Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 23:42 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 23:42

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1988 [0]
Given Kudos: 751
GPA: 3.64
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 339 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V40
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Take GMAT in 11 days or reschedule? [#permalink]
Thanks for the advice. I agree and think 9/15 is too soon. I rescheduled for 11/10.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 4556 [0]
Given Kudos: 128
Send PM
Hi hockey408,

Yeah, I would also reschedule. You can spend the money saved on extra exam packs.

I think you have to focus on quant. It is difficult to get 700+ without decent quant score
Attachments

gmatscore.gif
gmatscore.gif [ 68.88 KiB | Viewed 1342 times ]

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 211 [0]
Given Kudos: 32
Concentration: Finance, Marketing
Schools: CUHK '21 (II)
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V30
GPA: 4
Send PM
@
hockey408 wrote:
Hey all,

I'm scheduled to take the GMAT for the first time on 9/15. I've put in about 150 hours and recently got a 600 (Q38, V34) on my mock exam this past Saturday. My stretch goal is a 740, but would be okay with a 700. Do you guys have any thoughts on whether I should reschedule the exam? Realistically, I can put in another ~50 hours before test day, focusing on improving my verbal score.

I'm thinking it may be good to just take it and see how I do, and intend to retake it (possibly twice) in Oct/Nov. Plus, I've heard you generally perform better on your 2nd/3rd attempt, so why not give it a go? I can sense I'm approaching burnout and would like to complete my first attempt soon. Also,I need to have a score for round 2 deadlines in late Dec/early Jan.

Thanks!

Hi,
When you say mock exam , it is gmat prep exams or some other mocks ? please clarify,
Though it seems 100 point jump is too big leap in 11 days, it all depends upon you. If you think you can improve some areas in quant then go for it.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Take GMAT in 11 days or reschedule? [#permalink]
I took a Kaplan practice test.

Is it really quant where I should be focusing? I thought doing better in verbal drives your score up more than doing better in quant.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 733 [0]
Given Kudos: 362
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V44
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
hockey408 wrote:
Hey all,

I'm scheduled to take the GMAT for the first time on 9/15. I've put in about 150 hours and recently got a 600 (Q38, V34) on my mock exam this past Saturday. My stretch goal is a 740, but would be okay with a 700. Do you guys have any thoughts on whether I should reschedule the exam? Realistically, I can put in another ~50 hours before test day, focusing on improving my verbal score.

I'm thinking it may be good to just take it and see how I do, and intend to retake it (possibly twice) in Oct/Nov. Plus, I've heard you generally perform better on your 2nd/3rd attempt, so why not give it a go? I can sense I'm approaching burnout and would like to complete my first attempt soon. Also,I need to have a score for round 2 deadlines in late Dec/early Jan.

Thanks!

If you can spare the money you might aswell give it a go and cancel the score afterwards if it is far of your target.

Incase you do not want to risk wasting the 300$ I would recommend to reschedule the test.

Either way, best of luck my friend!

Regards,
Chris
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11664 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi hockey408,

This 600 is a nice improvement over the CAT Score you reported a little over a month ago - so you're clearly learning and improving. That having been said, raising a 600 to a 700+ will likely require at least another 2 months of consistent, guided study - and you'll have to make significant improvements to how you handle BOTH the Quant and Verbal sections. Pushing back your Test Date was a smart choice. If you send me your Mistake Tracker for this recent CAT, then I'll be happy to analyze it for you.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 4653 [0]
Given Kudos: 629
GMAT Focus 1:
715 Q83 V90 DI83
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V169
Send PM
Expert Reply
hockey408 wrote:
I took a Kaplan practice test.

Is it really quant where I should be focusing? I thought doing better in verbal drives your score up more than doing better in quant.
Although a GMATPrep would be better than a non-official test, a Q38 is 33%, whereas a V34 is 71%. It does look like you need to work on your quant more than your verbal.
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22042 [0]
Given Kudos: 283
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi hockey408,

I’m glad you reached out, and I’m happy to help. So, I agree with much of what already has been said; raising your score 100+ points in just 11 days likely won't be possible. Thus, I’d reschedule the GMAT.

That being said, the larger question is why are you 100+ points below your score goal after studying for 150 hours, right? If you find that you still are not making the improvements you need, you may consider adjusting your study plan. If you need any advice on how to do so, feel free to reach out.

Also, you may find it helpful to read this article about
how to score a 700+ on the GMAT.
GMAT Club Bot