Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 20:31 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 20:31

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 686 [0]
Concentration: sustainability, social enterprise, design
Schools:Erb Institute: Ross | SNRE
 Q49  V44
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 332 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Should I retake? 680, int. app. [#permalink]
Thanks guys for your input; I´m probably retaking by August so that I can chill-out and move on with the rest of the beauty contest in the meantime (TOEFL, essays, etc.). My application is allegedly strong but, after putting so much efforts (and money) on all this, I cannot allow to be rejected just because of the GMAT .

I basically prepared during Xmas + a week off with the official materials. As far as I sharpen my mind with tougher stuff it should not be a big deal to break the 700 barrier, but I don´t expect a 750+ either while working 10+ hrs though

Given my very low quant, I´ll obviously focus on DS (one of my weaknesses) and PS. What materials do you recommend? After going through most of the debriefs, apparently the Manhattan GMAT quant books and the GMATClub Challenges are the best resources. In verbal, I hope to keep in good shape just by redoing the official materials and taking the TOEFL. However I´m considering the Powerscore bible to boost SC. Any thoughts?

Thanks and gook luck for all those un R2!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks guys for your input; I´m probably retaking by August so that I can chill-out and move on with the rest of the beauty contest in the meantime (TOEFL, essays, etc.). My application is allegedly strong but, after putting so much efforts (and money) on all this, I cannot allow to be rejected just because of the GMAT .

I basically prepared during Xmas + a week off with the official materials. As far as I sharpen my mind with tougher stuff it should not be a big deal to break the 700 barrier, but I don´t expect a 750+ either while working 10+ hrs though

Given my very low quant, I´ll obviously focus on DS (one of my weaknesses) and PS. What materials do you recommend? After going through most of the debriefs, apparently the Manhattan GMAT quant books and the GMATClub Challenges are the best resources. In verbal, I hope to keep in good shape just by redoing the official materials and taking the TOEFL. However I´m considering the Powerscore bible to boost SC. Any thoughts? I have just check that 5 out of the 8 Manhattan GMAT Strategy Guides are quant stuff, so that I may end up buying the whole set, just another 200 bucks!

Thanks and gook luck for all those in R2!

Originally posted by Elultimodelafila on 12 Jan 2009, 15:57.
Last edited by Elultimodelafila on 12 Jan 2009, 16:19, edited 1 time in total.
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1850 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 2: 670
Send PM
You have a pretty good verbal score, considering you're not a native english speaker correct?

Can you tell me what you are studying for your verbal? I'm in need of help in that area.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
bigfernhead wrote:
You have a pretty good verbal score, considering you're not a native english speaker correct?

Can you tell me what you are studying for your verbal? I'm in need of help in that area.

I just used OG + quant and verbal reviews. Well, I read a book named "Ace the GMAT" which I don´t even know whether it is marketed in the US (I was launched by a sort of local Veritas in my country), definitely not that worth it anyway, I just got a few basic tricks but there were a hundred typos all over the book...

Regarding my verbal, I agree with some posters in that the oficial materials are enough for that section. Moreover, I allegedly have a decent level of English, particularly for reading: suscriber to the economist, passed the 3 CFA exams, etc.

After doing every exercise on the OG and the verbal review, I felt quite comfortable with CR and RC, and started to develop some sort of guts feeling for SC that I hope to polish for next time!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Just registered, I´ll be retaking in June.

Thanks
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 332 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
good luck with your test.
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Founder