GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 13 Dec 2019, 18:45

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

St Gallen MBA Feedback

new topic post reply Update application status  
Current Student
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
Schools: INSEAD Jan '17
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V42
GPA: 4
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
St Gallen MBA Feedback  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Jan 2014, 02:23
Dear All,
I am a 28-year-old Italian Energy Engineer and I plan to apply to St Gallen MBA 1st February deadline.

My profile debrief:
GMAT 720
GPA 4.00
4 y work experience Engineering in Power / Oil&Gas Sector

Is there someone on this forum who can share his experience with St Gallen MBA? In particular the obvious question which goes through my head is the following: I do not speak German (let alone English...) and it is unlikely that I will be more than conversational in German after my graduation, have I any hope to get a job in Switzerland after graduation?

How is the overall recognition/placement of St. Gallen outside German Speaking countries in Europe?

Thank you very much
Intern
Intern
Re: St Gallen MBA Feedback  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Jan 2014, 01:22
buongiorno,

I was also a 28 year old Italian engineer when I applied to St. Gallen MBA.
I believe it is a great program and I do recommend it to my friends.

I agree with you that you will not be fluent in German in one year but I can reassure you that German is not a problem at all in Switzerland for MBA level jobs, unless you want to work as a local consultant or in private wealth management for Swiss. Basically none of the students speak German and the large majority finds good jobs here in Switzerland.

St. Gallen as a school has a very good reputation all over the world, however the MBA is still young and not well known (even in Swizterland).

I hope this helps you make your choice!

saluti,
massimo
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 18 Jan 2016, 10:39
massimo wrote:
buongiorno,

I agree with you that you will not be fluent in German in one year but I can reassure you that German is not a problem at all in Switzerland for MBA level jobs, unless you want to work as a local consultant or in private wealth management for Swiss. Basically none of the students speak German and the large majority finds good jobs here in Switzerland.

St. Gallen as a school has a very good reputation all over the world, however the MBA is still young and not well known (even in Swizterland).

saluti,
massimo

Hello Massimo,

I´m really interested in St Gallen for an MBA in the next years, but as far as I´m not sure what to do after the MBA (stay in my company or change to consulting) it would be very helpfull if you can tell me a little bit what happened to the people of your year: salary pre and post mba, change of industry... whatever!

Thank you in advance.
Alvaro
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 19 Jan 2016, 00:45
alvarodela wrote:
massimo wrote:
buongiorno,

saluti,
massimo

Hello Alvaro,

well, our class was the 2008 one, it was a different world as we graduated just in time before the global crisis.
So our class had few problems in finding jobs and most of us doubles our net salaries (also because in Switzerland post MBA salaries are relatively high and taxes are low).

Overall, it's a great place to be and a very valuable experience in St. Gallen!

all the best for 2016,
massimo

Hello Massimo,

I´m really interested in St Gallen for an MBA in the next years, but as far as I´m not sure what to do after the MBA (stay in my company or change to consulting) it would be very helpfull if you can tell me a little bit what happened to the people of your year: salary pre and post mba, change of industry... whatever!

Thank you in advance.
Alvaro
GMAT Club Bot
Re: St Gallen MBA Feedback   [#permalink] 19 Jan 2016, 00:45

St Gallen MBA Feedback

new topic post reply Update application status