Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 17:57 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 17:57

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 3468 [0]
Given Kudos: 210
Concentration: General Management, Nonprofit
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 3046 [0]
Given Kudos: 157
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V34
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Re: Shoot for the stars, reach a treetop [#permalink]
Good luck....
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: International Business
Schools:Wharton, Chicago, London Business School
 Q48  V39
Send PM
Whiplash...your plan sounds great...good luck!! Thanks for the CR doc...that was great as well!!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Send PM
whiplash2411 wrote:
(Shoes be awesome, but I hate heels. I can't wear more than like 3 inches because of a toe-condition and it makes me look taller than like 90% of the guys I know if I wore heels > that)

But yay :) Thanks!

Gee, You are most welcome. I can completely understand how awkward it feels to Literally 'Stand Out' of the 'crowd'(i hope u know what i mean) :-D

Now let me not fidget with the sanctity of this thread. (May be we can have another thread for discussing shoes n stuff !!)

btw..Your CR guide Rocks ! :wink:
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Send PM
And i couldnt agree more with Mr.Dawgie..
@ intellijat - Love your signature ! And sad but true, u will have to deal with books and classes a couple of more years unless of course you drop your MBA plans (which has the least probability as u are a part of the holy GMATclub) :)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 256 [0]
Given Kudos: 66
Send PM
good luck.....all the best ahead......you are an active member of gmatclub...continue so....
SVP
SVP
Send PM
shorteverything wrote:
whip, it looks like you're on the right track. Just a few suggestions from a third-party observer to help you out...

1) If you have not done so already, schedule the actual test now. I scheduled mine 2 months ahead of time, which was good since I spent the first month procrastinating. You could fall into lull periods where you don't do any studying for a week or two. But scheduling the test way ahead of time turns up the mental heat and ensures that the goal weighs heavily on your mind 24/7

2) The error log is useful, so make sure you are using it to its maximum benefit. Spend just as much time analyzing it as you do making it. Really figure out where your weakest areas are, and then go back and do a few extra problems from those sections.

3) I cannot stress this one enough: Do not underestimate the value of GMATPrep, and realistic CAT's. The test is going to look and feel exactly like the GMATPrep. You want to have as much experience in an actual test environment (3-4 hours long) as possible. The test is on the computer so your practice should be weighted towards computer-based tests. Take CAT's regularly. Include the breaks. Do the essays each and every time.

4) Finally, don't just be a robot who sticks only to practice at home and on the computer. Be flexible with your routine and if you stumble upon new methods or exercises, do them. You want your prep to be as well rounded as possible. Try to use GMAT concepts in everyday life during your prep. This will cement them into your head. It's nerdy, but it works.

Good luck

Thanks short. :) I have already incorporated all of what you said into my schedule. :)

Quote:
Gee, You are most welcome. I can completely understand how awkward it feels to Literally 'Stand Out' of the 'crowd'(i hope u know what i mean) :-D

Now let me not fidget with the sanctity of this thread. (May be we can have another thread for discussing shoes n stuff !!)

btw..Your CR guide Rocks ! :wink:

Haha, thanks. :) And yes, we can have a detailed discussion sometime :P
SVP
SVP
Send PM
I have started using an Error Log for my preparation. I am presently using the one developed by Spoilt, because it is readily customizable. I plan to use one Error Log per book I use. So far this is how my error log looks like:

Attachment:
Error Log.JPG
Error Log.JPG [ 72.05 KiB | Viewed 2633 times ]

Hopefully, the 93% will go back up to a 98% :)
SVP
SVP
Status:<strong>Nothing comes easy: neither do I want.</strong>
Own Kudos [?]: 3594 [0]
Given Kudos: 235
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
Schools: ISB '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V31
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V35
Send PM
Great whip !!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 483 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Finance
 Q44  V41
Send PM
whip: In your error log(s), you may want to consider not including correct answers. That is a waste of your time and it won't help you at all. Plus that will make you overconfident in your ability by seeing high hit rates.

What I did was only record the wrong answers, across a number of practice materials. By doing this I was able to see EXACTLY where my weak areas were, even down to the subsection within a section. Then I just reviewed that lesson and took some more practice of that same exact subsection within a section. So for instance, a big problem for me was Operations on rational numbers within number property within Arithmetic in Quant. The error logs were invaulable in focusing on these problems.

Remember: diversify = fail...... and focus = win :)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 84 [0]
Given Kudos: 46
Send PM
shorteverything wrote:
whip: In your error log(s), you may want to consider not including correct answers. That is a waste of your time and it won't help you at all. Plus that will make you overconfident in your ability by seeing high hit rates.

What I did was only record the wrong answers, across a number of practice materials. By doing this I was able to see EXACTLY where my weak areas were, even down to the subsection within a section. Then I just reviewed that lesson and took some more practice of that same exact subsection within a section. So for instance, a big problem for me was Operations on rational numbers within number property within Arithmetic in Quant. The error logs were invaulable in focusing on these problems.

Remember: diversify = fail...... and focus = win :)

So focus on equities right?
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Time to start preparing for SC!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
whiplash2411 wrote:
Time to start preparing for SC!

Can't wait!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 427 [0]
Given Kudos: 52
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
Schools: UNC (Kenan-Flagler) - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
WE:Programming (Computer Software)
Send PM
good luck!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 40
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Marketing
Schools:Lot's that I shall most likely not get into
GMAT 2: 720
WE 1: Strategy Consulting
WE 2: corp finance
WE 3: Marketing
Send PM
Good luck on the study prep and all. With your comprehensive planning/work, you'd not be in bad shape in any way but my couple of nuggets from my prior experiences.

Learn to commit the hours of taking the exam - it's real slow and drab for someone used to having multiple windows open with chats/etc.

Secondly, if you get something right really quickly in math (and tams/brown ppl esp seem to occasionally have this from prior experiences), don't let it startle you and make you think "whoa I'm half done with math in half the allotted time - this is odd, gotta slow down" - this got me on the 2nd time I took quant and was silly, but meant that I started to lose my train of thought cos I was going too fast for first half of the section.

Other than that, have fun - penn state's a riot of a school and don't forget to balance ur stress level with DM/whatever is on around campus.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
This is a tremendous thread. Thanks so much for sharing.

It's great reading your experience because I myself have found the test really daunting. Maybe it's because I have been out of school for a while, or maybe it's because I was no never so sharp in the first place.

I actually read this article about the GMAT not being natural and it helped a bit. :(

Best,
Shannon
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
ShannWeiss wrote:
This is a tremendous thread. Thanks so much for sharing.

It's great reading your experience because I myself have found the test really daunting. Maybe it's because I have been out of school for a while, or maybe it's because I was no never so sharp in the first place.

I actually read this article about the GMAT not being natural and it helped a bit. :(

Best,
Shannon

Good luck Shannon, and welcome to the club.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 427 [0]
Given Kudos: 52
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
Schools: UNC (Kenan-Flagler) - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
WE:Programming (Computer Software)
Send PM
good luck shannon!
GMAT Club Bot