It is currently 11 Dec 2017, 23:42

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

The Dear One Baby Carrier is the safest and most comfortable baby carr

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Director
Director
avatar
Joined: 05 Sep 2010
Posts: 831

Kudos [?]: 292 [0], given: 61

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: The Dear One Baby Carrier is the safest and most comfortable baby carr [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Sep 2014, 22:57
Quote:
whether you disagree with my line of reasoning, or with the OA


i disagreed with your reasoning of rejecting D in your first post. to me both D and E seems viable so that is the reason i am saying that this question is not right. i am having some issues with my keyboard else i would have explained right now as why both are viable

Quote:
Second, the fact that you are not bothered with this question just because it isn’t from GMAT prep does little to add value to the main issue being contested as to what is the OA and why it is so….Seriously, if that were the case, then the very idea of relying on non-GMAT prep resources is flawed. Let’s not even give a second look to such questions which we perceive as faulty just because we do not agree with the OA.


that was just one way of saying that we should be concentrating on official question more than we should be pondering on such questions. having said this, i do not mean that i do not read stuff that come in front of me.i do take a stand as what i feel about such questions and i will appreciate your point of view as well.

Kudos [?]: 292 [0], given: 61

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 10 Feb 2014
Posts: 117

Kudos [?]: 215 [0], given: 86

GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V33
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: The Dear One Baby Carrier is the safest and most comfortable baby carr [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Sep 2014, 00:11
Oh I see…Now I got your point. Thanks for responding. :)

Let’s see I shall try again explaining your point (D v/s E) again, even though I would like the GC moderators to intervene and explain their point of view.

D. Even if I were to refer to all the safety features (as you have pointed out in the earlier post) being described in the passage, I feel that the author makes no safety claim about any sort of ‘bedding’ which is used for the interior of the carrier. Even if he has made any claim relating to the interior, he has just mentioned a thick interior ‘comfort pad’ and also mentioned that the entire interior has been COMFORT-TESTED, NO claim about safety-test of the interior itself. Well, I suppose a pad is a component, attached to the interior that lies in the interior of the carrier and which is not the interior itself but A PART of the entire interior assembly, A COMPONENT DIFFERENT FROM THE COMFORT PAD. Since, there is no claim about ‘bedding’ or items/ materials (distinct from the comfort pad) that are used to make the interior itself, I feel that this option is a bit irrelevant.
Now, going ahead, even if the author were to make a safety claim about the interior itself, then I suppose this option would strengthen his claim a bit. After all, making parents aware of potential threats is a precautionary measure and such precautionary measures are part of safety measures. For instance, this is quite similar to warning signs we see on highways which read, ’SHARP TURN AHEAD. PLEASE DRIVE SLOWLY.’ These turns cannot be avoided as I have to drive along the turn to go ahead, but had the warning not been there, I would have rather driven fast and met with an accident. The warning sign has done its job well and ensured that after reading it, I have driven safe. Similarly, the bedding perhaps cannot be improved upon as it may compromise some other relevant aspects but can alert the parents providing caution.

E. This option does well to undermine at least one aspect of safety, for which a relevant claim has been made by the author.

Do let me know your thoughts...

Last edited by itzmyzone911 on 29 Sep 2014, 04:24, edited 2 times in total.

Kudos [?]: 215 [0], given: 86

Director
Director
avatar
Joined: 05 Sep 2010
Posts: 831

Kudos [?]: 292 [0], given: 61

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: The Dear One Baby Carrier is the safest and most comfortable baby carr [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Sep 2014, 00:22
Quote:
Even if I were to refer to all the safety features (as you have pointed out in the earlier post) being described in the passage, I feel that the author makes no safety claim about any sort of ‘bedding’ which is used for the interior of the carrier


just a caution !! in a weakening OR strengthening questions we can use added info if it pertains to the argument. NOW the argument is about the safety of the "some weird XYZ" thing then anything that HITS the safety aspect of this thing will be a viable answer !!

Kudos [?]: 292 [0], given: 61

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 10 Feb 2014
Posts: 117

Kudos [?]: 215 [0], given: 86

GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V33
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: The Dear One Baby Carrier is the safest and most comfortable baby carr [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Sep 2014, 01:03
aditya8062 wrote:
Quote:
Even if I were to refer to all the safety features (as you have pointed out in the earlier post) being described in the passage, I feel that the author makes no safety claim about any sort of ‘bedding’ which is used for the interior of the carrier


just a caution !! in a weakening OR strengthening questions we can use added info if it pertains to the argument. NOW the argument is about the safety of the "some weird XYZ" thing then anything that HITS the safety aspect of this thing will be a viable answer !!


Yes, I agree. In such questions, we can use added info if it pertains to the argument..but the question stem beckons an outside information that hits the claim actually made by the author, not the safety aspect itself. In sum, the argument is about something that can hurt the safety claim, not about anything that hits the safety aspect itself. E.g. If an option F talks about the carrier’s wheels, which are the most susceptible to wear and tear and subsequent breakage than those of any other manufacturer’s carrier, then option F would definitely be a wrong answer, since the author made no claim about the carrier’s wheels. This option, like option D is actually a shell game trap.

...In addition, looks like you didn't read thro' the second half of my earlier post as quoted below...

itzmyzone911 wrote:
Now, going ahead, even if the author were to make a safety claim about the interior itself, then I suppose this option would strengthen his claim a bit, instead of weakening it. After all, making parents aware of potential threats is a precautionary measure and such precautionary measures are part of safety measures. For instance, this is quite similar to warning signs we see on highways which read, ’SHARP TURN AHEAD. PLEASE DRIVE SLOWLY.’ These turns cannot be avoided as I have to drive along the turn to go ahead, but had the warning not been there, I would have rather driven fast and met with an accident. The warning sign has done its job well and ensured that after reading it, I have driven safe. Similarly, the bedding perhaps cannot be improved upon as it may compromise some other relevant aspects but can alert the parents providing caution.


Kudos [?]: 215 [0], given: 86

Director
Director
avatar
Joined: 05 Sep 2010
Posts: 831

Kudos [?]: 292 [0], given: 61

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: The Dear One Baby Carrier is the safest and most comfortable baby carr [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Sep 2014, 01:19
Quote:
Which of the following, if true, would most undermine the claim to safety made on behalf of the Dear One Baby Carrier


to undermine the claim to safety ----> implies to undermine the conclusion that the author is making --->what is that conclusion?---> the conclusion is The Dear One Baby Carrier is the safest and most comfortable baby carrier available today.

Quote:
Now, going ahead, even if the author were to make a safety claim about the interior itself, then I suppose this option would strengthen his claim a bit, instead of weakening it. After all, making parents aware of potential threats is a precautionary measure and such precautionary measures are part of safety measures. For instance, this is quite similar to warning signs we see on highways which read, ’SHARP TURN AHEAD. PLEASE DRIVE SLOWLY.’ These turns cannot be avoided as I have to drive along the turn to go ahead, but had the warning not been there, I would have rather driven fast and met with an accident. The warning sign has done its job well and ensured that after reading it, I have driven safe. Similarly, the bedding perhaps cannot be improved upon as it may compromise some other relevant aspects but can alert the parents providing caution.


i appreciate this understanding and honestly it did occur to me as well when i was doing this question but then this is one area which can have varied interpretation !! if you, as a seller, is proclaiming that there is a suffocation hazard and at the same time ur also claiming that ur product is the safest then people can construe ur statements as contradictory
ASK ur self a general question that will u buy a product when that product does claim that it can be harmful for the kid . just as an analogy i had removed all big buckets (those big buckets did proclaim the danger of drowning) from the bathroom when i had a small kid at home

Kudos [?]: 292 [0], given: 61

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 10 Feb 2014
Posts: 117

Kudos [?]: 215 [0], given: 86

GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V33
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: The Dear One Baby Carrier is the safest and most comfortable baby carr [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Sep 2014, 01:33
aditya8062 wrote:
Quote:
Which of the following, if true, would most undermine the claim to safety made on behalf of the Dear One Baby Carrier


to undermine the claim to safety ----> implies to undermine the conclusion that the author is making --->what is that conclusion?---> the conclusion is The Dear One Baby Carrier is the safest and most comfortable baby carrier available today.

Quote:
Now, going ahead, even if the author were to make a safety claim about the interior itself, then I suppose this option would strengthen his claim a bit, instead of weakening it. After all, making parents aware of potential threats is a precautionary measure and such precautionary measures are part of safety measures. For instance, this is quite similar to warning signs we see on highways which read, ’SHARP TURN AHEAD. PLEASE DRIVE SLOWLY.’ These turns cannot be avoided as I have to drive along the turn to go ahead, but had the warning not been there, I would have rather driven fast and met with an accident. The warning sign has done its job well and ensured that after reading it, I have driven safe. Similarly, the bedding perhaps cannot be improved upon as it may compromise some other relevant aspects but can alert the parents providing caution.


i appreciate this understanding and honestly it did occur to me as well when i was doing this question but then this is one area which can have varied interpretation !! if you, as a seller, is proclaiming that there is a suffocation hazard and at the same time ur also claiming that ur product is the safest then people can construe ur statements as contradictory


1. As pointed out repeatedly in my earlier posts, undermine claim made about safety of something that actually has been mentioned as being safe…bedding is not mentioned…so D can be dropped off comprehensively…Also note my comments on option F in my earlier post

2. Babies play with marbles. ‘THEY ARE HARMFUL IF INGESTED, AS IT MAY LEAD TO SUFFOCATION OR DEATH’, reads the box of marbles. Should the parents stop buying them? Or rather will they? It is implied that it is the responsibility of parents to take care of their children and they will.
I, as a seller, will proclaim the hazard only if it adds to my selling prospects by making the customer aware that the notification of hazard is indeed adding value to his purchase by making him alert of the potential threats and that he should always be on a lookout for one along with the multiple benefits my product has to offer (as in the case of the baby carrier). If I get a slightest hint that the proclamation can contradict my selling prospects, it accords with common sense that I would never make such a proclamation in the first place…never ever… after all who wants to make a loss!!

Kudos [?]: 215 [0], given: 86

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 10 Feb 2014
Posts: 117

Kudos [?]: 215 [0], given: 86

GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V33
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: The Dear One Baby Carrier is the safest and most comfortable baby carr [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Sep 2014, 06:11
Well…first of all, let me tell you that your analogy is completely non-sensical, technically impossible!! Imagine a baby climbing a bucket, the way one has to climb a large wall in order to trespass the fences of a territory….that’s the only way a baby can drown…if its height is less than that of the bucket, and if the baby is actually shorter than the bucket it would be practically impossible for it to enter the bucket in the first place…I have never heard of a baby able to PULL UP ITS WEIGHT TO CLIMB INTO A BUCKET AND DROWN!!..Sheer non-sense!!...The only way a baby can possibly enter a large bucket ON ITS OWN is by walking or by toppling into it…and if it were able to, its height would definitely be greater and there is no way it could drown…However, assume even if your claim were hypothetically possible, I would definitely purchase the large buckets under the given circumstance, you can’t say that if you didn’t purchase, the others will follow suit...look around, you may have a lot of babies beaming around in your locality with large buckets at their homes…It just becomes imperative for the parents to be more responsible..

Consider an even more poignant analogy(point no.2) that I have drawn in my earlier post even before you edited your recent post again to cite your analogy….

1. As pointed out repeatedly in my earlier posts, undermine claim made about safety of something that actually has been mentioned as being safe…bedding is not mentioned…so D can be dropped off comprehensively…Also note my comments on option F in my earlier post

2. Babies play with marbles. ‘THEY ARE HARMFUL IF INGESTED, AS IT MAY LEAD TO SUFFOCATION OR DEATH’, reads the box of marbles. Should the parents stop buying them? Or rather will they? It is implied that it is the responsibility of parents to take care of their children and they will.
I, as a seller, will proclaim the hazard only if it adds to my selling prospects by making the customer aware that the notification of hazard is indeed adding value to his purchase by making him alert of the potential threats and that he should always be on a lookout for one along with the multiple benefits my product has to offer (as in the case of the baby carrier). If I get a slightest hint that the proclamation can contradict my selling prospects, it accords with common sense that I would never make such a proclamation in the first place…never ever… after all who wants to make a loss!


To be frank, marbles sell not like, but even more than hot cakes do. Babies are born every minute, and parents are buying marbles on the fly for their babies not for their teenager kids or themselves.

Kudos [?]: 215 [0], given: 86

Director
Director
avatar
Joined: 05 Sep 2010
Posts: 831

Kudos [?]: 292 [0], given: 61

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: The Dear One Baby Carrier is the safest and most comfortable baby carr [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Sep 2014, 06:38
Quote:
as pointed out repeatedly in my earlier posts, undermine claim made about safety of something that actually has been mentioned as being safe…bedding is not mentioned…so D can be dropped off comprehensively…Also note my comments on option F in my earlier post


this is where we are not agreeing . as i have already told you, the argument is making a very out right conclusion stating that: The Dear One Baby Carrier is the safest and most comfortable baby carrier available today. so anything that hits hard on "any of its aspect" (can be some thing not mentioned as well,that's how tangential answers in strengthening/weakening CR are made) that concerns the safety will undermine its conclusion. you are assuming that the answer choice has to HIT only the safe aspects mentioned in the argument.please note that the argument of this argument is very strong. we have to HIT at "claim to safety" . what is the claim to safety? it is "The Dear One Baby Carrier is the safest and most comfortable baby carrier available today"

anyway i will rest this problem, probably we are not on the same page

Kudos [?]: 292 [0], given: 61

1 KUDOS received
Board of Directors
User avatar
G
Joined: 01 Sep 2010
Posts: 3418

Kudos [?]: 9470 [1], given: 1197

Re: The Dear One Baby Carrier is the safest and most comfortable baby carr [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Sep 2014, 09:28
1
This post received
KUDOS
replying to a PVT

Though I m not a fan of this question bacause of its wordiness (GMAC could say the same concept to undermine in half such a statement), the question is farirly good

The answer is pretty clear


An infant safety commission announces that most dropping accidents involving infants occur when a parent is the primary caretaker.

This is only a statistic that does not undermine the facts

A survey conducted by a popular magazine reveals that a large number of parents are still not aware of the danger posed to infants by putting their carriers in the front seat.

A survey is always tricky: could or not reflect the whole group believes or , as in this case, what think parents is irrelevant

A parents’ group endorses the Dear One Baby Carrier as the most convenient baby carrier to take on vacation.

Convenient or cheap is not the gist

A manufacturer adds a “danger of suffocation” label to the bedding used for the interior of the Dear One Baby Carrier.

What manufacture ADDS is a plus, not what we are looking for

An article written by a pediatrician states that at-large baby carriers do not safely double as car seats.

This is what we need: something concrete to use. If pediatrician are endorser of the companies or not is not an assumption we should do in this context. Generally speaking, doing assumption is always a bad idea unless we are just in front a CR assumption

Hope this helps
_________________

COLLECTION OF QUESTIONS AND RESOURCES
Quant: 1. ALL GMATPrep questions Quant/Verbal 2. Bunuel Signature Collection - The Next Generation 3. Bunuel Signature Collection ALL-IN-ONE WITH SOLUTIONS 4. Veritas Prep Blog PDF Version 5. MGMAT Study Hall Thursdays with Ron Quant Videos
Verbal:1. Verbal question bank and directories by Carcass 2. MGMAT Study Hall Thursdays with Ron Verbal Videos 3. Critical Reasoning_Oldy but goldy question banks 4. Sentence Correction_Oldy but goldy question banks 5. Reading-comprehension_Oldy but goldy question banks

Kudos [?]: 9470 [1], given: 1197

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 10 Feb 2014
Posts: 117

Kudos [?]: 215 [0], given: 86

GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V33
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: The Dear One Baby Carrier is the safest and most comfortable baby carr [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Sep 2014, 09:31
Hi aditya,

Here's another explanation from the BTG forum. It has an expert reply.

http://www.beatthegmat.com/gmatclub-baby-t73587.html

Rgds..

Kudos [?]: 215 [0], given: 86

1 KUDOS received
Board of Directors
User avatar
G
Joined: 01 Sep 2010
Posts: 3418

Kudos [?]: 9470 [1], given: 1197

Re: The Dear One Baby Carrier is the safest and most comfortable baby carr [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Sep 2014, 09:35
1
This post received
KUDOS
itzmyzone911 wrote:
Hi aditya,

Here's another explanation from the BTG forum. It has an expert reply.

http://www.beatthegmat.com/gmatclub-baby-t73587.html

Rgds..



see my explanation above....pretty much the same without reading BTG.

On an upper level question you should slow down and read word by word , eventually
_________________

COLLECTION OF QUESTIONS AND RESOURCES
Quant: 1. ALL GMATPrep questions Quant/Verbal 2. Bunuel Signature Collection - The Next Generation 3. Bunuel Signature Collection ALL-IN-ONE WITH SOLUTIONS 4. Veritas Prep Blog PDF Version 5. MGMAT Study Hall Thursdays with Ron Quant Videos
Verbal:1. Verbal question bank and directories by Carcass 2. MGMAT Study Hall Thursdays with Ron Verbal Videos 3. Critical Reasoning_Oldy but goldy question banks 4. Sentence Correction_Oldy but goldy question banks 5. Reading-comprehension_Oldy but goldy question banks

Kudos [?]: 9470 [1], given: 1197

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 10 Feb 2014
Posts: 117

Kudos [?]: 215 [0], given: 86

GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V33
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: The Dear One Baby Carrier is the safest and most comfortable baby carr [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Sep 2014, 09:36
carcass wrote:
replying to a PVT

Though I m not a fan of this question bacause of its wordiness (GMAC could say the same concept to undermine in half such a statement), the question is farirly good

The answer is pretty clear


An infant safety commission announces that most dropping accidents involving infants occur when a parent is the primary caretaker.

This is only a statistic that does not undermine the facts

A survey conducted by a popular magazine reveals that a large number of parents are still not aware of the danger posed to infants by putting their carriers in the front seat.

A survey is always tricky: could or not reflect the whole group believes or , as in this case, what think parents is irrelevant

A parents’ group endorses the Dear One Baby Carrier as the most convenient baby carrier to take on vacation.

Convenient or cheap is not the gist

A manufacturer adds a “danger of suffocation” label to the bedding used for the interior of the Dear One Baby Carrier.

What manufacture ADDS is a plus, not what we are looking for

An article written by a pediatrician states that at-large baby carriers do not safely double as car seats.

This is what we need: something concrete to use. If pediatrician are endorser of the companies or not is not an assumption we should do in this context. Generally speaking, doing assumption is always a bad idea unless we are just in front a CR assumption

Hope this helps


Thanks Carcass...I agree with your reasoning :) And so the OA is correct...

Kudos [?]: 215 [0], given: 86

1 KUDOS received
Board of Directors
User avatar
G
Joined: 01 Sep 2010
Posts: 3418

Kudos [?]: 9470 [1], given: 1197

Re: The Dear One Baby Carrier is the safest and most comfortable baby carr [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Sep 2014, 10:17
1
This post received
KUDOS

Kudos [?]: 9470 [1], given: 1197

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 08 Apr 2012
Posts: 444

Kudos [?]: 81 [0], given: 58

Re: The Dear One Baby Carrier is the safest and most comfortable baby carr [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Sep 2014, 01:18
carcass wrote:
replying to a PVT

Though I m not a fan of this question bacause of its wordiness (GMAC could say the same concept to undermine in half such a statement), the question is farirly good

The answer is pretty clear


An infant safety commission announces that most dropping accidents involving infants occur when a parent is the primary caretaker.

This is only a statistic that does not undermine the facts

A survey conducted by a popular magazine reveals that a large number of parents are still not aware of the danger posed to infants by putting their carriers in the front seat.

A survey is always tricky: could or not reflect the whole group believes or , as in this case, what think parents is irrelevant

A parents’ group endorses the Dear One Baby Carrier as the most convenient baby carrier to take on vacation.

Convenient or cheap is not the gist

A manufacturer adds a “danger of suffocation” label to the bedding used for the interior of the Dear One Baby Carrier.

What manufacture ADDS is a plus, not what we are looking for

An article written by a pediatrician states that at-large baby carriers do not safely double as car seats.

This is what we need: something concrete to use. If pediatrician are endorser of the companies or not is not an assumption we should do in this context. Generally speaking, doing assumption is always a bad idea unless we are just in front a CR assumption

Hope this helps

Hi,
I still don't see why D is wrong.
If the manufacturer was sitting there all content with his new product, and all of the sudden it hit him... people can suffocate on the interior, so he puts a warning label.
Isn't this contributing to lessened safety ?

Kudos [?]: 81 [0], given: 58

Board of Directors
User avatar
G
Joined: 01 Sep 2010
Posts: 3418

Kudos [?]: 9470 [0], given: 1197

Re: The Dear One Baby Carrier is the safest and most comfortable baby carr [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Sep 2014, 03:29
A manufacture ADDS a bedding use of X


what a manufacture says adding a bedding use do not weaken the argument because we do not have enough info to establish this.

Could or not be true, we do not really know for sure. Maybe 10 people who use the seat out of 10 do not use it as bedding. As such, the argument is not weaken. Indeed, the usage is personal

Instead in E we have a stronger reason: the seat in its double usage is NOT completely safe.

Even if we are not convinced 100% of E, it is after all the best option we have to choose from. Often the GMAT does not have the best choice of the universe but we have to choose the best choice among the 5 ones.

regards
_________________

COLLECTION OF QUESTIONS AND RESOURCES
Quant: 1. ALL GMATPrep questions Quant/Verbal 2. Bunuel Signature Collection - The Next Generation 3. Bunuel Signature Collection ALL-IN-ONE WITH SOLUTIONS 4. Veritas Prep Blog PDF Version 5. MGMAT Study Hall Thursdays with Ron Quant Videos
Verbal:1. Verbal question bank and directories by Carcass 2. MGMAT Study Hall Thursdays with Ron Verbal Videos 3. Critical Reasoning_Oldy but goldy question banks 4. Sentence Correction_Oldy but goldy question banks 5. Reading-comprehension_Oldy but goldy question banks

Kudos [?]: 9470 [0], given: 1197

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 08 Apr 2012
Posts: 444

Kudos [?]: 81 [0], given: 58

Re: The Dear One Baby Carrier is the safest and most comfortable baby carr [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Sep 2014, 10:15
carcass wrote:
A manufacture ADDS a bedding use of X


what a manufacture says adding a bedding use do not weaken the argument because we do not have enough info to establish this.

Could or not be true, we do not really know for sure. Maybe 10 people who use the seat out of 10 do not use it as bedding. As such, the argument is not weaken. Indeed, the usage is personal

Instead in E we have a stronger reason: the seat in its double usage is NOT completely safe.

Even if we are not convinced 100% of E, it is after all the best option we have to choose from. Often the GMAT does not have the best choice of the universe but we have to choose the best choice among the 5 ones.

regards

To me it sounds like the bedding is a part of the carrier and you can't choose not to use it...
Can't really understand this question....

Kudos [?]: 81 [0], given: 58

Board of Directors
User avatar
G
Joined: 01 Sep 2010
Posts: 3418

Kudos [?]: 9470 [0], given: 1197

Re: The Dear One Baby Carrier is the safest and most comfortable baby carr [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Sep 2014, 10:26
I agree with you and basically is what I said: the bedding usage is inherent our carrier. As such, we can or not choose to use the seat in this manner.

Instead E sustains that our seat is not safe whenever we switch between the two modes ; we know for sure from the stimulus that the best feature is just this and we have to attack and weaken this part to tackle our question.

Hope this helps.
_________________

COLLECTION OF QUESTIONS AND RESOURCES
Quant: 1. ALL GMATPrep questions Quant/Verbal 2. Bunuel Signature Collection - The Next Generation 3. Bunuel Signature Collection ALL-IN-ONE WITH SOLUTIONS 4. Veritas Prep Blog PDF Version 5. MGMAT Study Hall Thursdays with Ron Quant Videos
Verbal:1. Verbal question bank and directories by Carcass 2. MGMAT Study Hall Thursdays with Ron Verbal Videos 3. Critical Reasoning_Oldy but goldy question banks 4. Sentence Correction_Oldy but goldy question banks 5. Reading-comprehension_Oldy but goldy question banks

Kudos [?]: 9470 [0], given: 1197

Non-Human User
User avatar
Joined: 01 Oct 2013
Posts: 10159

Kudos [?]: 275 [0], given: 0

Premium Member
Re: The Dear One Baby Carrier is the safest and most comfortable baby carr [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Aug 2017, 00:44
Hello from the GMAT Club VerbalBot!

Thanks to another GMAT Club member, I have just discovered this valuable topic, yet it had no discussion for over a year. I am now bumping it up - doing my job. I think you may find it valuable (esp those replies with Kudos).

Want to see all other topics I dig out? Follow me (click follow button on profile). You will receive a summary of all topics I bump in your profile area as well as via email.

Kudos [?]: 275 [0], given: 0

VP
VP
User avatar
G
Status: Learning
Joined: 20 Dec 2015
Posts: 1088

Kudos [?]: 89 [0], given: 562

Location: India
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
GMAT 1: 670 Q48 V36
GRE 1: 314 Q157 V157
GPA: 3.4
WE: Manufacturing and Production (Manufacturing)
CAT Tests
Re: The Dear One Baby Carrier is the safest and most comfortable baby carr [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Aug 2017, 01:42
Imo E
We have show somehow that the Dear one baby carrier is dangerous .
A is irrelevant to the argument
B is also not good
C is actually strengthening the argument .
D is just manufacturer warning
E is the answer a doctor may know about the actual safety .

Sent from my ONE E1003 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
_________________

We are more often frightened than hurt; and we suffer more from imagination than from reality

Kudos [?]: 89 [0], given: 562

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 10 May 2017
Posts: 3

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 5

Re: The Dear One Baby Carrier is the safest and most comfortable baby carr [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Aug 2017, 09:12
At first, one can narrow down to D and E. When you read the last line of the sentence it states that "reducing the risk to the baby". Only answer option E weakens the argument saying that there is a risk involved. Answer option D does not say anything regarding the risk.

Hope this helps !

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 5

Re: The Dear One Baby Carrier is the safest and most comfortable baby carr   [#permalink] 20 Aug 2017, 09:12

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3    Next  [ 41 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

The Dear One Baby Carrier is the safest and most comfortable baby carr

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  


GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.