It is currently 18 Nov 2017, 20:48

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Should I retake the GMAT exam? Score-690 (V-31,Q-50,IR-8)

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 6

GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V31
Should I retake the GMAT exam? Score-690 (V-31,Q-50,IR-8) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Nov 2017, 00:24
This post was
BOOKMARKED
Hi,

I just took my GMAT exam and my Score is 690 (V-31,Q-50,IR-8).

I am an Engineer graduate from one of the very reputed college in India with GPA 4. I am working as Linux and VMware administrator with 7 years of experience.

I am targeting Chicago based universities, primarily Booth and Kellog.

Please suggest if I should try for round 2 with this GMAT score or Should I retake the exam?

Looking forward for your suggestions.
Thank you!!

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 6

Expert Post
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
G

Kudos [?]: 246 [0], given: 0

Re: Should I retake the GMAT exam? Score-690 (V-31,Q-50,IR-8) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Nov 2017, 14:31
Thanks for sharing your profile. With your current GMAT score you will need to retake to give yourself the best odds. Both schools are right around 730 these days and coming from your competitive demo your 690 will not be competitive enough

Veritas Prep | Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant

Find the expert who’s right for you. Meet our team!
Veritas Prep Reviews

Kudos [?]: 246 [0], given: 0

V

Kudos [?]: 325 [0], given: 29

WE: General Management (Non-Profit and Government)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Should I retake the GMAT exam? Score-690 (V-31,Q-50,IR-8) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Nov 2017, 11:10
enegoel wrote:
Hi,

I just took my GMAT exam and my Score is 690 (V-31,Q-50,IR-8).

I am an Engineer graduate from one of the very reputed college in India with GPA 4. I am working as Linux and VMware administrator with 7 years of experience.

I am targeting Chicago based universities, primarily Booth and Kellog.

Please suggest if I should try for round 2 with this GMAT score or Should I retake the exam?

Looking forward for your suggestions.
Thank you!!

Hi enegoel,

A 690 is a phenomenal score. However Indian IT is a very competitive pool to come from. You want to make sure all the parts of your application are as strong as possible. If you feel comfortable giving another attempt, you have a good enough time between now and your application to improve your score.

I think you should focus on the Verbal section as you Quant is already strong. As for verbal, if you are looking for some great practice, try out the e-gmat Scholaranium. The e-gmat Scholaranium is one of the best verbal practice tools in the market. You can easily track your progress in that you can identify your strengths and analyze and improve on your weak areas. Further to improve your score, taking multiple mocks might help. Apart from the GMATPREP, Manhattan GMAT tests and Veritas Prep Tests in my experience have a good verbal and Quant section and will certainly help you point out and improve your weak areas.

Hope this helps. All the best.

If you liked my post, kindly give me a Kudos. Thanks.

Kudos [?]: 325 [0], given: 29

Should I retake the GMAT exam? Score-690 (V-31,Q-50,IR-8)

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap