Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 14:37 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 14:37

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Tags:
Show Tags
Hide Tags
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 974 [1]
Given Kudos: 264
GMAT 1: 620 Q49 V24
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 628 [1]
Given Kudos: 192
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Send PM
Re: The Final Climb: Quest for Q 50+ from Q47/48 [#permalink]
Kudos
Ok guys, I was off from studies for some time and now I'm back with the committment that i will give the CAT in a month's time. Yesterday and today I gave two mGMAT CATs ( 4 and 5) and scored 50 and 51 respectively. In MGMAT 5 , the pool was throwing 600-700 level PS and 700- 800 level DS question probably beacuse i am good in PS and have already consumed all the questions in the previous CATs.
Now, I'm in two minds whether to go for the balance 15 gmatclub tests , last 50 questions of OG and 10 sets of Jeff( challenge ones) or to simply do the review of gmatclub tests that i have done so far and the last 50 questions of OG, leaaving the jeff sets totally. I'm very much comfortable with quant as of now, however, verbal still needs to be addressed more. I'm currently scoring around V- 40 in the last three MGMAT tests and i think still there is scope for improvement.
Any advise?
Retired Moderator
Send PM
Kudos
Ok guys, I'm back and this time to do the things differently. Per my time plan, I would be allotting about 30% of the time to quant and 70% to verbal.
Three things that i intend to do differently in quant:-
1) Follow the logical approach rather than the traditional mechanical approach of solving problems.
2) Filter the concept topics in terms of strengths and weaknesses and lay more stress on weaknesses. Practice less and review more by maintaining an error log.
3) Self-Discipline. ( not to loose momentum in between)
Although my major focus is on verbal, however, i think i still can push quant from 49 to 51 without any major efforts. I will keep this thread moving till my retake.
Cheers :)
Non-Human User
Own Kudos [?]: 821 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hello from the GMAT Club BumpBot!

Thanks to another GMAT Club member, I have just discovered this valuable topic, yet it had no discussion for over a year. I am now bumping it up - doing my job. I think you may find it valuable (esp those replies with Kudos).

Want to see all other topics I dig out? Follow me (click follow button on profile). You will receive a summary of all topics I bump in your profile area as well as via email.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3 
Moderator:
Math Expert
92883 posts