Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 15:30 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 15:30

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 65 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 32878 [0]
Given Kudos: 4455
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 24
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
Send PM
Re: TOEFL Instructional videos - Very useful [#permalink]
This is rearding Q1 in Writing section. The video talks about a specific structure i.e. Opinion then Reason 1 etc etc. But on internet and Barron book I found different kinds of passages. Some where just explanatory biology passages or arts passages.

Can anyone please confirm in the real test what kind of passage comes...???
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Send PM
Thanks so much for these videos, they were very helpful. I watched them one day before my TOEFL test, and I scored 28 on the Speaking section and 29 on the Writing section!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
resh wrote:
I scored 27/30 for the speaking and 29/30 for writing and these videos are highly recommended reference material.

The best way to find mistakes in your speaking is to have a listening partner.
However, if you cant find one, my personal tip - just use a tape recorder , tape your speach and play back several times to improve on accent, tone, clarity etc.

Be sure to give a proper and clear conclusion for each speaking question.

the Internet explorer cannot open these questions!! what explorer is suitable for showing and downloading?
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 32878 [0]
Given Kudos: 4455
Send PM
nikiD wrote:
i just gave the toefl today. speaking question 3,4,5 and 6 templates matched perfectly with my exam questions. However, speaking questions 1 and 2 were different. I would suggest that people do not go into the exam room with premeditated answers for questions 1 and 2, because even though the questions were easy, i lost precious second due to the surprise factor.

For writing question 1, the template in the video fits perfectly and is highly recommended.
However, for writing question 2, I found the video provided to be of little use. Luckily, I found another great free resource online. I briefly studied from there for about 30-40 mins yesterday and I must say that I am very very happy about the independent essay I was able to write in my exam today.

https://www.english-itutor.com/TOEFL_writing_mentor.html
this is the link for that tutorial. it doesn't seem to be working now, but worked just fine for me yesterday. if it doesn't work, google the keywords ' toefl writing mentor '.

Ig you see my sticky post about the best links to tackle the TOEFL rainshaw is the first resource. However, the fact that now is offline concern me a lot because the exam is a bit changed and I have to retake because are expired the two years :(

Here you can see his youtube channel

https://www.youtube.com/user/Englishraven?feature=watch
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 121
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GPA: 3.1
Send PM
What an amazing resource.. I scored 107/120 R-25 L-27 S-27 W-28.. All thanks to this.. I studies for just 2 days.!!! I just cant believe my scores. Hats off to the instructor.. I owe my score to u sir.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Thanks for this, I'll use them for my preparations
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Thank you so very much for these videos. I gave my TOEFL recently and got 28 in writing and 27 in speaking.

I gave my TOEFL preps only 4 hours since I had my GMAT the previous day. All I did was view these videos. I had a map like this instructor suggests and that is what I drew in my break. I really liked the countdown for seconds that he provides.

I didn't even have time for much practice so I simply reviewed 5 questions of each kind for listening and recorded myself on my ipad and listened for review. By the time it was time for the test, the response construct was very familiar.

For writing, I didn't practice much. Chinese Burned's AWA and this video gives you a good structure and that should be enough.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I have exam in this month and this post is very helpful.
Thank you
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thank you, this was very helpful in the test.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GPA: 3.72
WE:Corporate Finance (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Hi guys,

Just wanted to share my experience with Notefull.

I applied to bschool this year and was really stressed with the speaking part. When I came across Notefull's free videos two days before the exam I just tried to memorize the strategies advocated and created templates for each question. Then just practiced the templates in 3 exams and it really worked.

I scored a solid 111/120 (R:28;L:28;S:29;W:26) and great part of the help came undoubtedly from Notefull. If I had found it earlier probably would have scored even better (I think I could have done better in the writing section). Even though the TOEFL is just a part of the application process, a good english level surely helps to get into top mba's. Happily I was admitted in London Business School's MBA programme beginning this August.

If you are interested in knowing more about Notefull please check its website: https://av107.isrefer.com/go/nfh/rsn64160/

Apart from the great free materials they have, there are a lot of paid courses (not that expensive). You can check them here: https://av107.isrefer.com/go/toefl-products/rsn64160/

Good luck to everyone!!

Cheers, Ricardo
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thank you for the useful videos. I watch one of them every day, they're really helpful. I'm going to take a TOEFL exam and if there are any other videos/materials like this, I'd be glad to learn about them.
Also, I want to ask if webinars are helpful, too. I'm asking, because I found this webinar on Karhanyan online school and if it is useful, please let me know. Otherwise, I don't want to waste my time.
Thanks in advance
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Healthcare, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V37
GMAT 2: 730 Q48 V41
WE:General Management (Health Care)
Send PM
Just got my TOEFL results, 118 out of 120, lost 2 points in the speaking section.
I've never had any problems with english, but after my GMAT experience (got a 750 on the eve before the exam and on the real thing got a 710) I decided not to take any chances. I took the TOEFL on a Saturday and spent from Wed-Fri at night studying for the exam.

Reading section >>
This should be one of the easiest, specially if you have already studied for the GMAT. Just don't waste time reading the whole thing before answering the questions, skip rightaway to the first question and if it's a specific question regarding the meaning of a word or something like that go straight to the right answer and don't lose time. Normally only the last question in each reading requires for a full understanding of the passage.
The session is rather easy in the end, just be careful with timing

Listening >>
I've listened to the practice questions on the sample exam ETS provides. It's rather easy, but you have to be careful not to lose focus during the passage. A good way I found to avoid this was to keep notes of everything in the order it showed in the passage. For most of the questions you won't use your notes, but it's a good solution if u tend to get distracted.

Speaking >>
This is where I spent some hours studying for real. Learn the structure of each question and how to structure your answer, these videos are great for this, but you also should be prepared for some small variations. Try spending some of the extra time in the reading/listening sections and also the break to prepare your answers for this part.
Also, this is a great website for practicing https://www.eng1on1.com/ibt.php?test=1

Writing >>
Same as AWA on GMAT, learn the structure you are using for each of the questions. The videos above should be enough. Try also to spare some free time to prepare your stucture ahead during the break or some extra minutes you get in the first sections.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
Informative knowledge
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 53 [0]
Given Kudos: 24
Send PM
great content. thank you for sharing it. how much do you charge for the entire course?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
THanks for this! I scored 18 / 18 on these two sections on my first test - hopefully this will help me score higher next time.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
www studentbounty com - you can get pastpapers here
Intern
Intern
Send PM