Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 15:35 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 15:35

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
GRE Forum Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 32886 [1]
Given Kudos: 5776
GPA: 3.62
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 2853 [1]
Given Kudos: 144
WE:General Management (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 2853 [1]
Given Kudos: 144
WE:General Management (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Re: Timing Problem in Verbal Section [#permalink]
Kudos
kashifraza wrote:
rohan2345 wrote:
kashifraza wrote:
I have scored 690 on GMAT Prep software. Q-49 (83rd percentile) & V-34 (69th percentile). There is no timing problem in Quant. In verbal, i have to guess on last 7-9 questions as i run out of time in the end. Official SC questions are more on awkwardness and wordiness, so i am not able to use splits and have to read all the answer choices completely and it takes time. In critical reasoning also, it takes time to read the question stem and all 5 choices. I am not able to comprehend quickly the language of most of the questions, question stems, passages and answer choices of SC, CR and RC of GMAT Prep exam. It is not everyday English which we find in newspapers, magazines or TV. However, my accuracy in verbal section is good on questions attempted by me. As far as my preparation is concerned, i have thoroughly completed the following guides.
SC - Manhattan, SC Grail, OG13 and OG-Verbal
CR - Manhattan, Powerscore, OG13 and OG-Verbal
RC - Manhattan, OG13 and OG-Verbal

Nothing is helping me to improve my speed on verbal.

Please advise as to how to increase my speed in verbal. If i am able to complete verbal in time, i can get a much higher score.

Hi,

I believe your concepts for verbal are clear you just need some additional practice. I would highly encourage you to consider the e-gmat Scholaranium. It is one of the best verbal practice tools in the market and will not only help you point out your weaknesses but also help you improve on them.

Further taking multiple mocks might help. Apart from the GMATPREP, Manhattan GMAT tests and Veritas Prep Tests in my experience have a good verbal and Quant section and will certainly help you point out and improve your weak areas.

Further another advantage of taking many mocks is to build up your stamina. Apart from the GMATPREP tests, taking practise tests of any major GMATPREP company ought to do that.

You can also get a lot of help from this website. You can take as many timers as you'd like and can compare your timings with the other members of the community.

Hope this helps. All the best.

Do e-gmat provde Scholaranium only also. I have checked they provide full Verbal course. My concepts are clear. I don't need any conceptual knowledge. I just need good verbal practice. Please help.

Hi,

Yes they do provide on Scholaranium for $99. You can try out the scholaranium for some great additional practice. All the best.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 172
Send PM
Even I am looking for a solution to this problem.
it is taking a lot of time for individual questions also, though accuracy has improved but sometimes it takes 4-5 mins per questin in cr/sc
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
rohan2345 wrote:
kashifraza wrote:
I have scored 690 on GMAT Prep software. Q-49 (83rd percentile) & V-34 (69th percentile). There is no timing problem in Quant. In verbal, i have to guess on last 7-9 questions as i run out of time in the end. Official SC questions are more on awkwardness and wordiness, so i am not able to use splits and have to read all the answer choices completely and it takes time. In critical reasoning also, it takes time to read the question stem and all 5 choices. I am not able to comprehend quickly the language of most of the questions, question stems, passages and answer choices of SC, CR and RC of GMAT Prep exam. It is not everyday English which we find in newspapers, magazines or TV. However, my accuracy in verbal section is good on questions attempted by me. As far as my preparation is concerned, i have thoroughly completed the following guides.
SC - Manhattan, SC Grail, OG13 and OG-Verbal
CR - Manhattan, Powerscore, OG13 and OG-Verbal
RC - Manhattan, OG13 and OG-Verbal

Nothing is helping me to improve my speed on verbal.

Please advise as to how to increase my speed in verbal. If i am able to complete verbal in time, i can get a much higher score.

Hi,

I believe your concepts for verbal are clear you just need some additional practice. I would highly encourage you to consider the e-gmat Scholaranium. It is one of the best verbal practice tools in the market and will not only help you point out your weaknesses but also help you improve on them.

Further taking multiple mocks might help. Apart from the GMATPREP, Manhattan GMAT tests and Veritas Prep Tests in my experience have a good verbal and Quant section and will certainly help you point out and improve your weak areas.

Further another advantage of taking many mocks is to build up your stamina. Apart from the GMATPREP tests, taking practise tests of any major GMATPREP company ought to do that.

You can also get a lot of help from this website. You can take as many timers as you'd like and can compare your timings with the other members of the community.

Hope this helps. All the best.

Do e-gmat provde Scholaranium only also. I have checked they provide full Verbal course. My concepts are clear. I don't need any conceptual knowledge. I just need good verbal practice. Please help.
GMAT Club Bot