It is currently 18 Oct 2017, 08:35

Live Now:

GMAT Verbal Live on YouTube: Join Now!

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Should I Retake GMAT Thread - Retaking GMAT Strategies

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Expert Post
Founder
Founder
P

Kudos [?]: 28485 [0], given: 5106

GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Should I Retake GMAT Thread - Retaking GMAT Strategies [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Dec 2016, 15:52
My semi-professional opinion/suggestion would be:

1. R3 is not really a realistic option to depend on, so if you can't apply to R2, then may as well apply next year
2. Foster mailbox is full of Microsoft and Amazon tech applicants - your profile is likely to be considered not unique and definitely well represented. Can you add more value in your application? Think how you could do that via professional growth, experience, etc - you probably had more than the other applicants.
3. I know you are dead-set on Foster but there are plenty of other schools with similar stats that may be just as good and even better that may appreciate your candidacy more.
4. Based on what I am hearing/reading sounds like you can get the most value out of putting your time into Apps rather than GMAT
5. Your age is becoming a problem and will be a problem next year. I think you want to put 110% of effort to get in this year

Based on the above, if I were in your shoes, I would apply for R2 into a number of schools and Foster included (R3 for them) this year and would not consider next year as an alternative or an option. This year or nothing. Since you are so set on Foster, as a last-ditch effort, I would also schedule a GMAT appointment on Jan 2nd or smth like that but do very little prep - mostly focus on applications and only do enough to keep you in shape, and then do one more attempt in Jan just in case you can move the needle another 20-40 points (GMAT has a standard error of 40, meaning the same person can score quite a bit of a difference between 2 attempts). But I would not count on it, it is more of a bet to improve your chances - you need to focus on essays, applications, etc.

Good Luck!

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... or use our Daily Study Plan

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Kudos [?]: 28485 [0], given: 5106

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 58

Show Tags

New post 16 Dec 2016, 02:32
Hi guys,

I got my GMAT yesterday and scored 650.

AWA- waiting but I am expecting a score above 4, which is adequate
IR 7 - Way easier than my practices. I had been getting 3-4, and I got 7 from GMAT IR
Q 48 - I was able to answer questions with confidence. The questions seem to be easy for me. I like studying quant :)
V 31 - Hard. I was aware of my weak points, and I had studied before the exam. During the real GMAT, it was hard to understand the text and even the answers. (I am not a native speaker and not from a country favorite with its perfect English, as you can guess) I believe it was because of the total stress, in the end, it was harder than my practices.

I am planning to apply German MBAs, namely Mannheim, ESMT, WHU, Leipzig end of R1 or mid of R2. Required Gmat score is 600, average score of applicants is 640-670

I appreciate if you can help me with whether retaking Gmat considering the issues below:

1- I am an architecture; I don't have a full technical background. My GPA is 3.2; however, my quant lessons' GPA is around 2.00. Thus, I believe my quant score is high enough to compensate. What do you think?

2- My verbal is my weak point, and the score is close to practices. I need to read more since in GMAT I get bored of reading the texts.

3- I admit that, I have only answered 50% of questions in OG and that I still have one undone GMATprep mock up, and 3 undone Manhattan CATS. Meaning that, I have space for further study. I believe that I am in good shape right now, and if I continue to study, I can reach 700 level. Does it worth it?

4- I resigned from my job in November, and focus on GMAT full time. (1,5-month full-time study.) I want to focus on my essays in the following 15-20 days, again full-time. If I decide to challenge 700, I will spend 2-3 hours a day with Gmat, mainly focusing on verbal. I am planning to have a light study program.

5- I haven't got TOEFL yet, I am not sure it is needed. According to my conversations, it is required based on the circumstances. I think, while studying verbal gmat, I will also be studying for Toefl.

What do you say? Is it worth it concerning money and time allocated to GMAT?

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 58

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 03 Mar 2017, 23:17
Very useful. Thank you very much. I try my best to retake next time

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 4

GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Should I Retake GMAT Thread - Retaking GMAT Strategies [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Mar 2017, 10:30
Hello

I took my first attempt at it yesterday and came out very disappointed. I was studying for the last 5 months.
I used all the manhattan books, GMATclub tests, OG16 guides, and some vertias prep free video lessons for a few sections.

I got 640 (42Q, 36V). 4 IR.

My practice tests from GMATPrep were:

Jan 27: 660 (47, 34)
Feb 11: 710 (47,41)
Feb 18: 710 (48, 40)
Feb 27: 690 (46, 38) -> this one i think is because my mouse stopped working and didn't submit last answer in time for quant.

These were exams from the free exam pack and EP2, no repeats. All the exams were fresh.

My biggest hit was in Quant by far. I don't know what happened. Like the exam just seemed "harder" than these practice questions. I think I spent like 3 or 4 minutes on the 2nd question alone. I ended up having to rush and guess on the last 4 or 5 questions in quant. Maybe it was just bad luck because I don't think I got more than 2 or 3 questions at stuff I'm good at in quant.

Verbal was a little bit better but still inconsistent. I wanted to hit 40 minimum there so that I can achieve 700+.

The exam itself felt like it was going poorly the moment I started IR. I couldn't do several IR questions either.

Anyway I want to retake in a month or so. Can anyone give me some advice on what I should do? I just hope this first attempt is an anomaly :(

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 4

Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 277 [0], given: 172

Show Tags

New post 07 Mar 2017, 09:08
I took GMAT three times:

First attempt: 620 (Prep Time: 2 months)
Second attempt: 630 (Prep Time:8 months - obviously inefficient 8 months)
Third attempt: 730! (Prep time: 2.5 months)

So definitely recommend re-taking if you need to breach that 700 barrier, but it takes a lot of preparation to get there.

After two poor results in the first two tests, I was strongly discouraged, especially, after I had invested so much time and effort to prep for the second test only to achieve a meager 10 point improvement. Eventually, ended up not applying last year. I mean 630 wouldn't make the cut in most good schools. So, I started thinking that I was doing something wrong in my prep for GMAT and needed a different approach. Three months ago, I came across this prep service called gmatsense.com and they guaranteed a 70 point improvement or they would return the money, which really got my attention. Then what caught my interest is their approach, ther program consists of going through 25 GMAT like tests and learning through doing the tests:) They make you read explanations right after you answer each question and they make you understand why the answer choices are wrong and then go through the error-log and work on your mistakes. But when you go into the error-log you don't see the same question that you made a mistake on, you see its twin to ensure that you just don't automatically pull the answer out of your recent memory, now, that's smart! Honestly, looking back I think I got my re-assurance that I wasn't studying efficiently in the past and that I wasn't a stupid person:)

Overall, I would recommend the gmatsense program to all on their GMAT journey, as it is a truly see-through experience, it's like they teach you to see in the dark, it costs less then the GMAT itself and guarantees 70 point improvement.

I got 730 now and am applying to my dream schools! Well, hopefully the next part of my journey has become a little easier with this score.

I will greatly appreciate your KUDOS my friends!

Kudos [?]: 277 [0], given: 172

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 25

GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V36

Show Tags

New post 16 Jun 2017, 23:17
Hi all,

I had registered for the Mock CAT about 3 years ago and purchased the 6-test pack back then. Scored a 710 on the actual GMAT.

I plan to reappear for the GMAT in a couple of months. Are there any additional mock CATs that are available from Manhattan that I can purchase for my prep?
Separately, what are the other mock CATs that have now moved on to the new test taking mode?

Cheers
Arpit

Risk Everything!

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 25

Expert Post
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
G

Kudos [?]: 1564 [0], given: 400

GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V46
GMAT 2: 800 Q51 V51
GRE 1: 340 Q170 V170

Show Tags

New post 18 Jun 2017, 09:55
Manhattan hasn't released any new practice tests, but their question bank is pretty huge, so it would probably be at least somewhat useful to retake them, especially since it's been three years and you've probably forgotten most of the questions. Just keep in mind that it's incredibly hard for even the best test-prep companies to copy the style of the test -- particularly on verbal -- so make the official GMATPrep tests a higher priority if you haven't already burned through those.

Veritas and Manhattan have definitely updated their software to allow you to select the order of your GMAT sections, but I'm not sure about any of the others. The GMATPrep software will supposedly be updated in late July.

GMAT Club Verbal Expert | GMAT/GRE tutor at www.gmatninja.com | GMAT blog |food blog | Friendly warning: I'm really bad at PMs

Beginners' guides to GMAT verbal
Reading Comprehension | Critical Reasoning | Sentence Correction

SC & CR Questions of the Day (QOTDs), featuring expert explanations
All QOTDs | Subscribe via email | RSS

Need an expert reply?
Hit the request verbal experts' reply button -- and please be specific about your question. Feel free to tag @GMATNinja and @GMATNinjaTwo in your post.

Sentence Correction articles & resources
How to go from great (760) to incredible (780) on GMAT SC | That "-ing" Word Probably Isn't a Verb | That "-ed" Word Might Not Be a Verb, Either | No-BS Guide to GMAT Idioms | "Being" is not the enemy | WTF is "that" doing in my sentence?

Reading Comprehension, Critical Reasoning, and other articles & resources
All GMAT Ninja articles on GMAT Club | Using LSAT for GMAT CR & RC |7 reasons why your actual GMAT scores don't match your practice test scores | How to get 4 additional "fake" GMAT Prep tests for $29.99... in any section order

YouTube verbal webinars:
"Next-level" GMAT pronouns | Uses of "that" on the GMAT | Parallelism and meaning

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship

Show Tags

New post 25 Jun 2017, 01:03
Hi Guys,

Need some help from you.

I have taken GMAT a month back and scored 600 with Quant 50 and Verbal 22. I want to improve my verbal score without affecting the quant score much. I have 2 months to prepare. Could someone please help me to design a study plan. Currently, I have thought to start again from basics i.e. learning SC and CR rules and spend 2hrs daily ( I am doing a full-time job) on it.

Intern
Intern

GMAT 1: 720 Q42 V47
GPA: 3.81
WE: Asset Management (Other)

Show Tags

New post 26 Jun 2017, 07:16
Hi,

I just took the GMAT this weekend and score a 720 overall with a 42Q, 47V, and 8IR.

I am wondering if my low quant score is too much of a red flag for top 10 schools and should retake, or if my other experience makes up for this and I should focus on other areas (extracurricular).

I have my bachelors degree in Finance with a 3.81 GPA, have passed all three levels of the CFA exams, and work in equity research.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks!
Jared

Expert Post
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
G

Show Tags

New post 27 Jun 2017, 20:29
jarallen09 wrote:
Hi,

I just took the GMAT this weekend and score a 720 overall with a 42Q, 47V, and 8IR.

I am wondering if my low quant score is too much of a red flag for top 10 schools and should retake, or if my other experience makes up for this and I should focus on other areas (extracurricular).

I have my bachelors degree in Finance with a 3.81 GPA, have passed all three levels of the CFA exams, and work in equity research.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks!
Jared

Whoa, congrats on the great composite and the epic verbal score, Jared! Please send some of that verbal mojo over to our brothers and sisters in the verbal forums. :)

It's hard for me to imagine that schools would be fundamentally worried about your quantitative abilities with a background like yours. Finance degree, 3.81 GPA, CFA x3? That all looks great. Maybe they'll flinch at the 42 anyway, though. And keep in mind that average scores are north of 730 for some of the top programs now -- so as a male applicant in finance, a 740+ would look awfully nice.

More importantly: I'd bet anything that you're totally capable of raising that quant score. Like, by a lot. I'd also bet anything that you made a whole bunch of careless errors on questions that you're capable of handling. Did you happen to get an ESR? If so, you'll probably see all sorts of evidence of errors on not-super-tough questions.

So the biggest reason for you to retake is probably the fact that you most likely have the talent to gain 5-7 extra points on the quant section. So unless you've struggled a whole lot more with GMAT math than with your undergrad degree and your CFA... why not take another shot or two? A 47Q/47V -- or even a 47Q/44V, or something like that -- would put you on much stronger footing if you're applying to elite programs, and I'm pretty convinced that you can pull that off.

Let us know what you decide to do!

GMAT Club Verbal Expert | GMAT/GRE tutor at www.gmatninja.com | GMAT blog |food blog | Friendly warning: I'm really bad at PMs

Need an expert reply?
Hit the request verbal experts' reply button -- and please be specific about your question. Feel free to tag @GMATNinja and @GMATNinjaTwo in your post.

How to go from great (760) to incredible (780) on GMAT SC | That "-ing" Word Probably Isn't a Verb | That "-ed" Word Might Not Be a Verb, Either | No-BS Guide to GMAT Idioms | "Being" is not the enemy | WTF is "that" doing in my sentence?

All GMAT Ninja articles on GMAT Club | Using LSAT for GMAT CR & RC |7 reasons why your actual GMAT scores don't match your practice test scores | How to get 4 additional "fake" GMAT Prep tests for $29.99... in any section order

YouTube verbal webinars:
"Next-level" GMAT pronouns | Uses of "that" on the GMAT | Parallelism and meaning

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 2

Show Tags

New post 03 Jul 2017, 17:30
Hey guys.

I need help figuring out what to do next. I've been studying for nearly 4 and a half months already and took the GMAT twice. My first run was a 650 (Q42 V38) on May, so I got the extended report and noticed my main problems were SC and RC. So I focused for an entire month on SC and on reviewing Quant. Two days ago I took the GMAT once again and a lowered 10 points to a 640 (Q43 V35). I bought the extended report once again and noticed a huge improvement on SC but a TERRIBLE performance on RC (and to be honest I didn't practice it much). I feel like I've been out of focus in my study. I feel I can reach the 700 but I think I'm missing something.

Right now I'm focusing on verbal, specially RC to get that boost. Also, my performance on "Arithmetic" could be a bit higher, how can I study for this? What should I do for verbal? I plan to retake the test on 3 weeks. Any advice on this? I'm a little desperate to tell you the truth, I'm tired of this test and all it entails.

Attached is a table with detail from my GMATs. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Cheers!
Attachments

File comment: Gmat detailed report
Gmat summary.png
Gmat summary.png [ 56.52 KiB | Viewed 423 times ]

Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
G

Kudos [?]: 1564 [1], given: 400

Show Tags

New post 07 Jul 2017, 10:56
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
Hm, interesting verbal results, felipeangelm. In general, there could be two reasons why your RC score was low: 1) you're bad at reading, or 2) you missed some RC questions that you're perfectly capable of getting correct. And clearly, you're not bad at reading. Your CR results are really good. You just managed to do something goofy on RC this time around -- maybe a lack of focus, or some fatigue leaking in, or just reading too darned quickly? That stuff seems fixable to me if you really concentrate on developing a consistent approach to RC.

I'm not sure whether this will help, but this (pretty generic) article on RC might point you in the right direction in terms of how to think about consistency on RC. But I don't think that you need to drive yourself crazy doing TONS of RC practice -- just enough to be confident that you'll perform up to your usual standards. Other than the RC on that last exam, you've been in the 75th-90th percentile on RC and CR, so there's no reason you can't consistently score in that range on RC.

For quant, I wouldn't overthink the arithmetic subscore. Basically, the GMAT shoehorns EVERY type of quant question into those two categories (arithmetic and algebra/geometry), and that isn't terribly helpful for test-takers who are trying to figure out what, exactly, they need to study. I suspect that you have some legitimate weaknesses that could use some attention, but "arithmetic" is too general to be helpful. Keep a close eye on what you miss on your practice questions and tests, and see if that helps you figure out which topics could use some extra attention. And there are some great people in the quant section of GMAT Club who can help you with all of that.

Good luck with your retake, and please let us know how it goes!

Need an expert reply?

YouTube verbal webinars:

Kudos [?]: 1564 [1], given: 400

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
G

Kudos [?]: 176 [0], given: 102

Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
Schools: Olin '19 (A)
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
GMAT 2: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.7
WE: General Management (Other)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 08 Jul 2017, 03:00
felipeangelm wrote:
Hey guys.

I need help figuring out what to do next. I've been studying for nearly 4 and a half months already and took the GMAT twice. My first run was a 650 (Q42 V38) on May, so I got the extended report and noticed my main problems were SC and RC. So I focused for an entire month on SC and on reviewing Quant. Two days ago I took the GMAT once again and a lowered 10 points to a 640 (Q43 V35). I bought the extended report once again and noticed a huge improvement on SC but a TERRIBLE performance on RC (and to be honest I didn't practice it much). I feel like I've been out of focus in my study. I feel I can reach the 700 but I think I'm missing something.

Right now I'm focusing on verbal, specially RC to get that boost. Also, my performance on "Arithmetic" could be a bit higher, how can I study for this? What should I do for verbal? I plan to retake the test on 3 weeks. Any advice on this? I'm a little desperate to tell you the truth, I'm tired of this test and all it entails.

Attached is a table with detail from my GMATs. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Cheers!

GMATNinja has nicely summarized the quant strategies. As far as Verbal is concerned, I believe that you haven't completely analyzed your ESR. I bet that your average time in RCs is very low and in SC/CR is higher than required. If I am correct, first thing you should do is fix the time you take to solve CR & SC. That would generate more time for RCs and hence you will be more comfortable and accurate in them.

I'd appreciate learning about the grammatical errors in my posts

Please hit Kudos If my Solution helps

My Debrief for 750 - https://gmatclub.com/forum/from-720-to-750-one-of-the-most-difficult-pleatues-to-overcome-246420.html

My CR notes - https://gmatclub.com/forum/patterns-in-cr-questions-243450.html

Rest of the Notes coming soon.

Kudos [?]: 176 [0], given: 102

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 10 Jul 2017, 20:13
Hello,

I took the GMAT twice. On my first attempt I got 690 (V. 36 and Q. 48).
Being an international and engineer I was not satisfied with my quant score and focused mostly on quant for my second attempt.
I completed OG, Maghoosh and 5 Quant Gmat Club tests. Regarding verbal, I read a few english lit books and redid the hard problems from OG.
My GMAT prep tests were around 730-750 and decided to retake.

Second attempt was 710 (V. 41 and Q. 46). My poor performance on math (dropped 2 points..) has been bothering me and I am thinking to retake.
To be honest I had no time for the last 4-5 questions and I penalized my score..
Do you think that my quant score will negatively affect my application?
Do you have any good advice for time management guides in case I want to retake?

Thank you!

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 11 Jul 2017, 02:55
I admire your confidence. I am in a similar situation, but lacking confidence. I scored a 600 on my first go round and am stressing about whether I should take it over.

Intern
Intern

GMAT 1: 640 Q36 V41

Show Tags

New post 12 Jul 2017, 15:20
Hello,

Hoping to get some feedback on potentially re-taking the exam. Background: male, strategy consulting at a top firm, undergrad at top 20 business school with ~3.8 GPA.

1st exam = 640 (Q36 V41)
2nd exam = 690 (Q48 V37)

The drop in verbal resulted in me not quite hitting the 700 mark. I'm confident that I can bump the verbal back up into low 40's and maintain upper 40's in quant. Unsure if it's worth the time, effort, and money at this point.

Interested to hear some of your expert opinions. Thanks!

Expert Post
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
G

Show Tags

New post 17 Jul 2017, 09:42
charliet94 wrote:
Hello,

Hoping to get some feedback on potentially re-taking the exam. Background: male, strategy consulting at a top firm, undergrad at top 20 business school with ~3.8 GPA.

1st exam = 640 (Q36 V41)
2nd exam = 690 (Q48 V37)

The drop in verbal resulted in me not quite hitting the 700 mark. I'm confident that I can bump the verbal back up into low 40's and maintain upper 40's in quant. Unsure if it's worth the time, effort, and money at this point.

Interested to hear some of your expert opinions. Thanks!

Two thoughts:

• There are a TON of strategy consultants applying to top MBA programs, so if you're looking at elite, full-time U.S. programs, a 690 probably isn't going to cut it, unless you have some special trump card to play in the admissions process (diversity candidate, former Olympian, parent who has donated millions to the university, etc.).
  • If you can get a 48Q once and a 41V another time, there's no reason why you couldn't achieve both again if you put some time into developing better consistency.

If you're looking at less-selective programs -- or again, if you have some magnificent trump card to play in the admissions process -- then you might be OK with that 690. But I don't see any good reason why you couldn't pull that score up by at least 30 points.

I hope this helps!

Need an expert reply?

YouTube verbal webinars:

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Concentration: Marketing, Human Resources
GPA: 3

Show Tags

New post 22 Jul 2017, 05:47
This post was
BOOKMARKED
Hi
I am giving my GMAT next week, i was getting 600 score but just now when i took a mock i got 470 , please suggest something my verbal score is not getting better , i have to give exam next week only and i want 700 plus.
i finished my test before time also., either i am too late or too fast and low accuracy.

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

1 KUDOS received
BSchool Forum Moderator
D

Kudos [?]: 788 [1], given: 64

Concentration: Healthcare, Technology
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
GPA: 3.65
WE: Information Technology (Health Care)
Premium Member Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 22 Jul 2017, 06:20
This post received
KUDOS
priya666 wrote:
Hi
I am giving my GMAT next week, i was getting 600 score but just now when i took a mock i got 470 , please suggest something my verbal score is not getting better , i have to give exam next week only and i want 700 plus.
i finished my test before time also., either i am too late or too fast and low accuracy.

Hi priya666 ,

Let me be honest. Getting 700 in one week when you are at 470 is NEXT to impossible unless your luck is very strong.

Please see if you can delay your exam.

V21 ---> V40!

Kudos [?]: 788 [1], given: 64

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 21

WE: Programming (Computer Software)
Should I Retake GMAT Thread - Retaking GMAT Strategies [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Aug 2017, 11:07
This post was
BOOKMARKED
HI @BB/@GMATninja / @Bunuel/@souvik101990/@abhishek009/all the experts at gmatclub,

Need Help!

I have been a silent spectator here for slightly less than an year now, and really grateful to this site.About myself i am into IT with 5+ yrs of exp on Business Intelligence platform. I have good academics overall(although less co-curricular s).
I have appeared for GMAT twice now.Out of these attempts the first one was cancelled , i screwed up in verbal section majorly, in this attempt, i was coached by 2 instructors and focused more on notes/OG/Manhattan material.

In my second attempt last week , i scored a 640 overall(Q47,V31). Wasted time on 2 experimental questions in quants and so could not finish the last question. In verbal though i marked and was confident of SC and CR ( not sure of RC as i got 4 long passages.) I ordered ESR and got to know that RC saved my boat, and my accuracy in CR was unexpectedly bad. Now, i have 2 issues:-

1)Everyone i am meeting these days for an expert comment suggests for a retake, which i think is correct since i belong to the most common profile (Indian+IT though female :P ). But the problem is that most of the questions i am coming across are already seen or done(good memory is not always good :| ). Also i tend to remember the answers.
Please note that i was doing extremely well in my tests
Veritas test1: 720
Veritas test2:750
Veritas test3:700
Veritas test4:710
Veritas test5:700

Gmatprep test1/2: 720

Although i would say gmat prep score was inflated coz i had seen few questions before(Again memory :evil: ).

I will not say that i am not disheartened since i had put in a lot of effort and also prepared for a longer duration than the last time (6 whole months as compared to aprrox 4 months in my first).I do not know what went wrong , but i remember very well that i could reach to a 2 option confusion in most SC questions.Could you please suggest me any score improvement technique? I want to reattempt the exam within a month, so that i can apply for few R1 applications this year.

2) Could you please suggest few colleges where i can apply with this score? The ones where i might get a chance , i really don't want to delay MBA anymore???
Also, i am targeting bschools in Canada/India/Europe.Any help will be highly appreciated.

Last edited by aditiforgmat on 05 Aug 2017, 10:13, edited 1 time in total.

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 21

Should I Retake GMAT Thread - Retaking GMAT Strategies   [#permalink] 02 Aug 2017, 11:07

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26    Next  [ 513 posts ] 

Should I Retake GMAT Thread - Retaking GMAT Strategies

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: HiLine

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap