Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 13:20 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 13:20

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 520 [0]
Schools:Darden
 Q50  V51
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [0]
Schools:Berkeley Haas
 Q50  V44
Send PM
[#permalink]
Schedule it, it's gonna keep you motivated through the whole prep marathon. Just make sure you're aware where you are at the moment, so that you allocate a reasonable timespan for solid preparation.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 565 [0]
 Q50  V31
Send PM
[#permalink]
if its the first time you are taking the test... then schedule for the exam in accordance to the time you feel you may devote for studies.

take it within 3.5 months.... and make a point that you have to study atleast 2 hours a day....

best of luck

Amardeep
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Well

that is my point too :? .... scheduling might motivate you to work your ass off!!

But overall, i guess work around for 2 months, take a date that is 2 months from time and voila you have 4 months of prep under your belt!!
:shock:
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 107 [0]
 Q49  V45
Send PM
[#permalink]
I am having the same problem. I had originally thought I will do the exam mid march. Thank god I did not schedule it, work has suddenly gotten busy and I don't want to be in a position where I go into the test with less than enough focus or sleep the night before the exam.

I travel four days a week too, so ideally I would like a week where I can work from home before taking the exam on a Friday and the next two weeks are not it.

Rescheduling costs 50% of the exam, correct?
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 332 [0]
Send PM
Re: To Schedule or Not to Schedule [#permalink]
I began loosely prepping in early August of '06. This consisted of doing a few exercises (10-20 questions) and reviewing concepts.

Sometime in September, I tried to secure an early/mid December sitting for GMAT. Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately), it was all booked and the next time available was January '07. I completely stopped. I lost motivation and watched baseball.

After not prepping for almost a month, I realized I did NOT want the GMAT lingering over my head during the holidays, so I decided to get serious. I scheduled on the second week of Oct. for the Saturday following Thanksgiving. That gave me exactly 7 weeks. During most of these 7 weeks, I was studying intensely, 2hrs/day and 1 cat on sat + 2hrs reviewing on Sunday.

In all honesty, I think that's the only way to go. Ideally, I would like to have practiced some more, maybe 9-10 weeks. I was peaking towards the end of my prep.

You have to get the correct mixture of prep length and intensity to maximize your studies. Setting the date is the first step.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Scheduling makes it real - and one week before the test you can still change it - by that point you will know if you are ready or not.

I think putting the money down and preparing for a specific date makes a huge difference. I usually schedule within 3 weeks of test date so I am comfortable but not fully ready. This way in a week of two you can be ready and you wont have to sit around much before test day. By the end you just want to get it over with.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 43 [0]
 Q48  V38
Send PM
[#permalink]
I blv it costs $50 to re-schedule
I guess you could study for 4 weeks and then schedule
That's hwat I am planning
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]