Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 13:19 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 13:19

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Senior PS Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 5205 [4]
Given Kudos: 47
GPA: 3.12
Send PM
Senior PS Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 5205 [0]
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10011 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10011 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Re: Calling Alberta University MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021 [#permalink]
Expert Reply
What's the opinion here on Alberta's fast track program? How is it different from conventional two year program?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [1]
Given Kudos: 120
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 640 Q42 V36
WE:Corporate Finance (Venture Capital)
Send PM
Re: Calling Alberta University MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021 [#permalink]
Kudos
I pursued an integrated course which gave me an MBA. Is Uni of Alberta averse to looking at such candidates?
Senior PS Moderator
Send PM
Hey flash14

I don't think that should be a problem while applying to Alberta. If you can explain
why you need the second MBA, I don't see why you should have any problem :)

All the best with your application. Do keep us informed how it goes for you!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Send PM
pushpitkc wrote:
Hey flash14

I don't think that should be a problem while applying to Alberta. If you can explain

Thanks Pushpit. I am working on writing a supplemental essay highlighting why I wish to pursue a second MBA. Do you have any idea about their placements in the financial services industry?
Senior PS Moderator
Send PM
Narenn wrote:
What's the opinion here on Alberta's fast track program? How is it different from conventional two year program?

If I am not wrong, the fast track MBA which can be completed in 10 months(if pursued full-time)
is accepting international candidates for the first time. Till last year, I remember it was available
only for candidates from US/Canada. If you were to ask me, it's like doing a one-year MBA :) :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
pushpitkc wrote:
Narenn wrote:

If I am not wrong, the fast track MBA which can be completed in 10 months(if pursued full-time)
is accepting international candidates for the first time. Till last year, I remember it was available
only for candidates from US/Canada. If you were to ask me, it's like doing a one-year MBA :) :)

pushpitkc - Getting a job might not be easy for international candidates in the fast track program. A conventional program will be better suited.
Senior PS Moderator
Send PM
flash14 wrote:
pushpitkc wrote:
Hey flash14

Thanks Pushpit. I am working on writing a supplemental essay highlighting why I wish to pursue a second MBA.
Do you have any idea about their placements in the financial services industry?

I would recommend you to reach out to the student ambassadors for placements statistics.

LINK: https://www.ualberta.ca/business/progra ... dorcontact
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Anyone applied as yet for round 1?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Its been a week since I have submitted my application. Anyone has any idea how long they take to get back with the first set of video essays?
Senior PS Moderator
Send PM
Stay calm for another couple of weeks at least. Btw, what is your profile like?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I have 6 years of experience across corporate finance and private equity in India with a gmat of 640. Post MBA wish to continue in the financial services industry with a focus on energy and natural resources industry. In one of the previous year forums I read that the admissions team has concerns about people wishing to pursue investment banking as a career. Would anyone have any insights on the same?
Senior PS Moderator
Send PM
I'm not sure I've heard anything like that. You seem like an ideal candidate as far as Alberta is concerned. You have their GMAT score. If you have been able to justify why Alberta is the school you need, you seem set for an admit. Stay calm and enjoy the journey.

Do let us know when you hear from them. All the best :)

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks for the encouraging words pushpitkc
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
GPA: 2.7
Send PM
pushpitkc wrote:
I'm not sure I've heard anything like that. You seem like an ideal candidate as far as Alberta is concerned. You have their GMAT score. If you have been able to justify why Alberta is the school you need, you seem set for an admit. Stay calm and enjoy the journey.

Hi pushpitkc,

I believe what flash14 said seems correct. In the Alberta MBA forum of 2016 intake, someone mentioned their interest in IB and AM profiles. He had a good profile+ CFA cert. Even before reaching to the video essay stage he got a rejection letter. Upon asking the admissions committee he got to know that adcoms were not sure if this was the right school to pursue the dream. He was suggested to apply to colleges near Toronto for that.

Even I am interested in IB. I am done with my Alberta Essay and now this :( What to do? (My deadline is 30th October).
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Delorad wrote:
pushpitkc wrote:

Hi pushpitkc,

I believe what flash14 said seems correct. In the Alberta MBA forum of 2016 intake, someone mentioned their interest in IB and AM profiles. He had a good profile+ CFA cert. Even before reaching to the video essay stage he got a rejection letter. Upon asking the admissions committee he got to know that adcoms were not sure if this was the right school to pursue the dream. He was suggested to apply to colleges near Toronto for that.

Even I am interested in IB. I am done with my Alberta Essay and now this :( What to do? (My deadline is 30th October).

Hi Delorad,

If you see the Alberta website they do talk about investment banking and energy finance as a profession. I dont think you should worry too much.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
GPA: 2.7
Send PM
flash14 wrote:
Delorad wrote:
pushpitkc wrote:

Hi pushpitkc,

Hi Delorad,

If you see the Alberta website they do talk about investment banking and energy finance as a profession. I dont think you should worry too much.

Hi, thats there too. Lets see :)
Did you submit your application?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [1]
Send PM
Delorad wrote:
flash14 wrote:
Delorad wrote:
[quote="pushpitkc"]I'm not sure I've heard anything like that. You seem like an ideal candidate as far as Alberta is concerned. You have their GMAT score. If you have been able to justify why Alberta is the school you need, you seem set for an admit. Stay calm and enjoy the journey.

Hi pushpitkc,

Hi Delorad,

Hi, thats there too. Lets see :)
Did you submit your application?[/quote]

Yes...when do you submit

GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   3   4   5   6   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6919 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts