GMAT Changed on April 16th - Read about the latest changes here

It is currently 26 Apr 2018, 10:26

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

The two-party political system is one [u]where the electorate gives i

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

1 KUDOS received
SVP
SVP
P
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V33
GPA: 3.64
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
The two-party political system is one [u]where the electorate gives i [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 17 Dec 2017, 20:44
This post received
KUDOS
00:00
A
B
C
D
E

Difficulty:

5% (low)

Question Stats:

79% (00:59) correct 21% (00:25) wrong based on 62 sessions

HideShow timer Statistics

The two-party political system is one where the electorate gives its votes largely to only two major parties and where one or the other party can usually win a majority in the legislature.

A ○ where the electorate gives its votes largely to only two major parties and where
B○ in which the electorate largely gives only its votes to two major parties and where
C. where the electorate gives largely its votes to only two major parties and in which
D. in which the electorate gives its votes largely to only two major parties and in which
E. in which the electorate largely gives only its votes to two major parties and in which

[Reveal] Spoiler:
Explanation: E changes the meaning; E sounds as if the electorate had other things to do besides its votes to give to the parties.
[Reveal] Spoiler: OA

Originally posted by chesstitans on 17 Dec 2017, 17:52.
Last edited by chesstitans on 17 Dec 2017, 20:44, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
S
Re: The two-party political system is one [u]where the electorate gives i [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Dec 2017, 20:38
chesstitans wrote:
The two-party political system is one where the electorate gives its votes largely to only two major parties and where one or the other party can usually win a majority in the legislature.

A ○ where the electorate gives its votes largely to only two major parties and where
B○ in which the electorate largely gives only its votes to two major parties and where
C. where the electorate gives largely gives to only two major parties and in which
D. in which the electorate gives its votes largely to only two major parties and in which
E. in which the electorate largely gives its votes to only two major parties and in which

Explanation: E changes the meaning; E sounds as if the electorate had other things to do besides its votes to give to the parties.

many typos in options C n E-- correct question

A. where the electorate gives its votes largely to only two major parties and where
B. in which the electorate largely gives only its votes to two major parties and where
C. where the electorate gives largely its votes to only two major parties and in which
E. in which the electorate largely gives only its votes to two major parties and in which
SVP
SVP
P
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V33
GPA: 3.64
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: The two-party political system is one [u]where the electorate gives i [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Dec 2017, 20:44
s8kadian wrote:
chesstitans wrote:

C. where the electorate gives largely gives to only two major parties and in which
E. in which the electorate largely gives its votes to only two major parties and in which

many typos in options C n E-- correct question

A. where the electorate gives its votes largely to only two major parties and where
B. in which the electorate largely gives only its votes to two major parties and where

I have edited the question. Thank you.
Re: The two-party political system is one [u]where the electorate gives i   [#permalink] 17 Dec 2017, 20:44

The two-party political system is one [u]where the electorate gives i

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap