Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 14:37 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 14:37

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Concentration: Accounting
GRE 1: Q780 V660
GPA: 3.97
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: ***The UNC Chapel Hill 2014 Thread*** [#permalink]
Hey all,

I have applied and will be interviewing at UNC this Monday, Feb 18. Excited about the opportunity. Any advice or thoughts on the process? Thanks
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Is there a benefit to applying during Early Admission?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
joe26 wrote:
Is there a benefit to applying during Early Admission?

UNC is rolling admissions, so the sooner you apply, the less competition you'll face because there's more seats to fill. To the dude asking about interviews: I wouldn't stress about it too much. It's pretty much like a fit interview you'd get at most jobs and I think UNC mostly does it to make sure that you're not a psychopath rather than it being a huge factor in your admissions decision. If you can talk about your resume, why UNC, why accounting, and have 1 or 2 intelligent questions, you'll be straight.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi all,

I'm also planning to attending UNC's MAC program - starting in May. Anyone have apartment suggestions? I'd also be open to a roommate if anyone is interested.

Mary
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 63 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
I guess I make 5 on here.

Living on campus. Convenience winning out in my book over comfort.

Anyone UG at UNC? We'll need to all meet up and have a drink at some bar and I don't know any yet.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
AlyoshaKaramazov wrote:

Anyone UG at UNC? We'll need to all meet up and have a drink at some bar and I don't know any yet.

Question: Does anyone know how far away Odum is from Franklin street? I'm almost 90% sure that I'll be living on campus, so while going to UNC basketball games (I mean getting to class...) will be easy, I'm wondering how far away everything else is because I won't be having a car. I saw a similar q to this posted in the facebook group, but I was wondering if there were any other perspectives on this.

Looking forward to meeting you all in a few months!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
wannabeCPA wrote:
AlyoshaKaramazov wrote:

Question: Does anyone know how far away Odum is from Franklin street? I'm almost 90% sure that I'll be living on campus, so while going to UNC basketball games (I mean getting to class...) will be easy, I'm wondering how far away everything else is because I won't be having a car. I saw a similar q to this posted in the facebook group, but I was wondering if there were any other perspectives on this.

Looking forward to meeting you all in a few months!

Looks like a mile walk. Looks like just over half a mile to the smith center (yea, that's going to be dangerous).
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Maybe someone has an idea on how this will work out. I emailed unc over a month ago to clarify my current number of accounting credits. I took the (2)intro accounting courses under quarters and now we have switched to semesters. 5 quarter hours = 3.3 semester hours. For a total of 6 or 6.6 credits? They have syllabi for each class and transcripts. I would like to use this time to knock out a few credits and keep my options open at the same time. I did send a follow up email about 2 weeks ago, with no success. I guess it is time to call.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
joe26 wrote:
Maybe someone has an idea on how this will work out. I emailed unc over a month ago to clarify my current number of accounting credits. I took the (2)intro accounting courses under quarters and now we have switched to semesters. 5 quarter hours = 3.3 semester hours. For a total of 6 or 6.6 credits? They have syllabi for each class and transcripts. I would like to use this time to knock out a few credits and keep my options open at the same time. I did send a follow up email about 2 weeks ago, with no success. I guess it is time to call.

I was on quarters and had to do a conversion as well. It might be too late to answer your question, but I believe 1Q hour = 0.7 semester hours. Therefore, if you take around 16 or 17 quarter hours of accounting classes, you should still be straight. For example, I remember that I took 16 accounting credits on my quarter system (the intro fin/managerial classes and then an intermediate financial and cost accounting class) and I was still eligible, but just barely. That's how UNC converts it and I went with that because my school didn't have any special conversions for situations like that. If your school does, however, I believe UNC goes with your school's calcs vs theirs but I could be wrong.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
wannabeCPA wrote:
joe26 wrote:

I was on quarters and had to do a conversion as well. It might be too late to answer your question, but I believe 1Q hour = 0.7 semester hours. Therefore, if you take around 16 or 17 quarter hours of accounting classes, you should still be straight. For example, I remember that I took 16 accounting credits on my quarter system (the intro fin/managerial classes and then an intermediate financial and cost accounting class) and I was still eligible, but just barely. That's how UNC converts it and I went with that because my school didn't have any special conversions for situations like that. If your school does, however, I believe UNC goes with your school's calcs vs theirs but I could be wrong.

Still no response by UNC. It is not a pressing issue because my housing fell through for the summer.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Are you guys having fun yet? Another person from my class ('13) saw you guys sitting in Skender with looks of fear on your faces. The summer sucks, but it's not so bad (all the time) after that. Good luck!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Visirale wrote:
Are you guys having fun yet? Another person from my class ('13) saw you guys sitting in Skender with looks of fear on your faces. The summer sucks, but it's not so bad (all the time) after that. Good luck!

I don't think your friend reads faces very well. It's usually exhaustion most of the time (for people who had him in the afternoon). Hand does a good job of keeping it lively up there with silly British-isms, but once CJ gets on a roll of writing out numbers and formulas it can be trying for even the most dedicated to remain attentive.

And where are all these 13' MAC people? Why dont they come and drink with us and share wisdom? Busy studying for the CPA?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
AlyoshaKaramazov wrote:
Visirale wrote:

I don't think your friend reads faces very well. It's usually exhaustion most of the time (for people who had him in the afternoon). Hand does a good job of keeping it lively up there with silly British-isms, but once CJ gets on a roll of writing out numbers and formulas it can be trying for even the most dedicated to remain attentive.

And where are all these 13' MAC people? Why dont they come and drink with us and share wisdom? Busy studying for the CPA?

Not yet, I have a November start date but most people are. A lot of people moved but a few of us are still around. My roommate (who also did the program) and I will be here until the end of July. Are you guys done with the first set of classes yet?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Visirale wrote:
AlyoshaKaramazov wrote:
Visirale wrote:

Not yet, I have a November start date but most people are. A lot of people moved but a few of us are still around. My roommate (who also did the program) and I will be here until the end of July. Are you guys done with the first set of classes yet?

fin accy done on thursday. i'm sure topo will be packed with mac people that night.
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Senior Moderator - Masters Forum
3137 posts