Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 04:19 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 04:19

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Healthcare and Operations
Schools:Michigan
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 332 [0]
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Concentration: Healthcare and Operations
Schools:Michigan
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 264 [0]
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
Schools:Berkeley Haas
Send PM
Re: UC Berkeley (Haas) Part-Time [#permalink]
The age range for their 2008 PT MBA class was 24 - 46 and middle 80% had a work-ex range of 5-12 yrs..
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
BTW, do you have to take a statistics class just to apply to that school?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi,

I'm also applying to Haas' PT program. The stat class is only required if you do not meet their quantitative requirements (check website). You can also take a waiver exam. However, I would wait until you hear back from the admissions office before committing to a class.

Good luck!
disco
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Givemedisco wrote:
Hi,

I'm also applying to Haas' PT program. The stat class is only required if you do not meet their quantitative requirements (check website). You can also take a waiver exam. However, I would wait until you hear back from the admissions office before committing to a class.

Good luck!
disco

Count me in 2. Applied in R2. Reading other posts, i feel underage :|
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Givemedisco wrote:
The stat class is only required if you do not meet their quantitative requirements (check website).

I just wanted to point out that the above isn't correct. There is a separate statistics requirement and a college-level mathematics requirement. See:

ewmba.haas.berkeley.edu/admissions/requirements.html

You have to either have taken an accepted statistics class with a grade of B or better in the past 5 years, or passed the waiver exam. There is no quantitative requirement that gets you out of the statistics requirement.

I applied R1 and am waiting anxiously for February 5th. I'm also taking the statistics waiver exam on January 29th... busy month.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I've been told by past students that Haas will call admitted students just a few days before the Feb 5th decisions are released online. Just curious whether anyone else has heard this. If so, has anyone received any calls?

disco
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I applied for round 1, and had two interviews. I still haven't heard about admission. How nerve-racking!

I have a piece of advice for people for their interviews: have a very good definition of why you want your MBA. Even if you want to spend your time in school exploring some options, it doesn't come across very well to say that. Pick a subject/niche that you are most interested in or knowledgeable about and focus on that for your interview. It makes you stand out more in their minds.

I had a breakdown of the first interview's questions on my blog: oscia.tumblr [dot] com
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Givemedisco wrote:
I've been told by past students that Haas will call admitted students just a few days before the Feb 5th decisions are released online. Just curious whether anyone else has heard this. If so, has anyone received any calls?

disco

I applied in R2...interviewed last week. Any idea when the decisions for R2 EWMBA will be out?

- MM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
moneyminter wrote:
Givemedisco wrote:

disco

I applied in R2...interviewed last week. Any idea when the decisions for R2 EWMBA will be out?

- MM

Not to be rude, but how can you apply to a program and not know their deadlines?

ewmba.haas.berkeley.edu/admissions/faq.html

April 2nd.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
ZildjianKX wrote:
moneyminter wrote:
Givemedisco wrote:

disco

- MM

Not to be rude, but how can you apply to a program and not know their deadlines?

ewmba.haas.berkeley.edu/admissions/faq.html

April 2nd.

Ahh...sorry for not being specific. I heard that they call the selected applicants and inform them before the decisions are actually mailed. Any idea abt this?

- MM

:drunk
Intern
Intern
Send PM
moneyminter wrote:

Ahh...sorry for not being specific. I heard that they call the selected applicants and inform them before the decisions are actually mailed. Any idea abt this?

- MM

:drunk

Sorry, I didn't mean to come across as harsh, I'm still in a bad mood from not getting an R1 invite. They said on the official forums that calls aren't going out for R1 until the date scheduled, so I'm guessing it's the same for R2. Good luck!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
ZildjianKX wrote:
moneyminter wrote:

- MM

Sorry, I didn't mean to come across as harsh, I'm still in a bad mood from not getting an R1 invite. They said on the official forums that calls aren't going out for R1 until the date scheduled, so I'm guessing it's the same for R2. Good luck!

No worries !! Good luck to you too

- MM

Back to routine :drunk
Intern
Intern
Send PM
i'm also aiming to apply, but R3 '10 (anyone know if going R3 diminishes my chances significantly? I've heard that it doesn't for EWMBA, but maybe for FT). also exploring options for the math requirements. R3 applicants have it harder because we're encouraged to enroll into the courses before we get adcom's decisions.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
moneyminter wrote:
Givemedisco wrote:

disco

- MM

Any one in R2 hear back yet?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
2010orBust wrote:
moneyminter wrote:
Givemedisco wrote:

disco

- MM

We won't until April 2nd.
Intern
Intern
Send PM

- MM[/quote]

Any one in R2 hear back yet?[/quote]

We won't until April 2nd.[/quote]

I read in the Full time posts and the admits got calls starting from 15th March. Though the decision was to be out on 17th. In case anyone receives any notificaton make sure to reply to this post.

- MM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
moneyminter wrote:

- MM

We won't until April 2nd.

I read in the Full time posts and the admits got calls starting from 15th March. Though the decision was to be out on 17th. In case anyone receives any notificaton make sure to reply to this post.

- MM

I spoke to some E&W MBA students during a class visit and they mentioned that they received phone calls 1-2 days prior to the posted notification date.
    GMAT Club Bot
     1   2   3