SORT BY
Most helpful
SORT BY
Recent interviewed
SORT BY
Recent posted
Debrief posted on  Mar 25 2019 [#permalink] Sloan MIT, MIT Sloan Fellows
Skype Interviewed on: Mar 20 2019 Final Decision: Interviewed

"Hi, My interview experience (skype): The interviewer called on time and introduced herself. The interaction began and stayed in conversation format. The questions asked were very general and on expected lines: 1. What has been a recent great achievement 2. Why do you think you succeeded 3. Talk about a time when things did not go well 4. How did you / your team respond to the situation 5. Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult colleague 6. Why MBA and why Sloan 7. Any questions for me Just to add, the tone was very friendly and stress free. There were a few follow up questions for each one of the above based on the stories I presented. My advise would be that the stories must be authentic and its vital that you go through them in detail while preparing so that the response to any question is experiential. I'd like to think that I did well. Lets hope for the best."

Anirudh10584 from India GMAT 750; WE: 129 months; Energy and Utilities
0 out of 0 people found this Debrief helpful.

Was this Debrief helpful for you?

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Mar 13 2019 [#permalink] Sloan MIT, MIT Supply Chain Management
Skype Interviewed on: Mar 01 2019 Final Decision: Interviewed

"The interview is 35-45 minutes long, and I would assume what they are trying to do is to put a face to the application. They want to know if you believe in what the various essays you have written say, and generally test your commitment and articulation. My interview was along those lines. They did not ask me any questions that would test my knowledge of systems design or anything like that. I also asked them a lot of questions when it was my turn, more to understand what I would need to do to complete the program."

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Feb 02 2018 [#permalink] Sloan MIT
On Campus Interviewed on: Nov 18 2017 Final Decision: Denied with Interview

"I just wanted to give my interview experience: I went into the smallish admissions room and I was waiting for over an hour with the different interviewees. Every single one was a Consultant or Banker from huge firms. Our interviews were staggered, 15 minutes apart. There was a lunch with students, which was very nice. I was a little bit more nervous due to the impending interview. I went back into the waiting room to study after that. The interview started and it was incredibly casual. I had planned for questions about my GPA, job transitions, the additional essay, and why I, as a re-applicant, was more prepared this year as opposed to last. I got the sense that all interviewers asked "What, if anything, has changed since you submitted your application?" I took the opportunity to mention a new leadership experience at work, but I punctuated it with something interesting/fun that had happened to me recently. This was actually something she had done recently and we talked for a couple of moments about this mutual activity. This didn't last too long before I was asked a few standard behavioral questions that I had practiced for: "A time you received negative feedback." "A time you lead oppositional members of a team." Etc. Then, in a bit of a curveball, I was asked about my goals and how I could achieve them at Sloan. I hadn't practiced much for it because I wasn't expecting it at Sloan, but my other interviews helped me here. Overall I thought the experience was great! I felt comfortable, I felt loose, and most importantly, I think my passion shone through. Have a personality and don't be a business machine would be my advice. Very few people are, but don't get tense in the moment and forget that they want to get to know you, not the physical embodiment of your professional resume. I really do hope that I get in as I felt the experience went very well. I loved the environment and all the students were very friendly, outgoing, and down to earth. Hopefully that helps for anyone waiting for an interview or anyone looking at Sloan in general. Best of luck to everyone, and hopefully we all get good news on the 19th!"

AnthonyV from United States GMAT 750;

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Jan 31 2018 [#permalink] Sloan MIT
Off Campus with Adcom Interviewed on: Feb 10 2015 Final Decision: Matriculating

"Hi guys. I thought I'd share my interview experience in case it helps. Not for the first time, I met with an Admissions Director in Europe. We actually had a great conversation. I had met my interviewer during Sloan‘s ‘On The Road’ event in my home city earlier this year, so we were already quite relaxed in each others presence. This was a seasoned interviewer and, all in all, a tough person to read. I felt we had a good bond and I could answer all their questions confidently and enthusiastically, so left feeling I had done well. Specific questions asked (maybe not in this exact order): - What has changed since your last application? [or since you submitted your application – always be prepared for this one!] - Tell me a bit more about [local charity I’m involved with and included on my resume] and what they do. - Give me a specific example of your leadership progression while [in my current role]. - What’s your long-term goal after coming to Sloan? - Have you considered which track you’d like to pursue? - You will be in the upper age range. Have you considered how you’ll handle this? - Anything else you’d like me to know about you? [good opportunity to jump right into a ‘greatest hit’ that has not been covered up to now] - Any questions for me? - Any final comments? In general, Sloan gives you a lot of opportunities to mention things important or relevant to your application – be ready to grab those! – but I also think my experience as an older-than-average candidate might be different to the norm. Sloan is also renowned for behavioural questions which means you may need to go deep into a particular story – way deeper than you might have planned. Have a few good stories to mind and rehearsed in your head before the big day or, better still, practice telling those stories with a friend who can dig into them and really press you for what you felt, how you reacted, why you did that etc. I really felt my mock interviews with my consultant, alum friends and the bathroom mirror (I kid you not!) helped to prepare me to give concise and passionate answers."

TopDogMBA from United Kingdom

yes
no
Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap