Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 08:50 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 08:50

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manhattan Prep Instructor
Own Kudos [?]: 495 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
Schools: UCSD (Rady) - Class of 2011
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.7
WE:Education (Education)
Manhattan Prep Instructor
Own Kudos [?]: 495 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Schools: UCSD (Rady) - Class of 2011
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.7
WE:Education (Education)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: To Boost Verbal Score [#permalink]
rjacobsMGMAT wrote:
Hi Neeladevi, welcome to GMATClub! Maybe we can help you study more effectively, but we need to know more about why you are struggling. Exactly how have you studied? What part is most difficult for you? Do you run out of time?

My first tip to students struggling with Verbal is often "take organized notes when you study." Why did you miss that sentence correction question - was it because of parallelism? Modifiers? When you see that modifier next time, will you know what to do? What is the conclusion of this critical reasoning argument? Write it down. Maybe you could share your notes for some problems that you have done in the past with us so that we can help you.

Thanks for the quick response!!!

I have attached the analysis report generated via MGMAT online CAT exams..
Please have a look and help me out cracking the verbal part...

I will attach the analysis report of RC and SC in next post as only 2 attachments are allowed per post...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Neeladevi wrote:
rjacobsMGMAT wrote:
Hi Neeladevi, welcome to GMATClub! Maybe we can help you study more effectively, but we need to know more about why you are struggling. Exactly how have you studied? What part is most difficult for you? Do you run out of time?

My first tip to students struggling with Verbal is often "take organized notes when you study." Why did you miss that sentence correction question - was it because of parallelism? Modifiers? When you see that modifier next time, will you know what to do? What is the conclusion of this critical reasoning argument? Write it down. Maybe you could share your notes for some problems that you have done in the past with us so that we can help you.

Thanks for the quick response!!!

I have attached the analysis report generated via MGMAT online CAT exams..
Please have a look and help me out cracking the verbal part...

I will attach the analysis report of RC and SC in next post as only 2 attachments are allowed per post...

Please find the following assessment reports attached...
Attachments

Verbal_Analysis3.jpg
Verbal_Analysis3.jpg [ 60.21 KiB | Viewed 2288 times ]

Verbal_Analysis4.jpg
Verbal_Analysis4.jpg [ 78.7 KiB | Viewed 2306 times ]

Intern
Intern
Send PM
rjacobsMGMAT wrote:
Your RC is drastically worse than your SC and CR - close to random guessing. I would start by reviewing the principles of RC (the beginning of the MGMAT RC strategy guide is the source I know about, but there are many others too). Then start reviewing all the questions you missed, from easiest to hardest, and remember: STUDY SLOWLY. Don't move on until you understand everything about that problem. Why is the answer you picked wrong? Why is the right one right? Did you fall for a trap? Did you take bad notes? You need to figure it out before moving on.

Also, I noticed that the avg level right for your SC is equal to avg level wrong. This means that you are not missing because questions are hard, you are missing because you don't understand some of the topics. Remember that most SC problems test more than one issue: you may feel like you are doing well at SC because you always find a problem, but now you need to go back and check whether you are finding ALL the problems. As with RC: STUDY SLOWLY. Review everything before you try new problems to make sure you learn.

I hope this is enough to get you started. Maybe others here can help out too!

Thanks a lot!!!! :)
I will keep track of my error logs to get a better understanding!!

Archived Topic
Hi there,
This topic has been closed and archived due to inactivity or violation of community quality standards. No more replies are possible here.
Where to now? Join ongoing discussions on thousands of quality questions in our Verbal Questions Forum
Still interested in this question? Check out the "Best Topics" block above for a better discussion on this exact question, as well as several more related questions.
Thank you for understanding, and happy exploring!
GMAT Club Bot
Moderators:
Retired Moderator
654 posts
Current Student
733 posts
Current Student
278 posts