Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 00:29 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 00:29

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: Veritas Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 186 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 637 [0]
Given Kudos: 59
GPA: 2.5
WE:Operations (Hospitality and Tourism)
Send PM
Send PM
Re: Top Full time MBA-worth it for my career aspirations? [#permalink]
Expert Reply
You don't need to show up to b-school with tons of finance knowledge--that's why you're going back to school. Others will come bringing finance experience to the table. You simply offer something else. As for one year programs, it's generally not the best option unless you have a good bit of business education already (you didn't say if business was your undergrad major or not). Also consider this from Poets & Quants : "If you’re intent on picking up your MBA in a single year, your options of attending one of the very best schools in the world narrow considerably. In the U.S., for example, only nine of the top business schools ranked by Poets&Quants offer one-year options." I would say if you end up targeting one year programs, you should really only be looking at Kellogg, Emory and Cornell, and keep in mind it will leave some very significant gaps in your education vs. a PT or FT MBA program.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 637 [0]
Given Kudos: 59
GPA: 2.5
WE:Operations (Hospitality and Tourism)
Send PM
Hi Brian, thanks for your response. Briefly, I am a hotel school graduate with 12 years of experience, last 6 years into management operations. have done my distance learning diploma in business admin specialized in financial management. FT programs sounds scary, since I cant leave my job. PT programs, Canadian schools r prior considerations - since I am moving there. Richard Ivey is in my list. the school offers 1 year program, will it then suit to do PT/FT...or EMBA. UT is also on my list. US schools I will try, but not sure how it will work out for me, move to Canada and then study in US...
Send PM
Expert Reply
Generally its a good idea to go to school in the region where you plan to work, so I would agree that your plan to go to school in Canada has merit given your post MBA desire to work in Canada.
GMAT Club Bot