Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 00:42 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 00:42

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos:
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, International Business
WE:Supply Chain Management (Energy and Utilities)
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 598 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 598 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos:
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, International Business
WE:Supply Chain Management (Energy and Utilities)
Re: Several Questions [#permalink]
Just to follow up with this in case someone happens to search...

I took the GMAT and got a 740. I should have done better, but whatever. At any rate, I ended up doing final round admissions and was accepted to a top-30 school w/ a scholarship 2 weeks after I submitted everything. I did not apply anywhere else, but I also received a letter from Notre Dame saying I would be a good candidate for a full tuition scholarship + $12.5k stipend, and they do not know that I would have a J.D. I put down no experience and "some graduate courses" on the GMAT (I have not yet finished my JD). I have received e-mails from other top 50 schools suggesting I would be a good candidate for a full tuition scholarship.

Also, my close friend that recently graduated from UVA and works for BCG told me that firms like his won't care that I don't have experience. They just want me to come from a good school and they want to see a good GMAT. My JD would count toward experience.

Finally, the debt load isn't nearly as bad for someone in my position thanks to IBR.

That said, I ended up having a job come through that I'm excited about, so I took that. But if I didn't have anything come through, it would not have made sense to work as a pizza delivery boy. I had previously sent resumes for entry-level iBanking and Consulting jobs with no success -- they said a JD made me overqualified, but that I would need an MBA to start as an Associate. The legal market is miserably bad, and this was the only thing that came through. Anyway, maybe 3 years from now I'll try giving Harvard/Stanford/Penn/UChicago/Northwestern a shot if I feel I can benefit from a top-tier MBA.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 99 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V44
GPA: 3.54
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
is this a joke? forums attract huge swaths of people just looking for a bit of assurance and maybe a hug. take this thread down.
GMAT Club Bot