Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 09:55 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 09:55

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1526 [0]
Given Kudos: 54
GPA: 3.82
Send PM
Senior PS Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 5205 [0]
Given Kudos: 47
GPA: 3.12
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 2853 [0]
Given Kudos: 144
WE:General Management (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Re: Should I take it? [#permalink]
MartinIJ wrote:
Hi there,

I have been reading the forum for a while since I started studying for the GMAT one month ago ish.

I'm working full time in a financial service provider and it is been proved difficult to study more than 2h hours a day.

I have taken the free GMAT mock exams

3weeks ago 420

1 week ago 550

I would need around 600 to get accepted in the Mfin in Queens University and the last day I can take the exam is tomorrow. I'm confident if I get around 600 would be enough cause the working experience but to be honest I didn't have time even to look into the verbal section

Would you take it?

Many thanks & keep up the good work

Martin

Hi Martin,

As others have pointed out, Verbal section would require a bit hard-work. For verbal especially for CR and SC, I would highly encourage you to consider e-gmat verbal online or the e-gmat verbal live course. They are both amazing courses especially designed for non-natives. They offer almost 25% of their courses for free so you can try out their free trial to decide which one you want to go for. Plus the e-gmat Scholaranium which is included in both the courses is one of the best verbal practice tools in the market. You can easily track your progress in that you can identify your strengths and analyze and improve on your weak areas.

Further taking multiple mocks might help. Apart from the GMATPREP, Manhattan GMAT tests and Veritas Prep Tests in my experience have good verbal and Quant section and will certainly help you point out and improve your weak areas.

Further another advantage of taking many mocks is to build up your stamina. Apart from the GMATPREP tests, taking practise tests of any major GMATPREP company ought to do that.

I would also encourage you to purchase the GMATPREP QP 1 for some great additional practice. Here is a link that will help you with your decision.

https://gmatclub.com/forum/best-gmat-ve ... ml?fl=menu

Hope this helps. All the best.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Should I take it? [#permalink]