SORT BY
Most helpful
SORT BY
Recent interviewed
SORT BY
Recent posted
Debrief posted on  Feb 21 2019 [#permalink] Terry Georgia, Full-Time
On Campus Interviewed on: Feb 18 2019 Final Decision: Matriculating

"I had my interview with Deirdre Kane on campus during the visit day. The interview went wonderful and it was more of a conversation than an interview. She told me she wanted to get to know me better, so we discussed my work experience and education background. She asked the interview questions as we discussed my background, so it flowed strictly as a conversation rather than an official interview. A few questions I remember: - Greatest accomplishment - Greatest failure - short and long term goals - Why Terry? Be confident and I think you'll be fine. A lot of the current students told me that being on campus and being invited to the interview was a huge plus. It showed that I was qualified and that I was interested. Terry is a diamond in the rough! Check it out and you'll understand."

JJCCshg from United States WE: 40 months; Military & Defense
0 out of 0 people found this Debrief helpful.

Was this Debrief helpful for you?

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Nov 05 2018 [#permalink] Terry Georgia
Skype Interviewed on: Nov 04 2018 Final Decision: Matriculating

"Hello folks, Interviewed with Deirdre Kane today. She was a very nice person to talk to. Introduced herself initially and explained the interview plan clearly that how and what she plans to ask in the scheduled time. Asked only behavioral questions such as:- 1) biggest achievement 2) how would you resolve a conflict 3) leadership example 4) team player example 5) did something that others do not want to do but still manage to convince them. 6) ethical dilemma kind of question 7) difficult team member to handle, how you managed? This is the best I can recollect from my interview. Hope it helps. All the best."

siddreal from India GMAT 640; WE: 54 months; Transportation

yes
no
Skype Interviewed on: Dec 14 2015 Final Decision: Matriculating

"Hi! Just had an interview with Deidre Kane, the admissions director of Terry. My interview experience was really different. She did not ask a single standard question. Nothing about the resume or my goals or why terry or even my strengths or weakness. The questions were really very different but it was a very good interview. She told me straightaway that she liked my resume and essays and she wanted to know me more. I was thrown off guard a bit when the first question she asked me was about my biggest failure. But I picked up the pace and we had a good 40 minutes conversation. She told me that I should be expecting an email by the second week of January. Hope it goes well! Long wait! Good luck to all you guys too!"

rajdeepkaur from India GMAT 680;

yes
no
Skype Interviewed on: Dec 05 2015 Final Decision: Matriculating

"The interview is fairly straight forward with the standard set of questions. I felt what they wanted to see most was whether your career goals are consistent with your experience and whether you really need an MBA to realize your goals. It will be a 35-40 minutes interview. Make sure you have some questions to ask them and make sure they are not ones whose answers are readily available on their website. Usually someone from the Ad-Com will conduct the interview. Make sure you know what Terry has to offer and also make sure you know what you want out of the school. If you research the program thoroughly then its only expected to develop a few queries in your mind. Put those queries across for clarification. Some other questions were "What do you do for stress-relief?" "How do you handle difficult people?" With all these and a little bit of luck , You can definitely pull this off!! Good luck for now and always"

Sachin071989 GMAT 700;

yes
no
Skype Interviewed on: Jan 06 2014 Final Decision: Interviewed

"Interviewed by Deirdre Kane,Director of Admissions - UGA Terry college of Business this morning via Skype. The interview lasted for 35minutes including the time i spent asking questions. It was a a comprehensive interview. Ms. Kane had read my application and had a background on my work experience and academics. She started by explaining a little about the objective of the interview and the structure of it. She also explained that it would be a 30-35 minute interview. It was a combination of some direct questions and some open ended questions. Do understand, this is not a stress interview. The interviewee really just wants to understand you more in light of the information you have sent across in form of the application and essays. She began by asking me to throw some light on my professional accomplishments, why i took certain decisions and what i learn from them and a general graph of my career. She then went ahead and asked me some behavioral questions. Be ready to share instances that may have demonstrated your strengths and weaknesses,how did you deal with pressure / conflicting situations and what did you learn from them. At the end of the interview feel free to ask questions if you have any. Stay calm and be yourself. The good news is it is an invite-only interview, which means the University does find you interesting. Keep that in mind and give it your best!! All the best guys! :)"

yes
no