GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 19 Sep 2018, 13:42

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

The following is a concept plan developed by the Men’s and Women’s Pro

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

SVP
SVP
V
GPA: 3.39
Premium Member CAT Tests
The following is a concept plan developed by the Men’s and Women’s Pro  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 May 2017, 09:32
00:00
A
B
C
D
E

Difficulty:

15% (low)

Question Stats:

80% (01:31) correct 20% (01:59) wrong based on 94 sessions

HideShow timer Statistics

The following is a concept plan developed by the Men’s and Women’s Professional Tennis Tour:
“Television viewers around the world are becoming more interested in reality TV. In America, viewers flock to shows about people stranded on a deserted island, racing around the world, auditioning to become singing stars, or trying to find a spouse. Reality TV has caught on in other countries around the world as well. Tennis players are already popular for their appearance and personalities as well as for their tennis ability. Therefore, the Tennis Tour can become even more popular with TV viewers if we add some elements of reality TV to our broadcasts. As a first step, we will begin interviewing players before the matches and having coaches wear microphones during the matches.” Which of the following, if true, would most strengthen the conclusion that adding reality television elements will increase the popularity of tennis on TV?

(A) TV viewers who occasionally watch tennis would be more interested if they knew more about the players.
(B) The reality television elements will actually alienate much of tennis’s current TV audience.
(C) Personal information about the players is already widely available on the Internet and some of the websites of women’s tennis stars are extremely popular.
(D) The tennis stars are very enthusiastic about the changes because they feel like the increased exposure could lead to endorsements, modeling, and even movie roles.
(E) The summer and winter Olympics have been using reality TV elements for many years.

Source: GMAT for Dummies

Official PS Practice Questions
Press +1 Kudos if this post is helpful

Manager
Manager
B
Schools: EDHEC (A)
GMAT 1: 650 Q43 V37
GPA: 3.2
WE: General Management (Human Resources)
Premium Member
Re: The following is a concept plan developed by the Men’s and Women’s Pro  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 May 2017, 10:18
A :)
Board of Directors
V
Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: The following is a concept plan developed by the Men’s and Women’s Pro  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 May 2017, 06:00
Conclusion is: Adding TC elements to tennis will increase the interest of people.

We need to strengthen this. I can assume that people do not hate watching tennis no matter what.

Let's move to the options:

(A) TV viewers who occasionally watch tennis would be more interested if they knew more about the players. --> Ok, so those will start watching it. Hence, conclusion is strengthened.

(B) The reality television elements will actually alienate much of tennis’s current TV audience. --> Weakener. It will do the exact opposite of what the conclusion is saying.

(C) Personal information about the players is already widely available on the Internet and some of the websites of women’s tennis stars are extremely popular. --> If it is already there, then how come adding them will help. A weak plan.

(D) The tennis stars are very enthusiastic about the changes because they feel like the increased exposure could lead to endorsements, modeling, and even movie roles. --> We are bothered about people and not the tennis player.

(E) The summer and winter Olympics have been using reality TV elements for many years. --> Ok, so it means it is already there. Again, a weak plan.

My GMAT Story: From V21 to V40
My MBA Journey: My 10 years long MBA Dream
My Secret Hacks: Best way to use GMATClub | Importance of an Error Log!
Verbal Resources: All SC Resources at one place | All CR Resources at one place
Blog: Subscribe to Question of the Day Blog

GMAT Club Inbuilt Error Log Functionality - View More.
New Visa Forum - Ask all your Visa Related Questions - here.

New! Best Reply Functionality on GMAT Club!

Find a bug in the new email templates and get rewarded with 2 weeks of GMATClub Tests for free

Re: The following is a concept plan developed by the Men’s and Women’s Pro &nbs [#permalink] 26 May 2017, 06:00

The following is a concept plan developed by the Men’s and Women’s Pro

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap