Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 17:58 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 17:58

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 96
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
WE:Analyst (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
Concentration: Marketing, International Business
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 23
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
WE:Analyst (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Re: Stern (NYU) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
AtaQuye wrote:
saurabhpankaj wrote:
Quick question for those who have interviewed: Does Stern require a sealed official transcript or an un-sealed one will do? I have an un-sealed version of it & was wondering if its going to be an issue!

I can't speak for all schools, but my transcripts weren't considered official by my undergraduate institution unless they were sealed. Thus, I submitted sealed docs -- hope that helps....

Thanks, that helps. I just re-read the transcripts requirement section on Stern website & it clearly mentions that they do require a sealed one.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Given Kudos: 46
Concentration: Nonprofit, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
Send PM
old1442 wrote:
burgundy2015 wrote:
just got my acceptance packet! in w/ scholarship $$$$!!!

does this mean stern for you burgundy? where are you leaning?

I have a few more schools to hear back from and am waiting on the Consortium draft (monday) for $$ info, too, but..... I kinda feel like I have an offer I can't refuse. :-D
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 770 Q49 V47
GPA: 3.11
WE:Engineering (Internet and New Media)
Send PM
So I had my interview a couple days ago, and while it wasn't *bad*, it didn't give me the same warm and fuzzy feeling that most other Stern interviewees seem to have reported, which obviously makes me nervous. It was pretty short (25 minutes), and while the tone was friendly enough, I didn't really get some of the same positive feedback that I had gotten in interviews with other schools (not that I got any negative feedback or anything like that). I think I answered the questions fine, and hit the 4 or 5 notes that I wanted to hit going in, but I was kinda nervous and definitely tripped over my words a couple of times. My main takeaway from the day was that Stern is a perfect fit or me and is definitely my #1 choice, so I'm wondering if anyone else who interviewed there can relate to my experience? It seems that the vast majority of people on this thread who interviewed end up getting admitted, so I'm hoping I'm just being neurotic, and will get good news in the next 2-3 weeks.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Concentration: Marketing, International Business
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
dimmsdale wrote:
So I had my interview a couple days ago, and while it wasn't *bad*, it didn't give me the same warm and fuzzy feeling that most other Stern interviewees seem to have reported, which obviously makes me nervous. It was pretty short (25 minutes), and while the tone was friendly enough, I didn't really get some of the same positive feedback that I had gotten in interviews with other schools (not that I got any negative feedback or anything like that). I think I answered the questions fine, and hit the 4 or 5 notes that I wanted to hit going in, but I was kinda nervous and definitely tripped over my words a couple of times. My main takeaway from the day was that Stern is a perfect fit or me and is definitely my #1 choice, so I'm wondering if anyone else who interviewed there can relate to my experience? It seems that the vast majority of people on this thread who interviewed end up getting admitted, so I'm hoping I'm just being neurotic, and will get good news in the next 2-3 weeks.

I wouldn't get too worried. My interview was pretty concise too, and I can tell you I was fairly nervous as well and certainly stumbled on a word or two throughout the course of the interview. Nonetheless, I went in energetic, positive, and armed with a flurry of very-school specific Qs, so I imagine if you did those things, then you've given yourself the best chance possible.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 740 Q47 V45
WE:Marketing (Consumer Electronics)
Send PM
dimmsdale wrote:

I had a very similar experience. He didn't ask me any of the standard questions (why MBA, why Stern) so I was thrown off right away, but I think I made all the points I'd wanted to. I'm trying to take it as a good sign that I was clear enough in my essays about my intentions and he just wanted to get to know more about me. I hope I'm right! Interviewed on 2/28 and waiting for that email...
Good luck!
Intern
Intern
GPA: 2.98
WE:Underwriter (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
dimmsdale wrote:

I felt the same way about my interview. The interviewer had definitely read over my essays and asked very pointed questions about them. They were friendly and consise but I was very nervous as well. Stern was my first choice after all! I got the feeling that they wanted to make sure we are who we said we were in the essays. I interviewed during Perspectives Weekend and hope to hear back soon. Good luck to you and everyone waiting.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 770 Q49 V47
GPA: 3.11
WE:Engineering (Internet and New Media)
Send PM
Thanks guys, that makes me feel a little better, although I won't feel 100% better until I hear back obviously. Good luck!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
Stern people: who is interviewing you? Is it the adcom or students?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 96
Send PM
hern007 wrote:

adcom. stern is one of few top schools that do it that way (hbs, mit, and a few others)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Given Kudos: 46
Concentration: Nonprofit, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
Send PM
old1442 wrote:
hern007 wrote:

adcom. stern is one of few top schools that do it that way (hbs, mit, and a few others)

Yes I believe interviews are 100% adcom
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 50 [0]
Given Kudos: 37
Concentration: General Management, Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.25
Send PM
burgundy2015 wrote:
old1442 wrote:
hern007 wrote:

That's not completely accurate. They are mostly adcom but sometimes they use alums and other Stern staff members that have adcom experience.
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [0]
Given Kudos: 347
Send PM
Expert Reply
urarunner2 wrote:
burgundy2015 wrote:
old1442 wrote:

That's not completely accurate. They are mostly adcom but sometimes they use alums and other Stern staff members that have adcom experience.

Bottom line: definitely not a current student.

Your interviewer will be someone related to admissions in some respect (usually staff, occasionally alums who worked closely with admissions..probably for off campus/remote locations, etc) who has read your app.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
GMAT 1: 660 Q39 V41
GMAT 2: 730 Q45 V44
Send PM
aerien wrote:
urarunner2 wrote:
burgundy2015 wrote:

Bottom line: definitely not a current student.

Your interviewer will be someone related to admissions in some respect (usually staff, occasionally alums who worked closely with admissions..probably for off campus/remote locations, etc) who has read your app.

Want to throw in my 2 cents. I was interviewed by an alum with a similar career of the one I am interested in pursuing. He was very knowledgeable about my application and asked very specific questions.

In response to some of the messages above, I want to let you all know that I also felt some concerns about my interview. I made the points that I wanted to make, and generally spoke confidently, but, of course, there's always something we think of afterwards that we wish we would have said.

It all turned out for the best; though. I was just accepted this past Friday! If anyone has questions, feel free to ask, I want to be as helpful as this forum has been to me.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 48 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 710 Q43 V45
GMAT 2: 700 Q42 V42
GMAT 3: 760 Q48 V48
GPA: 3.51
WE:Marketing (Consulting)
Send PM
Man still no word on even an interview for me. Did get an email asking for clarification on work experience though, so probably a good sign that they're bothering to ask. I'm going to need a serious drink-filled vacation at the end of the whole admissions process!
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [0]
Given Kudos: 347
Send PM
Expert Reply
chains1910 wrote:
Man still no word on even an interview for me. Did get an email asking for clarification on work experience though, so probably a good sign that they're bothering to ask. I'm going to need a serious drink-filled vacation at the end of the whole admissions process!

Definitely a good sign!! Good luck and don't give up until the fat lady sings...by April 1..
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 25
Concentration: Finance, Real Estate
GMAT 1: 680 Q42 V43
GPA: 3.3
WE:Sales (Real Estate)
Send PM
Dinged without interview :(
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
Send PM
afdelag wrote:
Dinged without interview :(

When did you get the email, I am still waiting to hear back.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  24   25   26   27   28   29   30  ...  40   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts