Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 20:19 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 20:19

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 160 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3
WE:Corporate Finance (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 425 [0]
Given Kudos: 32
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 171 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: Struggling w/ Performance - NEED HELP!! [#permalink]
abhinav11 wrote:
I am facing exactly the same problem though I havent given so Many CATs just gave free kaplan and scored 520 at the start of prep...and hopefully I ll do better whenever I give now...

But my SC doesnt go rite at all . I reach to last two options but to chose the right one i always fail :(

My gmat is on jan 25 please help I am aiming anything above 700.

Regards,
Abhinav

So I think a good way to improve your SC skill is to start writing English properly (please see the words in red boldface) :) . The little details that can be considered trivial can make a (big) difference!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
windofchange wrote:
abhinav11 wrote:
I am facing exactly the same problem though I havent given so Many CATs just gave free kaplan and scored 520 at the start of prep...and hopefully I ll do better whenever I give now...

But my SC doesnt go rite at all . I reach to last two options but to chose the right one i always fail :(

My gmat is on jan 25 please help I am aiming anything above 700.

Regards,
Abhinav

So I think a good way to improve your SC skill is to start writing English properly (please see the words in red boldface) :) . The little details that can be considered trivial can make a (big) difference!

haha thank you so much , i will definitely use this practice from now onwards...

any other study material you suggest for SC and CR?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
abhinav11 wrote:

haha thank you so much , i will definitely use this practice from now onwards...

any other study material you suggest for SC and CR?

Well, just the common books that you might have already read: MGMAT SC and PowerScore CR bible.
I am using OG13 for practice, but I think it's not enough if we want to score over 700. I also use the GMATPrep Pack 1 and my accuracy level in SC section is about 90%. My weakness is CR; no matter how hard I try, I only got about 50-60% correct :( Too bad!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
@Abhinav11
As already mentioned MGMAT SC is a must. And I will strongly recommend E-GMATs SC course. I took one and it helped me a lot to improve my SC (will get to know for sure after i write my GMAT on 30Jan'12) i am not able to comment about the other courses by E-GMAT as i did not ake them.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
ashomech wrote:
@Abhinav11
As already mentioned MGMAT SC is a must. And I will strongly recommend E-GMATs SC course. I took one and it helped me a lot to improve my SC (will get to know for sure after i write my GMAT on 30Jan'12) i am not able to comment about the other courses by E-GMAT as i did not ake them.

What All CATs you are giving at this point of time ???
Kaplan , Manhattan , Gmat Prep ?????
I will be booking my GMAT d day in last week of Jan..

Regards,
Abhinav
Intern
Intern
Send PM
abhinav11 wrote:
What All CATs you are giving at this point of time ???
Kaplan , Manhattan , Gmat Prep ?????
I will be booking my GMAT d day in last week of Jan..
Regards,
Abhinav

I have taken 4 of MGMAT CATs, 1 Kaplan (free CAT) and 3 GMAT Prep tests. But, in GMATPrepp tests i started getting few repeat questions.
1 MGMAT and 3 GMATPrepps were taken in the last 3 weeks. Where as the first 3 MGMAT CATs and a Kaplan CAT were spread over the past 4 months.

Started with MGMAT 530 (Q43, V20) in the first week of August. And now my scores were hovering around 650(Q45, V34). Did see a 700 (Q47, V35) yesterday on GMAT Prepp. But, I saw a lot of repeat questions. Hence, i will take that score with a BIG pinch of salt :lol:
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 160 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3
WE:Corporate Finance (Investment Banking)
Send PM
How much improvement is seen from just doing practice questions?

I feel as if I have the concepts/theories down and just need to practice them to recognize patterns, etc.

Would completing about 2000-3000 practice q's in a month help?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
GMATBeast wrote:
How much improvement is seen from just doing practice questions?

I feel as if I have the concepts/theories down and just need to practice them to recognize patterns, etc.

Would completing about 2000-3000 practice q's in a month help?

Time and again its mentioned all over this forum. Quality prevails over quantity. I have read stories of 700+ GMAT score with just using OG and GMATPrepp. And i learnt it myself as well (in a hard way).
solving 50 questions and reviewing them thoroughly to know why you did that right/ wrong is wiser than solving 100 questions and not reviewing them or reviewing them just for the sake of reviewing (without a serious effort). I did that mistake. I never reviewed my OG13 Verbal answers properly and i paid for it dearly. :(
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Founder
37300 posts