SORT BY
Most helpful
SORT BY Interview date
Recent interviewed
SORT BY Post date
Recent posted
Debrief posted on  Dec 07 2019 [#permalink] Stern, Full Time MBA
On Campus Interviewed on: Dec 03 2019 Final Decision: Admitted

"Q1) about current role- what do I do, why I recently shifted- I kind of did not answer the why I shifted, just went off the flow Q2) leadership style Q3) which role do I regret doing Q4) which role I enjoyed doing the most Q5) a time when I had a problematic colleague Q6) what in leadership you want to achieve from stern Q7) post MBA goal Q8) backup plan Q9) why stern Q10) any questions for me Interview lasted 30 minutes. Some questions were on the spot that I really wasnt ready for. The interviewer asked me where all I am going after my trip to NY. Pretty relaxed otherwise. It was conducted by adcoms."

0 out of 0 people found this Debrief helpful.

Was this Debrief helpful for you?

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Dec 13 2019 [#permalink] Stern, Full Time MBA
Off Campus with Adcom Interviewed on: Nov 19 2019 Final Decision: Admitted

"This interview was 100% not relaxing haha. I did it in China, and basically, it was very free-flow. The AO knew all of my details and was willing to challenge me on almost everything and basically did. I finished the interview, thinking I had bombed all my chances for Stern. My advice---know yourself, know the school and curriculum very well, be ready for tough questions."

This user wants to stay Private

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Mar 20 2019 [#permalink] Stern, Full Time MBA
Off Campus with Adcom Interviewed on: Mar 03 2019 Final Decision: Admitted

"Interviewed in London with a member of the AdCom. It was fairly chill though she tried to stick pretty closely to the allotted time, restricting her period asking questions to around 25 ish mins. She asked: 1. Why now 2. Why NYU 3. What firms are you looking at (for consulting roles - being my stated post-graduation goal) 4. How do you think you'll manage the recruiting process 5. What's your role on a team 6. Are you directly responsible for anyone / do you have any direct reports 7. What's your managerial style I was pretty worried before-hand as I'd only managed about 2.5 hours sleep the night before due to a manic period at work but thankfully there was a really good vibe. I got the admit decision just under two weeks after the interview."

rNadOm from United Kingdom GMAT 740; WE: 60 months; Law

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Mar 11 2019 [#permalink] Stern, Full Time MBA
On Campus Interviewed on: Feb 26 2019 Final Decision: Admitted

"My interview was with a trained admissions professional. It was a pretty smooth conversation with no curveballs at all. They're honestly just trying to gauge what kind of person you are, whether you know what you want out of business school, and what you will bring to the table at Stern.The questions I got (off the top of my head) were: 1. Tell me about your current job? 2. Why MBA? 3. Why Stern? 4. Why now? 5. What would your clients say about you (I am in consulting, so this was catered to my profile)? 6. What would you do for fun in NYC? There were some more questions, but they were just follow-up questions based on my responses/profile. I wouldn't go head over heels to prepare, since these are questions you ideally should have thought about while writing your application. The one major piece of feedback I have is to really make a a clear transition from your current experience to where you want to go ideally. This will require some thought for people making complete career switches. For me, I am a career switcher and alluded to soft skills and passions that made me a viable candidate for my post-mba goals. I was admitted under 2 weeks after my interview."

This user wants to stay Private from United States GMAT 720; WE: 60 months; Consulting

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Mar 07 2019 [#permalink] Stern, Full Time MBA
On Campus Interviewed on: Feb 23 2019 Final Decision: Admitted

"I interviewed during Stern Perspectives Weekend. On the actual day of the interview, I was greeted with a folder with information on the groups I had mentioned in my application, and at the end of the day, I received the t-shirt. They interview a lot of applicants that weekend, so my interview was with an alumna, on campus. I had a great experience, no curveballs, she seemed genuinely interested in learning more about me, my goals and how Stern fit in my plans. The whole conversation lasted about 30 minutes, but it flew by! I really enjoyed Stern Perspectives Weekend, and highly recommend to everyone invited to interview that weekend to attend, it was a lot of fun and it made the whole experience a lot easier! I was admitted a little less than 2 weeks later"

This user wants to stay Private from United States GMAT 740; WE: 48 months;

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Mar 04 2019 [#permalink] Stern, Full Time MBA
On Campus Interviewed on: Jan 24 2019 Final Decision: Admitted

"I traveled all the way to NYC for my interview. They gave me a Stern t-shirt and a pen to begin with, which was a pleasant surprise. The initial conversation was mostly small talk about the brutal weather in the city at that time, and my flight. As I grew more comfortable she started asking me questions about my resume. This wasn't a blind interview so she already knew my story and my goals. So the questions were mostly aimed at checking the fit to the school- how I would spend my time at Stern, what clubs I would take part in, how I would present myself to the recruiting firms, what would my backup plan be, etc. Of the 4 schools that I interviewed for, NYU Stern was the most conversational. It was pretty chill and 30 minutes flew by. I asked a couple of questions in the end and that was it. Got my acceptance call exactly 15 days later."

This user wants to stay Private from India GMAT 760; WE: 30 months; Consulting

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Dec 20 2018 [#permalink] Stern, Full Time MBA
Skype Interviewed on: Dec 13 2018 Final Decision: Admitted

"Very chilled and conversational! We talked a lot about my staying in NYC, the cold weather and stuff like that to break the ice.. Then she asked a few standard questions about my short and long term goals, where did I see myself working after the MBA and why, what activities I was planning on getting involved with when at Stern.. And then at the end she told me to dont expect an answer until after the holidays! Guess I got lucky that way.. :) Overall she made me feel very comfortable and calm, made it a lot easier"

Assef from Brazil GMAT 720;

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Jun 14 2018 [#permalink] Stern
Off Campus with Adcom Interviewed on: Mar 10 2018 Final Decision: Admitted

"The interviewer (Associate Director of Admissions) started off with normal talk: how are you, where are you from, what do you love about this city etc.? Then he asked me about my interests and hobbies (weird I know that he started with extra-curriculars, but I guess it descended from my answer to what I love about the city). We discussed at lengths about my interests and what drives them. The interviewer had prepared few questions from my resume. So, he asked questions about my job profile and things he was interested in knowing. He was digging very deep and there were follow up questions for each answer. Basically, he was trying to gauge what I do at work and how? Then he asked why do you need an MBA? Why Stern? And finally, any questions for the interviewer. I did not face a single behavioral question, which seemed odd to me. But yes, the entire interview was very relaxed and conversational. The interviewer was genuinely interested in knowing me better. The interview lasted a little more than 30 minutes. Please note that I had an off-campus interview in India. If you are interviewing in NY, your interview might be a bit different depending on who your interviewer is. So, read other Clear Admit debriefs and prepare accordingly. All the very best :)"

digitsnletters from India GMAT 770; WE: 60 months; Energy and Utilities

yes
no