SORT BY
Most helpful
SORT BY Interview date
Recent interviewed
SORT BY Post date
Recent posted
Debrief posted on  Mar 19 2019 [#permalink] Stanford GSB, Stanford MSx
Skype Interviewed on: Mar 18 2019 Final Decision: Interviewed

"Hello all, just had my interview. The interviewer was lovely, very conversational and informal. Also very transparent. Now we wait until March 28 - seems like forever. Also one thing we discussed was the brand of MSx vs an MBA and I am a bit concerned about this. Not sure what you guys feel. I only spent 3 weeks (consulting doesn't allow for much) for my test prep and just applied to HBS, MIT and Stanford. I really should have done more research on the MIT programme. As someone already pointed out, their Sloan Fellows programme actually confers an MBA degree - I think that's a huge plus. But I didn't apply to their Sloan Fellows programme and regretting this now. Having said that - Stanford is more of a fit for me in terms of personality, career aspirations and the general ethos of the school. They said they are not thinking about branding the MSx as an MBA anytime soon.... So anyone coming in needs to be well aware of this."

Londoner2019 from United Kingdom
0 out of 0 people found this Debrief helpful.

Was this Debrief helpful for you?

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Dec 02 2018 [#permalink] Stanford GSB, Stanford MSx
Skype Interviewed on: Nov 15 2018 Final Decision: Admitted

"Interview debrief fro Stanford MSx I thought I should share some tips for those who will soon have their interviews: This interview was a lot more straightforward than I had expected. The interviewer knew everything about my application, had a list of questions prepared beforehand, and tried to cover all of them within 30 minutes. I got around 14 questions covering past experience, post-graduation goals, what I want to get out of Stanford, etc. She also asked some tough questions about my firm and its strategic direction. What was very clear to me during the interview was that they cared a lot about what you want to do after graduation and how Stanford MSx would help you."

Msx20 from Singapore GMAT 720;

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Dec 02 2018 [#permalink] Stanford GSB, Stanford MSx
Skype Interviewed on: Nov 15 2018 Final Decision: Admitted

"Interview debrief for Stanford MSx To add, the interviewer in my case took specific areas in my statement and asked me to describe in detail the insights I gained. The interviewer also asked me to put myself in the shoes of senior management in my organization, and what I would do in that situation. I also prepared in advance three questions to ask about the program; the interviewer would usually end off by inviting you to ask questions- it is helpful to have some on hand!"

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Jan 30 2018 [#permalink] Stanford GSB
Off Campus with Alumni Interviewed on: Feb 09 2015 Final Decision: Matriculating

"I had my interview yesterday and it was one of the better interviews I've had so far. I'm sharing my experience here and will be keeping it brief, however, if you have any queries I'm available on PM to assist. My interview was initially scheduled earlier last week, and then after being re-scheduled a couple of times finally took place yesterday. It was with an alumnus from Mumbai in a coffee shop and lasted for about 1 hour and 30 minutes. Following are some of the questions I can recall 1.Can you explain what you do in your daily work? (Resume walk-through) 2.What would your subordinates say is your leadership style? 3. How do you show leadership at work? Is Leadership and Management the same? (Behavior analysis.. I aced this one I bet..) 4. As part of company X, tell me a time when you were part of a team that did not perform well, how did you contribute... 5.How do you work with people from different cultures? 6. What do your co-workers say is your weakness? 7.How have you overcome this weakness? 8. Why would you choose our school’s MBA program? etc. etc. My interviewer was from a somewhat similar background to mine but had much less upstream experience and more downstream and mid-stream experience.. So once the grilling was done he was genuinely interested to learn much more about upstream services and hydraulic fracturing(my domain of expertise).. we spoke about lot of things from energy sufficiency for india and how i envision the future of shale oil/gas and EOR etc. etc... All in all a pretty good one, wrapped up with him asking me to catch up for another informal meeting sometime soon and that I was headed down the right track in going to Stanford, told me about the energy research institute at Stanford and how i can leverage my functional knowledge too along with business skills gained through an MBA."

devilbart from India GMAT 790; Energy and Utilities

yes
no