Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 19:06 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 19:06

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 1728 [1]
Given Kudos: 67
Concentration: Finance, Human Resources
Schools: ISB '18 (D)
GPA: 3.97
WE:Project Management (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22041 [1]
Given Kudos: 283
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Should i take GMAT at 36 for B School? [#permalink]
Thank you! I am confused myself whether to take executive MBA or just general MBA given the ROI and also assessing where im now to consider if it wil add value.

Posted from my mobile device
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 1919 [0]
Given Kudos: 628
Concentration: Marketing, Leadership
Send PM
Re: Should i take GMAT at 36 for B School? [#permalink]
Artderue - Absolutely, YES. Please review some of our success stories that highlight stories of MBA aspirants taking the test after 30, especially the stories of Sayantan and Santanu.

780 (Q50, V47) - Never too old: https://gmatclub.com/forum/780-q50-v47- ... 90828.html
760 (50, 42) after 730 by Santanu76: https://gmatclub.com/forum/gmat-760-50- ... 24675.html

Best GMAT Success Stories: https://gmatclub.com/forum/best-gmat-st ... 98512.html
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11664 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi Artderue,

The process of applying to (and ultimately attending) Business School will require a big investment of time, money and energy on your part, so you really should make sure that earning an MBA is something that you really want to do - and that the Programs that you apply to match your career goals/needs. There are a variety of factors that go into selecting the Schools that you'll apply to, so here are some things to consider:

1) Is there a particular company that you want to work for or industry that you want to work in? Certain degrees are more appropriate than others if you have a specific career goal.
2) What do you want your MBA to do for you?
3) Do you want to go to School full-time or part-time?
4) Are you willing to relocate? Are you comfortable with working through a program that is primarily online?
5) Are you going to be applying for scholarships?
Etc.

It's okay if you don't have answers to any of these questions just yet, but you really should try to define all of the important variables in terms of your goals, so that you can determine if this whole process is something that you're interested in - and so that you can tailor your entire approach to getting into the best School that matches what you're looking for.

Since you're ultimately asking Admissions questions, you would likely find it beneficial to speak with an Admissions Expert about your overall profile. Those Experts should be able to answer your Admissions questions and help define the specific areas of your profile that could use some improvement.

There's a Forum full of those Experts here:

https://gmatclub.com/forum/ask-admissio ... tants-124/

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
GMAT Club Bot