Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 00:55 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 00:55

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Affiliations: U. Chicago, Johns Hopkins, AIGAC
Own Kudos [?]: 192 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Send PM
[#permalink]
prospective mba wrote:
i really appreciate your help!
thank you!

You're welcome.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
I've been studying for the GMAT and I'm afraid scoring 650+ will be a hard task for me. Don't get me wrong, I'm going to do my best to do well, but my scores have been consistently low. Having said that, will my chances at NYU STERN decrease drastically if I don't score in the vicinity of 700?
Also, I was accepted to a MHA (Master of Health Administration) program for fall 2007. But I'm having doubts since I am serious about getting an MBA. If I pursue this program, but leave if I get admitted to Stern, will my application be effected negatively? The reason I'm still considering MHA as a back up is because I'm afraid I won't be accepted to Stern for 2008. (I know I'm being ridiculous for focusing on ONE school and one school only. But Stern is where I want to be. Very badly) Would you recommend that I continue gaining work experience and stronger extra curricular activity experience? And forgo on MHA?
Thank you!
MBA PROSPECT
SVP
SVP
Send PM
[#permalink]
prospective mba wrote:
I've been studying for the GMAT and I'm afraid scoring 650+ will be a hard task for me. Don't get me wrong, I'm going to do my best to do well, but my scores have been consistently low. Having said that, will my chances at NYU STERN decrease drastically if I don't score in the vicinity of 700?
Also, I was accepted to a MHA (Master of Health Administration) program for fall 2007. But I'm having doubts since I am serious about getting an MBA. If I pursue this program, but leave if I get admitted to Stern, will my application be effected negatively? The reason I'm still considering MHA as a back up is because I'm afraid I won't be accepted to Stern for 2008. (I know I'm being ridiculous for focusing on ONE school and one school only. But Stern is where I want to be. Very badly) Would you recommend that I continue gaining work experience and stronger extra curricular activity experience? And forgo on MHA?
Thank you!
MBA PROSPECT

Your work experience is not especially strong or unusual, so if your GMAT is also below 700 I don't see NYU Stern as realistic for you. Even with a 700 GMAT it will be a longshot given the profile you gave me. Therefore I would not risk all on getting into NYU. If you get admitted to Stern will your application to what school be affected negatively? If you're admitted to Stern Stern won't care what you do to MHA program. And the MHA program won't be pleased if you leave it for Stern, but they can't stop you. So I don't understand your question. You never said what your post-MBA goals are so I can't advise you whether to forego the MHA. It might be that an MHA and MBA are a great combination for some fields.

Good luck,
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
If NYU Stern is a reach for me, do I have a higher chance at admittance to Fordham?
I understand that Fordham doesn't compare to Stern, but would I be at a great disadvantage in the job market after I'm done? Especially with NYU and Columbia graduates competing for the same job?
Thanks,
SVP
SVP
Send PM
[#permalink]
prospective mba wrote:
If NYU Stern is a reach for me, do I have a higher chance at admittance to Fordham?
I understand that Fordham doesn't compare to Stern, but would I be at a great disadvantage in the job market after I'm done? Especially with NYU and Columbia graduates competing for the same job?
Thanks,

Prospective MBA,

Your chances of admission at Fordham are excellent, yes. NYU and Columbia graduates generally have an advantage over other graduates in getting employers' attention, but by no means will they be chosen over Fordham graduates every time. Your own performance in B-school, your own work experience and skills, and your own interview skills will go along way toward deciding who hires you. Once you get a few years of post-MBA experience under your belt, you will be judged more on your work experience than on which school you earned your MBA at.

Good luck,
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Paul,
I really appreciate all the help you provide not only me, but to others.
Thank you so much!
SVP
SVP
Send PM
[#permalink]
prospective mba wrote:
Paul,
I really appreciate all the help you provide not only me, but to others.
Thank you so much!

You're welcome.
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]