Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 08:32 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 08:32

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 364 [0]
Given Kudos: 109
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V37
GMAT 2: 680 Q45 V38
GMAT 3: 710 Q45 V42
GPA: 3.32
WE:Information Technology (Retail)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Finance, Technology
GRE 1: Q770 V670
GPA: 3.3
WE:Project Management (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 197 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
Is not visiting tuck a huge liability? I'm applying there for january round but can't visit due to financial constraints (i'm not on the east coast). Should I discuss this in the optional essay?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Technology
GRE 1: Q770 V670
GPA: 3.3
WE:Project Management (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
They specifically ask for reasons not to visit in the online application. May be there you can spell out some reasons/constraints.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools: Yale '15 (M)
GPA: 3.51
WE:Marketing (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Perhaps they'll start inviting people for Interviews only after they have reviewed everyone else who made the campus visit/self-initiated interview...? If I were in their shoes I'd most likely do that -- prioritize those who prioritized me.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
Concentration: General Management, Technology
WE:Project Management (Internet and New Media)
Send PM
jason12e wrote:
Perhaps they'll start inviting people for Interviews only after they have reviewed everyone else who made the campus visit/self-initiated interview...? If I were in their shoes I'd most likely do that -- prioritize those who prioritized me.

I doubt that the adcom sorts applications in that order. One person reported an interview invite just 6 days after the EA deadline.

Frankly, I believe they can invite you anytime between now and december barring maybe a 1-2 week lock down befire the accouncement date. Keep your hopes up and don't read too much into it :)
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 329 [0]
Given Kudos: 175
Schools: Johnson (Cornell) - Class of 2015
WE:Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Send PM
Something else to keep in mind: the deadline for applicant initiated interviews is 10/31 for the EA round, so there are still folks that have submitted their application by 10/10 and their application won't be complete until they get to campus to interview before Halloween. This is different than the November round, where the deadline to submit AND interview is November 7.

Was this helpful? Probably not :P
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 23
Schools: Booth '15 (A)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
Send PM
Shawshank wrote:
Is not visiting tuck a huge liability? I'm applying there for january round but can't visit due to financial constraints (i'm not on the east coast). Should I discuss this in the optional essay?

I did EA, based on the west coast, and did not self-initiate an interview. Do not state financial constraints as a reason - it just doesn't hold much weight given that 1. you have a job and 2. you're about to sacrifice a tons of $$ for b-school, what's another $500-$1000?

I was very forthcoming with my reasoning: I told them I'm very interested in Tuck, and have attended an info session in my city, but I would rather Tuck express interest in me first before I go on campus to interview.

Just got an interview invite today :) Now I have to figure out if I can actually fly to Hanover within the next two weeks or just go with a skype interview.
Manager
Manager
Schools: Yale '15 (M)
WE:Marketing (Telecommunications)
Send PM
dwinters wrote:
Shawshank wrote:

I did EA, based on the west coast, and did not self-initiate an interview. Do not state financial constraints as a reason - it just doesn't hold much weight given that 1. you have a job and 2. you're about to sacrifice a tons of $$ for b-school, what's another $500-$1000?

I was very forthcoming with my reasoning: I told them I'm very interested in Tuck, and have attended an info session in my city, but I would rather Tuck express interest in me first before I go on campus to interview.

Just got an interview invite today :) Now I have to figure out if I can actually fly to Hanover within the next two weeks or just go with a skype interview.

That's cool! Congratulations on your interview invite. I wish I had thought of that answer. Hahaha!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
Hi Guyz,

I submitted my ED application on 09 Oct, but still the status is "Submission Status: Submitted"

All the relevant document/forms are shown as received though.

Some postings from folks who got interview invitations make me nervous. Too soon to expect ding?
Or Can anyone who got interview invitation tells me how the status is shown in the website?

This waiting game is killing me a little by little as time goes by.
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: CPA
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Send PM
shushu wrote:
Hi Guyz,

I submitted my ED application on 09 Oct, but still the status is "Submission Status: Submitted"

All the relevant document/forms are shown as received though.

Some postings from folks who got interview invitations make me nervous. Too soon to expect ding?
Or Can anyone who got interview invitation tells me how the status is shown in the website?

This waiting game is killing me a little by little as time goes by.

My status is the same as yours, I received an email notification with no change to my status.

I was told to complete my interview by 11/8, I would say if you do not hear anything after that then a ding is more likely. But right now it is too soon. Good luck
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
Schools: Duke '15 (M$)
GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V42
Send PM
Got an interview invite last night! Have sent an email asking for a skype interview.

Would have loved to visit, but being halfway across the world doesn't help. Also, work is HECTIC right now, and being away for 3 days is just impossible!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 168 [0]
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V35
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V42
Send PM
Squish wrote:
Got an interview invite last night! Have sent an email asking for a skype interview.

Would have loved to visit, but being halfway across the world doesn't help. Also, work is HECTIC right now, and being away for 3 days is just impossible!

Congrats! and very interesting. You are the second Indian to receive an invite in a short time span of two weeks. Anxiety up!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
str1der wrote:
Squish wrote:

Congrats! and very interesting. You are the second Indian to receive an invite in a short time span of two weeks. Anxiety up!

Firstly, congratulations on the invite. Best of luck.

I wonder if Tuck has given up on alumni interviews? Definitely there must be some alum available to interview in India (I derived from the two comments that you are Indian and probably based in India).
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 168 [0]
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V35
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V42
Send PM
mgec wrote:
str1der wrote:
Squish wrote:

Firstly, congratulations on the invite. Best of luck.

I wonder if Tuck has given up on alumni interviews? Definitely there must be some alum available to interview in India (I derived from the two comments that you are Indian and probably based in India).

All interviews are done by admissions staff
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
str1der wrote:

All interviews are done by admissions staff

Two years ago, I interviewed with an alum overseas. On campus interviews were conducted then mostly by second year students. It will be interesting how they conduct Skype interviews with candidates based in countries where Skype is banned.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Schools: Tuck '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
WE:Operations (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
str1der wrote:
Squish wrote:

My application was completed only on Tuesday evening. Surprised people have already got interview invites. Maybe they submitted early ?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
Send PM
My application has been completed since Sep 20. With each passing day, I think that my chance has come and gone. However, I see that people who have got calls submitted closed to the deadline. So, maybe they are going about the applications in a random order, I certainly hope so.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: General Management, Economics
GMAT 1: 770 Q49 V50
GPA: 3.92
WE:Project Management (Other)
Send PM
icecube6000 wrote:
My application has been completed since Sep 20. With each passing day, I think that my chance has come and gone. However, I see that people who have got calls submitted closed to the deadline. So, maybe they are going about the applications in a random order, I certainly hope so.

I'm pretty sure as recently as last year they were still printing out applications and reading them on paper. Not sure if they have changed this yet, but even if it is digital now, there is a good chance your application may be reviewed more by order of where it fell in the pile, than when it was actually received. I've also never heard a school specifically say if they start reviewing applications before the deadline. I know they are pretty busy in the fall with travel for recruiting, etc.

If I were waiting for an interview invite I would wait until at least mid-November before I broke out the cyanide tablets. :wink:
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  13   14   15   16   17   18   19  ...  60   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts