Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 08:22 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 08:22

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 680 Q39 V44
GPA: 3.09
WE:Project Management (Transportation)
Send PM
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: Veritas Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 186 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: Founder, Amerasia Consulting Group
Own Kudos [?]: 268 [1]
Given Kudos: 264
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 680 Q50 V31
GPA: 3.6
WE:Engineering (Real Estate)
Send PM
Re: Sending scores to schools on test day, not applying for 1yr? [#permalink]
PaulLanzillotti wrote:
biehniac wrote:
Would it be detrimental to my chances of getting into a school if I were to send my scores to it on the day of the GMAT, but then not apply for another year?

Hey biehniac:

Keep in mind that you are probably going to have to resend them again. If you simply send score and do not apply, they will probably just trash the test score, as they do not know what to do with it. They will probably just think that you have no intention of applying. So, you are probably going to have to come up with the $25 or so it takes to resend your score. As an aside, if you take the GMAT a few times, they will see your history of scores on the latest version of your test transcript.
I hope this information helps.

Respectfully,
Paul Lanzillotti

Hey Paul
I was told that the scores aren't physically sent to the schools, but they just have access to view your official profile and scores. So, if that is the case, then the schools wouldn't even know if I sent them the scores unless I apply to those schools, and since the scores are valid for 5 years, I could apply to the school anytime in the next 5 years (if I give my GMAT now) and then they would look at my score, once they receive my application. Hence, there's no point of the school not knowing what to do with my score, and trashing the scores.
Is that information correct?
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 494 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Hey there,

Schools run queries on the GMAC database all the time in order to identify talent and build their pipeline. There isn't any distinct advantage to this but if you do share your scores with a particular school, they may reach out to you and try to court you (if your score is high enough).

Also, schools don't trash your scores. It's an online database and they have electronic access. When you apply, you don't need to send scores to each school - you self report and provide, in some cases, unverified score reports (e.g. scanned copy of the print out). If you are accepted and pay the deposit, then you need to send official verification. If, at that point, you're going to a school you'd already sent the score to, then you don't need to resend it.

If you're not applying for another year, and you don't want to have your score out there just yet, don't share it. It's really not a big deal!

Cheers!

Bhavik
GMAT Club Bot