Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 09:56 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 09:56

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.66
WE:Consulting (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V38
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 148 [0]
Given Kudos: 35
GMAT 1: 780 Q49 V50
WE:Research (Other)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 55
GPA: 3.5
WE:Operations (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Re: UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
aerien wrote:
rjdunn03 wrote:
Hey guys i was looking over my submitted UCLA application and I noticed that there is a mistake on the resume i uploaded.

While drafting the resume I had a bullet point that says I did such and such things "...to improve efficiency, resulting in XXX in savings." It literally says XXX. I had put that there planning to put the figures in once I calculated it all out precisely. I later did that, but apparently when I was filling out the application I didn't upload the updated version.

I e-mailed the admissions office explaining the error and giving them the correction. This is the response I got back:

Thank you for applying to UCLA Anderson. Unfortunately, changes cannot be made once you have submitted an application.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Anyone have any thoughts on this? How will the error be viewed by admissions?

This is very typical of most every school. Once your application is submitted, it's done. You can't change anything. The onus was on you to check your application before you submitted it and now what's done is done. All you can do is wait to see if you've been invited to interview or not.

Based on everyone's experiences throughout GmatClub, a few minor errors like this can be overlooked and won't cause you to be dinged. Applications are looked at holistically so there are many factors that go into a final decision -- not just a missing bullet on your resume or a typo in an essay.

Good luck!

Good luck everybody!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 113 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: Finance
Schools: UCLA (Anderson) - Class of 2014
Send PM
FYI, the Latest Intake data on this thread is wrong. At least a year outdated. Anderson's most up to date intake info can be found here:

https://www.anderson.ucla.edu/x27471.xml
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Invited to interview. Email went out this evening. On-campus and Skype interviews available.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 148 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
WE:Consulting (Computer Software)
Send PM
applied 40 minutes late for R1, not sure if i guess i will be considered for R2
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 630 Q45 V33
GMAT 2: 670 Q45 V38
GRE 1: Q158 V152

GRE 2: Q160 V155
GPA: 3.2
WE:Analyst (Accounting)
Send PM
rjdunn03 wrote:
Hey guys i was looking over my submitted UCLA application and I noticed that there is a mistake on the resume i uploaded.

While drafting the resume I had a bullet point that says I did such and such things "...to improve efficiency, resulting in XXX in savings." It literally says XXX. I had put that there planning to put the figures in once I calculated it all out precisely. I later did that, but apparently when I was filling out the application I didn't upload the updated version.

I e-mailed the admissions office explaining the error and giving them the correction. This is the response I got back:

Thank you for applying to UCLA Anderson. Unfortunately, changes cannot be made once you have submitted an application.

Contact somebody directly at admissions. Here is one contact you can try:

alex.lawrence@anderson.ucla.edu

He is the assistant dean, director of MBA admissions at Anderson.
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [0]
Given Kudos: 347
Send PM
Expert Reply
ProfessorX wrote:
rjdunn03 wrote:

I'm not sure this will help. You've already emailed adcom and they told you no changes will be accepted. Emailing a Dean could annoy them and he'll likely tell you the same thing you've heard before.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Schools:Stanford, Booth, UCLA, Kellogg
 Q50  V46
Send PM
Received my invite yesterday afternoon. Good luck everyone!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
Send PM
Does anyone know if Anderson invites around a certain date or sporadically? Congrats to those who are invited!

Manager
Manager
Send PM
rjdunn03 wrote:

i would not repeatedly bother Adcom about this. there are two considerations:

1. will they possibly not notice this typo?
if so, do NOT remind them! i had a mistake on my resume for another school and i was informed by an admissions consultant who worked on an adcom, that she is willing to bet 75% the chance the school would not notice. my mistake was at the end of my resume under interest, so it is obviously less likely to be picked up.

2. if they do notice the typo
adcom knows that people make mistakes. while it is definitely not good, the will understand. as long as you are not typo-prone and have mistakes all over the place----that indicates you are sloppy. repeatedly bugging adcom about it will make you look insecure.

i understand your anxiety my friend. i was in your boat about a month ago or so, after i discovered my mistake. i had reviewed my resume multiple times and even had two friends look at it, and they didnt notice at all. if you had the same QC procedure and did not see it, you can be comfortable that the adcom may not notice it either.

it is important to forget about it. do not stay up all night. i was angry for like a day or so. after that i was like, screw it! :P

Originally posted by bodu on 03 Nov 2012, 08:38.
Last edited by bodu on 03 Nov 2012, 08:39, edited 1 time in total.
Board of Directors
Send PM
Expert Reply
bodu wrote:
Does anyone know if Anderson invites around a certain date or sporadically? Congrats to those who are invited!

Not sure if they favor sending invites on one day or another but they definitely send them out over a long period of time... Results don't come out until January, so it's feasible that invites could still go out up to that point.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
aerien wrote:
bodu wrote:

Not sure if they favor sending invites on one day or another but they definitely send them out over a long period of time... Results don't come out until January, so it's feasible that invites could still go out up to that point.

when i spoke with the dean of admissions at an info session, he said interview invites would come out in january. back then i did not seek clarification, but i dont think he heard me clearly.

i also heard that UCLA application is "rolling", which means that they start reviewing applicants as soon as they submit. i submitted the day before R1 deadline. Now i just hope they have not gotten to me yet, and it is why i have not seen an interview invite.

Originally posted by bodu on 03 Nov 2012, 08:41.
Last edited by bodu on 03 Nov 2012, 08:55, edited 1 time in total.
Board of Directors
Send PM
Expert Reply
It's the beginning of November -- UCLA's application deadline was basically a week ago! There is still lots of time for invites. It's the weekend: stop thinking about this and go relax! :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 630 Q45 V33
GMAT 2: 670 Q45 V38
GRE 1: Q158 V152

GRE 2: Q160 V155
GPA: 3.2
WE:Analyst (Accounting)
Send PM
aerien wrote:
ProfessorX wrote:
rjdunn03 wrote:

I'm not sure this will help. You've already emailed adcom and they told you no changes will be accepted. Emailing a Dean could annoy them and he'll likely tell you the same thing you've heard before.

Yeah I guess maybe contacting adcom again may not help, but I met Alex in person, and he seemed really nice and helpful. It's a tough call. Yeah, MAYBE adcom won't notice, but at this point you have already told them that there is a mistake on your resume, so now they may be looking for it. But it's not like the XXX savings is going to change your resume dramatically. I'd say its a non-issue. Like others have said, if you have grammatical errors and mistakes all across your application, then yes, you're probably out of the running. Adcom won't judge you based on ONE mistake. Just sit back, relax, and I'm positive you will get an interview still!!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
Send PM
Invited to interview.
Board of Directors
Send PM
Expert Reply
stayfrosty6 wrote:
Invited to interview.

Congratulations, stayfrosty! When did you submit your app? Let's see if our "first in first out" theory still applies...

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
Send PM
aerien wrote:
stayfrosty6 wrote:
Invited to interview.

Congratulations, stayfrosty! When did you submit your app? Let's see if our "first in first out" theory still applies...

Thanks aerien. Submitted the night before the deadline. I think it was already Oct 24th when I submitted. I'm pretty sure they send out rolling invites as they read applications.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: General Management, Marketing
Send PM
Submitted my app Tue, Oct 23, 2012 around 8pm. Received interview invite on Friday (11/2). There were not many options available for on-campus interview slots!
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  48   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts