GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 02 Jun 2020, 23:37

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Simon ($$) Vs Mendoza ($$) Vs William & Mary ($$) Vs MAYS (TAMU)

new topic post reply Update application status  

Which program?

• 30% [4]
  • 61% [8]
  • 7% [1]
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Find Similar Topics 
Intern
Intern
B
GRE 1: Q160 V157
Simon ($$) Vs Mendoza ($$) Vs William & Mary ($$) Vs MAYS (TAMU)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 26 May 2020, 23:13
I am a law graduate from India with ~6 years of work experience in the corporate (legal) sector.

Post MBA - Not decided. Interested in general management but open to all industries/sectors. It depends upon the kind of networking opportunities I get through college.

STEM courses.

Simon cost after scholarship - 47k
Mendoza cost after scholarship - 56K
W&M cost after scholarship - 41K

Non-STEM

TAMU (Mays) cost after scholarship - 28k

Considering the current economic environment I am not sure which one is the best choice. Any advice?

Originally posted by sn2225 on 22 May 2020, 12:55.
Last edited by sn2225 on 26 May 2020, 23:13, edited 2 times in total.
Admitted - Which School Forum Moderator
S
Re: Simon ($$) Vs Mendoza ($$) Vs William & Mary ($$) Vs MAYS (TAMU)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 May 2020, 14:29
Edited to add a poll for you.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
B
Re: Simon ($$) Vs Mendoza ($$) Vs William & Mary ($$) Vs MAYS (TAMU)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 May 2020, 14:32
Thank you :)
Founder
Founder
V
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 22 May 2020, 15:18
Congrats on your admits and scholarships. Both Simon and Mendoza are STEM programs. I would focus on one of these. I probably slightly favor Mendoza for its stronger undergrad name of Notre Dame but I am probably grasping for straws here. Simon is heavy Finance and has 40% international students (I feel 30-35% is kind of the perfect mix with 40% being a bit on the high side when you are attending a US MBA program).

My vote would slightly teeter towards Mendoza. Also happens to be the most expensive of your choices...
B

Show Tags

New post 22 May 2020, 18:09
Thank you for your reply.

BSchool Forum Moderator
S
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GPA: 3.11

Show Tags

New post 22 May 2020, 18:49
For all the reasons bb mentioned, I'd pick Mendoza also.

Maybe ask if they can match your best 'after scholarship' cost to make your decision easy. They'll probably want to see your other offers; ask them for an additional $15k (to match W&M) and hope they give you $9 (to match Stern).

Good luck to you.
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Finance, Accounting

Show Tags

New post 22 May 2020, 19:25
disclaimer: I’m biased.

I would go to Notre Dame-Mendoza of those 3.

So my first question is did you get into the MBA/MSBA program at Mendoza? That is a dual degree which is stem and looks good on paper from an optics standpoint.

From a network standpoint, the ND alumni is very highly rated. They are a cohesive unit that really bonds. Part of it is due to the small nature of the program. Part of that also is due to the fact there is a culture to give back to the University. It is really ingrained there. The undergrad is also extremely strong and you can tap into that network as a member of the ND family. I haven’t heard many people say they attended “Mendoza”. They attended “Notre Dame”.

From a recruiting standpoint, do you want to be anywhere specific? All 3 of those are regional by nature but the ND brand is more global. Love, hate or indifferent to ND, you have most likely heard of the school.

From a jobs standpoint, I can’t attest to knowing the other programs statistics but ND tends to be trying to get more people into consulting. Certain companies recruit on campus but don’t expect MBB (moot point for these 3 unless I’m wrong?) You also will have to network like hell. Being in its own zip code is a blessing and curse for ND.

Affordability is probably a moot point here as none of them are in major cities. All your after cost prices are within striking distance of each other. Although it is nice that ND is at least relatively close to Chicago. Not super close but 2 hours is better than Rochester being like 6 hours from NY.

Finally, American football is a glorious time. Definitely not related to career at all but a very nice perk.

I don’t think you can go wrong with any of the programs but the above are just some insights I have ascertained during the application process.

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 23 May 2020, 07:56
applicant123456 wrote:
disclaimer: I’m biased.

I would go to Notre Dame-Mendoza of those 3.

So my first question is did you get into the MBA/MSBA program at Mendoza? That is a dual degree which is stem and looks good on paper from an optics standpoint.

From a network standpoint, the ND alumni is very highly rated. They are a cohesive unit that really bonds. Part of it is due to the small nature of the program. Part of that also is due to the fact there is a culture to give back to the University. It is really ingrained there. The undergrad is also extremely strong and you can tap into that network as a member of the ND family. I haven’t heard many people say they attended “Mendoza”. They attended “Notre Dame”.

From a recruiting standpoint, do you want to be anywhere specific? All 3 of those are regional by nature but the ND brand is more global. Love, hate or indifferent to ND, you have most likely heard of the school.

From a jobs standpoint, I can’t attest to knowing the other programs statistics but ND tends to be trying to get more people into consulting. Certain companies recruit on campus but don’t expect MBB (moot point for these 3 unless I’m wrong?) You also will have to network like hell. Being in its own zip code is a blessing and curse for ND.

Affordability is probably a moot point here as none of them are in major cities. All your after cost prices are within striking distance of each other. Although it is nice that ND is at least relatively close to Chicago. Not super close but 2 hours is better than Rochester being like 6 hours from NY.

Finally, American football is a glorious time. Definitely not related to career at all but a very nice perk.

I don’t think you can go wrong with any of the programs but the above are just some insights I have ascertained during the application process.

Thank you for replying to my post.

I have been accepted to the full-time MBA program not the dual degree. I hope to move back to Seattle after college but I think Amazon, Microsoft, Google - all these companies recruit from both Simon & Mendoza.

I prefer Notre Dame for the brand and network but Simon has STEM-designated courses. Going to connect with students from all these colleges to understand the job prospects better.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 02 Jun 2020, 13:00
I decided to enroll in Simon - mainly because of STEM option.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Simon ($$) Vs Mendoza ($$) Vs William & Mary ($$) Vs MAYS (TAMU)   [#permalink] 02 Jun 2020, 13:00

Simon ($$) Vs Mendoza ($$) Vs William & Mary ($$) Vs MAYS (TAMU)

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: FinanceMan, Regenerate