GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 30 Mar 2020, 19:00

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

SMU COX Vs Emlyon(France)

new topic post reply Update application status  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Find Similar Topics 
Intern
Intern
B
Reviews Badge
SMU COX Vs Emlyon(France)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Dec 2019, 02:22
I have been able to secure admit in SMU Cox 1-yr Full time and Emlyon International MBA

Tuition Fees Difference: around 30k (Emlyon way cheaper)
Ranking: Emlyon-80 vs SMU Cox-92
Duration 1-yr both
Salary: Emlyon 90k vs SMU 100K

SMU has advantage with STEM course offerings. I am not sure how would that make a big difference in employability.

Emlyon offers traditional full time European program and SMU COX offers a fast tracked program.
Both without interships

I am targeting SCM/Operation/Strategy role post-mba (my work experience closely aligns with SCM and Operations role)

I am targetting better colleges in R-2 deadline (Jan-5,6) than these, but I have to take decision about these meanwhile.

Any suggestions please?
Founder
Founder
V
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests
Re: SMU COX Vs Emlyon(France)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Dec 2019, 12:55
Congrats. I don't know much personally about both programs but seems different continnents/countries and work permit opportunities. One word of warning for you after Emlyon - do you speak French? I doubt you will be able to find a reasonable job without French language skills.

P.S. Cox is a decent school. Here are some of the latest employment report stats:
Cox:
Graduated: 93
Seeking employment: 85
Reporting salary: 60
Consulting Jobs: 10 - this is quite decent at all for this rank of a program
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 21 Dec 2019, 15:26
bb wrote:
Congrats. I don't know much personally about both programs but seems different continnents/countries and work permit opportunities. One word of warning for you after Emlyon - do you speak French? I doubt you will be able to find a reasonable job without French language skills.

P.S. Cox is a decent school. Here are some of the latest employment report stats:
Cox:
Graduated: 93
Seeking employment: 85
Reporting salary: 60
Consulting Jobs: 10 - this is quite decent at all for this rank of a program

What do you think about this 1-yr program of COX. Would lack of internship hamper chance of employment greatly as compared to 2 yrs?
Founder
Founder
V
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 21 Dec 2019, 16:35
I think if you are not switching/changing and have solid work experience with a brand that can be recognized on the resume, you don't need an internship and you can recruit right away.

If you have international only companies in distant lands nobody heard about, it is tougher as international experience is not valued in the US and often discounted, unless it is a well know brand/company.
Re: SMU COX Vs Emlyon(France)   [#permalink] 21 Dec 2019, 16:35

SMU COX Vs Emlyon(France)

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: billionaire, teleste