Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 21:21 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 21:21

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72872 [1]
Given Kudos: 18859
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 164 [1]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: Finance
Schools:NUS, NTU, SMU, AGSM, Melbourne School of Business
 Q39  V28
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72872 [0]
Send PM
Re: Taking GMAT in 1.5 weeks and just took OG diagnostic test [#permalink]
Expert Reply
I know you just took the test over the weekend, so hate to say this, but it would really be much better if you could take GMATPrep (Download GMATPrep) - it is a free test by GMAC that can evaluate your current position the best.

(The OG test is not as good since it is not timed and not adaptive). However, your scores look good - you may be at a good level already. If you can take a GMATPrep and post your score, would be happy to get you all the answers :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Yup, I'm planning to take a practice exam on GMAT Prep either today (Monday) or tomorrow. Crossing my fingers that I get a reasonable score, otherwise I may scrap the whole b-school plan altogether and just look for another job.
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
By the way, fully support your decision about bschool! Go for it, but carefully ;)

Not considering R2?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I am but I want to apply to a couple upper-middle tier schools for Round 1. My results from those schools will guide my decision to apply during Round 2 -- if I get into those schools then I will try for top tier in Round 2, if not then I will either forget about it or apply for a lower tier school and then try to find another job so I will have options come Fall 2010.
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
iheartiheartmath wrote:
I am but I want to apply to a couple upper-middle tier schools for Round 1. My results from those schools will guide my decision to apply during Round 2 -- if I get into those schools then I will try for top tier in Round 2, if not then I will either forget about it or apply for a lower tier school and then try to find another job so I will have options come Fall 2010.

Interesting strategy.
Just fyi - Your deposit for R1 will be due before you will find out R2 results. The dates are specifically arrange so that you would not have an advantage

any-difference-between-applying-in-r1-vs-r2-81651.html.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
BB--thanks for the advice, I think I've pretty much decided that I'm going to hold off for an extra few weeks and apply Round 2 everywhere instead. BTW, I took the first GMATPrep practice exam today and came up with the following scores, any feedback or critiques are welcome:

Overall Score: 760
Quant: 48 (got 24/37 right but also missed 7 out of last 8 because I ran out of time and had to click random answers)
Verbal: 47 (38/41 right)

Breakdown:
Problem Solving -- 14/20 right, which includes the 3 wrong in the last group that I guessed on
Data Sufficiency -- 10/17 right, which includes the 4 wrong in the last group that I guessed on

Reading Comprehension -- 12/13 right
Critical Reasoning -- 12/12 right
Sentence Correction -- 14/16 right

Looks like my biggest weakness right now is just working through the math problems quickly. Any tips on how to improve my speed?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I'm somewhat skeptical that I could've missed so many quant questions and still gotten such a high score, so while I'm happy with the result I'm not entirely comfortable with it. I would at least like to get to the point where I am able to finish the entire quant section without guessing and not have to rely on a high verbal score to make up the difference.
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
It's pretty accurate. The number of questions answered correctly is not correlated to the GMAT score nit rather the number of hard questions answered correctly.

There is no harm in waiting. Get the math up. You have 48 - I hope you realize that 51 is the max, so your "low" quant score is not that terrible. Not much to improve.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
So what happened? Did you actually take it? What was the final score?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Schools:UCLA, INSEAD
Send PM
iheartiheartmath wrote:
BB--thanks for the advice, I think I've pretty much decided that I'm going to hold off for an extra few weeks and apply Round 2 everywhere instead. BTW, I took the first GMATPrep practice exam today and came up with the following scores, any feedback or critiques are welcome:

Overall Score: 760
Quant: 48 (got 24/37 right but also missed 7 out of last 8 because I ran out of time and had to click random answers)
Verbal: 47 (38/41 right)

Breakdown:
Problem Solving -- 14/20 right, which includes the 3 wrong in the last group that I guessed on
Data Sufficiency -- 10/17 right, which includes the 4 wrong in the last group that I guessed on

Reading Comprehension -- 12/13 right
Critical Reasoning -- 12/12 right
Sentence Correction -- 14/16 right

Looks like my biggest weakness right now is just working through the math problems quickly. Any tips on how to improve my speed?

Go for it! 760 on the practice test without studying for months. You're a natural. Let us know what the outcome is.
GMAT Club Bot