Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 01:46 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 01:46

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [1]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 410 [1]
Given Kudos: 19
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
Re: UCD Msc Finance a good a option and are there any jobs in Dublin ? [#permalink]
Kudos
uditnanerd wrote:
srijanbansal wrote:
I am looking to apply for Msc Finance in UCD. I am worried about the finance job prospects out there. I am looking for pure finance jobs like a analyst in Private Equity and Investment Banking

Hi Srijan,

I have applied into the same course and I am confident about their response. But from what I have heard, it gets difficult for Non EU Students to land a job straightaway. Most financial centric jobs are usually not available so settling for a different position is something which many students do. CS and Data Science students get jobs easily. But getting into a FS in Ireland is difficult since their silicon valley is still just getting established and they usually prefer an EU Student when it comes to that.

Posted from my mobile device

This is helpful. I have also applied, lets see till waiting for their response. But don't you think UCD being such a esteemed university would land you a job. I am aware of the opportunities for CS and Data Science, but it is too late to change my background. But either ways thanks for your response
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [1]
Send PM
UCD Msc Finance a good a option and are there any jobs in Dublin ? [#permalink]
Kudos
srijanbansal wrote:
uditnanerd wrote:
srijanbansal wrote:
I am looking to apply for Msc Finance in UCD. I am worried about the finance job prospects out there. I am looking for pure finance jobs like a analyst in Private Equity and Investment Banking

Hi Srijan,

I have applied into the same course and I am confident about their response. But from what I have heard, it gets difficult for Non EU Students to land a job straightaway. Most financial centric jobs are usually not available so settling for a different position is something which many students do. CS and Data Science students get jobs easily. But getting into a FS in Ireland is difficult since their silicon valley is still just getting established and they usually prefer an EU Student when it comes to that.

This is helpful. I have also applied, lets see till waiting for their response. But don't you think UCD being such a esteemed university would land you a job. I am aware of the opportunities for CS and Data Science, but it is too late to change my background. But either ways thanks for your response

Of course. UCD is great university and they have established contacts from all around. But usually in Europe the financial courses are limited to the European market. Plus the firms with core FS jobs will usually prefer a EU student since it is way too cheaper. But hey, getting a job is not easy in any country. So it doesn't mean that Ireland doesn't have anything for International Students. From what I've heard from a few alumnis of UCD, TCD and NUI that most students get placed within 3 months after the course completion, but the jobs are not centric to the core fields. It's like if you have studied Quant Finance and you're looking for front market trading opportunities then there is a chance that you might not get it, and you would have to settle for a job in a different field like accounting because of the education loan clearance desperation. That has happened with people I know but there are a few who made it out and are settled in Germany after completing a degree in UCD. Just saying it's a possibility so I'm keeping all my options open
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
UCD Msc Finance a good a option and are there any jobs in Dublin ? [#permalink]
:thumbup:

Originally posted by sea12345 on 27 Jan 2019, 01:15.
Last edited by sea12345 on 01 Jun 2019, 01:54, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
Re: UCD Msc Finance a good a option and are there any jobs in Dublin ? [#permalink]
Shazad wrote:
Hi,
I have been accepted into the msc finance programme at UCD and am curious about the job prospects after the course. Cause this is arguably the best programme in Ireland and one of the few in the world.
I have a 1 year experience in equity research.

Hi Shahzad,

Congratulations. Job prospects are great after the course but it all depends on which field you want to pursue. And if you are stuck with that field then it might test your patience but the results are fruitful. Although most people don't opt for the patience and find a job in a different field altogether due to many reasons. By the way, when did you receive the offer from UCD ?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
A week back. Have you applied as well?

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
Shazad wrote:
A week back. Have you applied as well?

Yes. I applied in Finance and Quant Finance both
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Senior Moderator - Masters Forum
3137 posts