Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 04:11 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 04:11

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.38
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 45
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V32
GPA: 3.9
WE:Accounting (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 45
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V32
GPA: 3.9
WE:Accounting (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Re: Stockholm School of Economics (SSE) 2014 intake [#permalink]
mirri wrote:
Got the offer for SSE CF/IM 5 minutes ago! :-D

congrats mirri, I have applied for the same program too, if you don't mind, would you please share your GMAT score?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
Send PM
ayaz657 wrote:
mirri wrote:
Got the offer for SSE CF/IM 5 minutes ago! :-D

congrats mirri, I have applied for the same program too, if you don't mind, would you please share your GMAT score?

I believe I posted it earlier in the thread haha. I scored a 760 on the GMAT - Q49 V44.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
ayaz657 wrote:
beelonzz wrote:
Hey guys, I just found out this thread. I applied to SSE (MSc in Corp Fin & IM) and today I received an email with an offer for a place in the program! Gonna take it :D

congrats beelonzz on your offer )

what was your GMAT score?

Thanks. I scored 730.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Congratulations guys. Do stick around to give us a quick update on your impressions of the school next year for us still a ways away from our masters. ;).

I get an impression the median GMAT of most continental European programs is going to be a 10-20 points higher when I apply :roll:.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 223 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 710 Q45 V41
Send PM
Congrats, SSE is a great school
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi all!

I´m highly interested in the Msc Management programme at SSE but I´m quite unsure whether or not my academic background is suitable for the programmes at SSE. I´m about to commence the final year of my studies in Business and Management at a relatively unknown institution in the UK (Oxford Brookes), and since this programme isnt ”Business Administration” per se (although alot of management modules), I´m very anxious to know if this degree is suitable or not for Msc Management in general terms. Other than that I´m aware of the GMAT , GRE and GPA requirements and will aim to satisfy the requirements on those factors.

BTW, as someone scoring low on gmat quant, will I have time to continually study and improve this section until the January deadline (if starting now) you think?

Thank you in advance!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Hey guys,

do you know how strict SSE is with the requirement of 15 ECTS in finance? And how do they know if the content of a course is enough finance related if it doesn't specifically state "fiance..." in the course title on the transcript?
Because in one of my specializations we worked on a project and got into the role of a real analyst but the title is completely different. I am just wondering if it's possible that they reject you because it's not obvious that you fulfill the requirement of 15 ects in Finance.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Stockholm School of Economics (SSE) 2014 intake [#permalink]
If you are very concerned, you could explain the analyst-thing in your cover resume. IMO, if you nail the GMAT and so on they will accept you. You should mention that you have read 1-2 finance-related books (corporate finance; investments) just to be on the absolutely safe side.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi,
i am a Indian student, currently pursuing Bachelors of architecture,I am also Pursuing BBA(Bachelors in business administration)(120 credits) in part-time mode I intend to apply for SSE's Masters program do you guys think i fulfill the admission criteria for this course? considering i have 120 credits in business administration but in part time mode.
Thank you !!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
How are the employment scenario at the school?I applied to MIT and LBS.I am hoping to apply to SSE for finance degree.I plan to return to india to work.How is the the degree valued?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hello,

I am applying for the Msc in Finance and International Business at SSE with latest application date January 15th.
I am really confused regarding the GMAT. Is it possible for me to take the GMAT, say, 9th of January? In other words when is the deadline to write GMAT in order for my application to be viewed favorably.

Would be really grateful for an answer as I haven't been able to find one yet :)
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
Send PM
I did mine on the 10th of jan and it reached them on time. I believe you need to upload the preliminary results by the 15th. And since you get the GMAT results immediately, you should have no issues with submitting your application by the 15th. If you have any doubt, just email them. They are really nice people :)

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I have just applied for early admission 2015!
I have seen you received admission result in March, two months after deadline: were last year deadlines the same as this year's ones (15th November and 15th January)?
Can you tell me how to know the application status? I have beent sent an automatic email saying that my application has been submitted, but I don't know where to check if they have accepted or rejected me!
Moreover, I hope to have included everything in my application, do you know if they will write me something like "ok, that's everything we need to evaluate your profile"?

Thank you very much!!
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3 
Moderator:
Senior Moderator - Masters Forum
3137 posts