Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 00:54 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 00:54

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V45
GPA: 3.66
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Status:<strong>Nothing comes easy: neither do I want.</strong>
Own Kudos [?]: 3594 [0]
Given Kudos: 235
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
Schools: ISB '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V31
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V35
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V45
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Status:<strong>Nothing comes easy: neither do I want.</strong>
Own Kudos [?]: 3594 [0]
Given Kudos: 235
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
Schools: ISB '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V31
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V35
Send PM
Re: UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
thebdouglas wrote:
Thanks for the response. A big part of the issue for me is the post grad career prospects. I would like to move into consulting while exploring entrepreneurial ventures. The GSB offers an unparalleled entrepreneurial focus, but will also allow me to transition into a consulting position at a top notch company and thus continue my learning and growth while there.
Anderson obviously does not have as much access to the top consulting firms but does place grads there....for me it comes down to whether I feel my career prospects will be hurt enough to counteract the $$$ (btw it is $60K). I feel the GSB would more than make up the difference $$, but also leave me in a position to really pursue my passion. Sloan and Haas are both great. Sloan has a great focus on entrepreneurship and Haas has a great setup for picking up great consulting skills, but with what I am looking at doing it is difficult to say if either will suit me better (the GSB is the only one I have fallen love with).

The tipping point for me may be location...love California and would like to work there afterwards, so building my network in California while in school does appeal to me.
I will still pursue all the WL schools, but also want to have an idea of what I could be getting into @ Anderson vs other schools I am still considering. Another peril of the B school process.

Wow 60k is good :P .... But you can recover 60k with GSB is no time. Since GSB is your dream school, you should definitely go ahead and join. Do not bother scholarships.
Anderson with 60k and haas without $$ is a tough choice. Unless you are not financially weak, you should consider the school with better post grad value.
In my case I would have chosen anderson over haas, because of financial problems. But if u can manage fee and you think Haas can provide u better future- go ahead. You do not want to end up in a situation in which u study at anderson but your heart lies somewhere else.

I think your priority LIST is GSB, Haas, Sloan, Anderson. But the scholarship made the anderson's place unstable.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
Send PM
thebdouglas wrote:
A few questions for anyone with some experience regarding the topic:
I was admitted to Anderson with a fellowship, although I am not aware of the name of the fellowship (if there is one), just the amount.
Does having this fellowship on a resume offer a leg up over a standard grad? How would it compare to someone coming from a more prestigious school with no fellowship? I am WL @ GSB, SLOAN, & Haas, so I am considering all my options.
Will this fellowship be a specific fellowship or is it more of a general scholarship?
Does Anderson offer much more in the line of scholarships etc? I tried researching it on the site but I did not find many links to other aid like Haas has.

Any opinions from people who have been in similar situations? I would take the GSB without money any day of the week, but am unsure on the others.

Thanks!

Hey there,

If I were in your situation, it would be a no-brainer for me. I would go to GSB (assuming the WL thing works out). Personally, I won't put money ahead of my dreams. $60k can be easily recovered after you get a job. Such questions have been discussed at several places in the forum and I would suggest that you look at the discussions. Cheetarah1980 and some others have made some good points on this page:

kellogg-tuck-yale-som-darden-tepper-chicago-wl-144619.html

You situation is different from what they are discussing in the thread, but, the points made might be applicable to you as well.

All the best !
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
cognizant2001 wrote:
PDX105 wrote:
whathowhatho wrote:
For those R1 who were not yet invited to interview (like me:( - if you check the last year thread, there is still hope - even for internationals.

Right on, whathowhatho!

Guys,

I hope this would give you some hope, I did get an invite on January, 2nd. Sorry for posting so late, had four deadlines between 2nd and the 9th.

All the best !

any updates from the "waiting on an interview invite" crew? Not feeling good
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
mm2000 wrote:

Same status here. With only 9 days left to the results deadline, I get a feeling that its over :(
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
GPA: 3.82
WE:Operations (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
isthereanyleft wrote:
mm2000 wrote:

Same status here. With only 9 days left to the results deadline, I get a feeling that its over :(

Sad, but true. A real shame too, since I (like all of us) put a lot of effort and time into this application. But, it's never over 'till it's over. #nextwednesday
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
WE:Consulting (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Send PM
Hey, Did anyone interviewed before holidays hear back from adcom. I know that we (I am in the same boat) would probably not hear before the next Wed but wanted to check.
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [0]
Given Kudos: 347
Send PM
Expert Reply
mudit234 wrote:
Hey, Did anyone interviewed before holidays hear back from adcom. I know that we (I am in the same boat) would probably not hear before the next Wed but wanted to check.

The only people who have heard back are those in the December early admit group. I think the rest of us, regardless if you interviewed before or after the holidays, will hear back next Wednesday.

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Send PM
aerien wrote:
mudit234 wrote:

The only people who have heard back are those in the December early admit group. I think the rest of us, regardless if you interviewed before or after the holidays, will hear back next Wednesday.

I think so too.. Any idea if (out of R1 admits) more admits are given in the early admit group or in the other one?
Board of Directors
Send PM
Expert Reply
I think it's a smaller group -- it seems most early admits got $$$ so maybe they're the cream of the crop who UCLA didn't want other schools to take :-D

Manager
Manager
Send PM
aerien wrote:
I think it's a smaller group -- it seems most early admits got $$$ so maybe they're the cream of the crop who UCLA didn't want other schools to take :-D

That sue sounds good :P :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
GPA: 4
Send PM
PDX105 wrote:
isthereanyleft wrote:
mm2000 wrote:

Sad, but true. A real shame too, since I (like all of us) put a lot of effort and time into this application. But, it's never over 'till it's over. #nextwednesday

Yep:) And there was a very optimistic post about last year - that there were people who got invites in the last week! Well, I mean in addition to the application, I have already wrote an email couple of weeks ago to address a point that could be considered as weak and got a reply that it is a great topic for the interview, if invited - and the invitations are still being sent. Did my best, hope UCLA does the rest.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
Schools: CBS '16 (M)
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V46
Send PM
Anyone have their recs disappear yet? Mine have not and I don't expect anyone's to yet; figured I'd put it out there to see if gears are turning for anyone...

Board of Directors
Send PM
Expert Reply
MrAlpaca wrote:
Anyone have their recs disappear yet? Mine have not and I don't expect anyone's to yet; figured I'd put it out there to see if gears are turning for anyone...

Oof...I'm not opening up that can of worms until the 22nd. Going to enjoy MLK weekend without worrying about such things :)

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [0]
Given Kudos: 25
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Marketing
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
I wouldn't read into recs disappearing this time. I believe the space will be replaced by the link to your decision outcome, regardless of what it is.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
MrAlpaca wrote:

Mine haven't yet..
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Concentration: Strategy, Other
GMAT 1: 660 Q47 V34
GPA: 3.32
WE:Editorial and Writing (Entertainment and Sports)
Send PM
Application submitted Tuesday, Jan 8 for Round 2. A HUGE congrats to those already admitted and wish everyone who has applied all the best!

8-)

Cheers!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Do I considered as R2 applicant for Anderson? My status saying:

APPLICATION STATUS: SUBMITTED
Submitted Date: 1/9/2013 12:20:00 AM EST

It doesn't have any notification that I belongs to R2 applicant....
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  18   19   20   21   22   23   24  ...  48   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts