It is currently 20 Feb 2018, 17:41

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

To be considered for this year’s Perfect Student Scholarship, a studen

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
G
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GPA: 3.73
WE: Design (Real Estate)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
To be considered for this year’s Perfect Student Scholarship, a studen [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Feb 2018, 20:16
00:00
A
B
C
D
E

Difficulty:

55% (hard)

Question Stats:

66% (00:58) correct 34% (01:36) wrong based on 53 sessions

HideShow timer Statistics

To be considered for this year’s Perfect Student Scholarship, a student needs to have received an A in every class, and to have achieved a perfect attendance record for this year. Torrey is the only student in this school who has received As in all of her classes, but she has been absent three times this year.

The claims above, if true, most strongly support which of the following conclusions?

(A) No student at this school has perfect attendance for the year.
(B) Some students at this school who did not earn all As also did not achieve perfect attendance this year.
(C) Torrey is the only student at this school who has some chance of being considered for the Perfect Student Scholarship this year.
(D) Every student at this school will be precluded from consideration for the Perfect Student Scholarship this year.
(E) Many students at this school have achieved perfect attendance for the year but have also received grades below an A.

Source: PowerScore CR bible
[Reveal] Spoiler: OA

Help with kudos if u found the post useful. Thanks

Expert Post
Math Expert
D
Re: To be considered for this year’s Perfect Student Scholarship, a studen [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Feb 2018, 22:26
To be considered for this year’s Perfect Student Scholarship, a student needs to have received an A in every class, and to have achieved a perfect attendance record for this year. Torrey is the only student in this school who has received As in all of her classes, but she has been absent three times this year.

para talks of two requirements for a student to be considered for some award..
Para further says that only one meets criteria of all As but falls short of at of other criteria..
Inference is clear-cut :- No one gets considered but let's see each choice.

The claims above, if true, most strongly support which of the following conclusions?

(A) No student at this school has perfect attendance for the year.
on attendance, we have no info except about the only person who got all As

(B) Some students at this school who did not earn all As also did not achieve perfect attendance this year.
Not necessary.....On attendance, we have no info except about the only person who got all As

(C) Torrey is the only student at this school who has some chance of being considered for the Perfect Student Scholarship this year.
There is no question of SOME chances. It is NO chance

(D) Every student at this school will be precluded from consideration for the Perfect Student Scholarship this year.
Correct.. none other than Terry got all As and Terry did not get the criteria of attendance.. so noone will be considered

(E) Many students at this school have achieved perfect attendance for the year but have also received grades below an A
on attendance, we have no info except about the only person who got all As.... So maybe none has got perfect attendance

D

Absolute modulus :http://gmatclub.com/forum/absolute-modulus-a-better-understanding-210849.html#p1622372
Combination of similar and dissimilar things : http://gmatclub.com/forum/topic215915.html

BANGALORE/-

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
G
To be considered for this year’s Perfect Student Scholarship, a studen [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Feb 2018, 22:32
Hi chetan2u,

As per my observations, you are quite good at this cause and effect relationships-quant as well as verbal.

Why don’t help us by making a better and easily understandable notes-a common notes for both? If it’s already available please direct to the notes. It’ll be helpful.

Posted from my mobile device

Expert Post
Math Expert
D
Re: To be considered for this year’s Perfect Student Scholarship, a studen [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Feb 2018, 07:56
Sasindran wrote:
Hi chetan2u,

As per my observations, you are quite good at this cause and effect relationships-quant as well as verbal.

Why don’t help us by making a better and easily understandable notes-a common notes for both? If it’s already available please direct to the notes. It’ll be helpful.

sure :-)
I am planning on making my notes but nothing as of now..

Absolute modulus :http://gmatclub.com/forum/absolute-modulus-a-better-understanding-210849.html#p1622372
Combination of similar and dissimilar things : http://gmatclub.com/forum/topic215915.html

BANGALORE/-

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
G

Show Tags

New post 03 Feb 2018, 07:59
chetan2u wrote:
Sasindran wrote:
Hi chetan2u,

sure :-)
I am planning on making my notes but nothing as of now..

Thanks. Hopefully before my D-day

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Re: To be considered for this year’s Perfect Student Scholarship, a studen   [#permalink] 03 Feb 2018, 07:59

To be considered for this year’s Perfect Student Scholarship, a studen

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap