It is currently 12 Dec 2017, 23:37

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Should I reschedule? Advice needed...

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 31 Jul 2009
Posts: 2

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 0

Should I reschedule? Advice needed... [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Aug 2009, 08:28
I'm scheduled to take the GMAT on September 5 in roughly two weeks. I work full-time (typically 60-70 hours per week), so finding time to study has been very difficult for me. I recently completed the Princeton Review course but haven't seen much improvement in my scores.

Brief history: I took the GMAT to satisfy a degree requirement in 2006. I scored 660 (M45 V39) and studied for roughly 1 week. My practice score history since taking the Princeton course is as follows:

Princeton CAT #1: 640 V40/M39
Princeton CAT #2: 640 V40/M39
Princeton CAT #3: 680 V36/M48
Princeton CAT #4: 600 (totally bombed verbal section. probably bc I took it at 1am) V30/M43
Princeton Retake CAT #1: 660 V39/M43

I'm aiming for a 700 and will likely be applying for b-school in August '10.

Would there be any harm in postponing my exam until early 2010? My concern is that I might forget some of the material, but I plan on doing a lot of upkeep in the meantime.

Also, generally speaking, how difficult is it to go from 660 to 700?

Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 0

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
Joined: 18 Jun 2009
Posts: 356

Kudos [?]: 79 [0], given: 15

Location: San Francisco
Schools: Duke,Oxford,IMD,INSEAD
Re: Should I reschedule? Advice needed... [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Aug 2009, 08:56
The biggest headache for many GMATers aiming for 700+ is that 50 points push from 650+, the reason being that to get a 700+ score, you need to do well in both the sections and also you need to get the tough questions of GMAT right. I sincerely feel you should postpone but I would not postpone it to next year but postpone it by a max of 3 months and continue the tempo you have built and complete it by this year end.

Kudos [?]: 79 [0], given: 15

Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 13 Feb 2009
Posts: 262

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 45

Concentration: Finance, General Management
Schools: Michigan (Ross) - Class of 2013
WE: Other (Insurance)
Re: Should I reschedule? Advice needed... [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Aug 2009, 09:14
I suggest you take the gmatprep test and see how you do.

A lot of practice tests are harder and unlike the real one, but I've never taken PR tests.

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 45

Expert Post
Founder
Founder
User avatar
D
Joined: 04 Dec 2002
Posts: 15997

Kudos [?]: 29372 [0], given: 5301

Location: United States (WA)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests
Re: Should I reschedule? Advice needed... [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Aug 2009, 09:35
You have a few issues going on with your work schedule. If you continue working so much, there is not a whole lot of sense to start prepping.
Waiting 6 months will cause you forget much of the materials and question tricks (but you will still remember answerst to the questions you did), so that's always NOT the recommended option, but if that's the only option, then the choice is clear.

I would wait until you have an opportunity to spend at least a month or preferably 2 on the GMAT. Going from 650 to 700+ is a common hurdle - many get stuck there. It does take a good push (time and effort) to get out of it as it involves doing a detailed analysis of your weaknesses and re-reading/re-working a lot of what you may have covered but not well enough. Take a look at this plan I put together for those trying to cross the 700 barrier: gmat-study-plan-go-from-650-to-80235.html
_________________

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... or use our Daily Study Plan


Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Kudos [?]: 29372 [0], given: 5301

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 15 Nov 2016
Posts: 6

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 5

Location: India
GMAT 1: 570 Q39 V29
GPA: 4
CAT Tests
Re: Should I reschedule? Advice needed... [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Oct 2017, 02:54
I have my exam scheduled 9 days from now and recently took a Veritas mock scoring a 620( Q47,V32 )upon analysis I found it's more of a practice issue than the concept.
Aiming for atleast 700+(Q50,V41).

Should I reschedule my exam for month and work on practicing.

Applying in Round 2 for Tepper, Mendoza, Schulich, HEC and NUS.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 5

Intern
Intern
User avatar
B
Joined: 07 May 2017
Posts: 36

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 128

Location: Indonesia
GPA: 3.33
Re: Should I reschedule? Advice needed... [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Oct 2017, 03:31
Going to 700 from 620 need a lot of hard work. Not only hard but also smart if I must say. I also aim 700, and if I were you, I would postpone it, maybe about 1 or 2 months.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
_________________

Confidence , Commitment, and Consistence

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 128

Re: Should I reschedule? Advice needed...   [#permalink] 23 Oct 2017, 03:31
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Should I reschedule? Advice needed...

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: HKD1710

HOT DEALS FOR NOVEMBER
Economist GMAT - Free Free 1-week trial + Free Test
Kaplan Courses - Save $475 $225 Discount + $250 Bonus
Target Test Prep - $800 $50 Discount + $750 Bonus [GMAT Club
Tests and Premium MBA Bundle]
EMPOWERgmat - $99/mo GMAT Club tests included 2nd month
GMAT Club Tests - Free Included with every course purchase
of $149 or more - Full List is here


GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.