GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 14 Dec 2019, 09:15

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Suggestion About Retaking: 720

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
Suggestion About Retaking: 720  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Feb 2019, 12:43
Hi,

I posted this in the GMAT general discussion forum and was pointed to post this here as well in order to get some thoughts from an admissions expert:

I applied R2 to HBS and was rejected with no interview. I am going to reapply R1 next year, but I was wondering if anyone thinks it is necessary to retake the GMAT. I will be working over the summer, but I do not mind carving out some study time to boost my score if it is necessary. I am currently a 1L at HLS, so I'm really only willing to apply to the JD/MBA at Harvard for this reason. My GMAT score is a 720 *41V/47Q; 8IR, 5AW). Any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks
Avanti Prep Admissions Consultant
S
Suggestion About Retaking: 720  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Feb 2019, 14:57
Hi AccountsPlay174,

Thank you for your note, and sorry to hear about the ding.

Would you be able to share more about your background (professional and otherwise)? It's fairly difficult to interpret the GMAT score and provide a recommendation in a vacuum (i.e., if you are from an overrepresented group and don't have much in the way of compelling work or leadership experience, then it probably makes sense to try to boost a 720 because you are below the median in Q, V, and overall).

But there's way more to the whole thing than the GMAT, of course. I'd be happy to share my more comprehensive / nuanced thoughts if you would like to sign up for a Free Consultation. Please feel free to do so via the link below!

https://www.avantiprep.com/free-consultation.html

Best Regards,
Greg

To better understand how I work with clients and what they've historically felt were the major benefits of partnering, I encourage you to read through my Client Testimonials, all of which are independently verified by GMAT Club. I believe you'll find the reviews to be among the most transparent and detailed out there, and I believe you'll observe a unique level of time, depth, quality, commitment, attention to detail, and personal care. For serious inquiries, I am happy to connect you with former clients so you can hear about their experiences.
Intern
Intern
B
Re: Suggestion About Retaking: 720  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Feb 2019, 15:15
Certainly! I am currently a 1L at HLS, and I will be working at a law firm this summer. Prior to law school, I was a CPA at a Fortune 500 company doing corporate forecasting and cost analysis (about two years). I graduated from undergrad with a 3.9 in accounting, finance, and economics. I have a master in accounting (with a focus on tax) with a 4.0. I also am involved with quite a few organizations at HLS and work in the Econ department as a teaching fellow. I've owned a small tutoring business since 2016 (so 3 years total), and I still manage the company while in school. While working before law school, I was pretty active in the community by teaching at a community college and was on the board of a 501(c)(3). I hope this helps!
Avanti Prep Admissions Consultant
S
Re: Suggestion About Retaking: 720  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Feb 2019, 10:41
Thank you, AccountsPlay174. I appreciate the additional context and look forward to chatting!

To better understand how I work with clients and what they've historically felt were the major benefits of partnering, I encourage you to read through my Client Testimonials, all of which are independently verified by GMAT Club. I believe you'll find the reviews to be among the most transparent and detailed out there, and I believe you'll observe a unique level of time, depth, quality, commitment, attention to detail, and personal care. For serious inquiries, I am happy to connect you with former clients so you can hear about their experiences.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Suggestion About Retaking: 720   [#permalink] 27 Feb 2019, 10:41

Suggestion About Retaking: 720

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: AvantiPrep