Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 01:05 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 01:05

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
Schools:Stanford R1(W/o Int), HBS R1(W/o Int), Kellogg R1(Ding), Haas R2(W/o Int), Wharton R2(W/o Int), Darden(W/o Int)
 Q50  V41
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, General Management, New Product Development, Entrepreneurship
Schools:UCLA FEMBA
GMAT 2: 650
GPA: 3.588
WE 1: LL
WE 2: USC
Send PM
Re: UCLA FEMBA [#permalink]
Quote:
@abhinavsarna: During the call Dylan mentioned that calls go out on thursday as well as friday so hopefully you will get in today. Good luck.

Fingers Crossed!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Congratulations leah
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi Guys,

I am in too!!

Little confused between CMU Teppper and UCLA Anderson. Please suggest.

A little about my self any my goals.

I am working in software industry since 5 years. I want to grow as a business leader in short/medium term and simultaneously want to start something on my own. I would like to be an entrepreneur and venture capaitalist in long term.

Please advise.

Thanks in advance,
- MM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
moneyminter wrote:
Hi Guys,

I am in too!!

I am working in software industry since 5 years. I want to grow as a business leader in short/medium term and simultaneously want to start something on my own. I would like to be an entrepreneur and venture capaitalist in long term.

Please advise.

Thanks in advance,
- MM

Congratulations.

Are you referring to CMU PT or FT?

If you want to live in California or West Coast, then I would think UCLA would have far greater advantage in terms of networking as most UCLA Anderson graduates stay in the West Coast. Conversely, if you want to be in the Pittsburgh area, then I would say CMU.

I had to choose between a top 15 FT MBA in the East Cost vs UCLA FEMBA. I had dig deep down to understand my own priorities in life and staying and living in LA came close to the top. Plus, going to a PT made more sense for me financially.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
JinJJa wrote:
moneyminter wrote:
Hi Guys,

I am in too!!

Please advise.

Thanks in advance,
- MM

Congratulations.

If you want to live in California or West Coast, then I would think UCLA would have far greater advantage in terms of networking as most UCLA Anderson graduates stay in the West Coast. Conversely, if you want to be in the Pittsburgh area, then I would say CMU.

I had to choose between a top 15 FT MBA in the East Cost vs UCLA FEMBA. I had dig deep down to understand my own priorities in life and staying and living in LA came close to the top. Plus, going to a PT made more sense for me financially.

Thanks for the reply. I got admit for Part time in Pittsburgh.. After living in Bay Area for 1.5 years i knw California is the place to be...but as far as my future is concerned, location doesnt matter if the course is good.

Did you apply to Tepper? I would have never thought had i not followed the application process more closely. While UCLA is a very good brand for part time MBA and one of the top for entrepreneurship, I didnt find the adcom communication that effective and the application process was not student friendly. Till last week I didnt even knew that there was a 3rd round that was introduced. Though I had applied in R2, but I would have loved to hear the change in the process. At the same time, Tepper, communicated everything at regular intervals and also have a very good marketing in terms of creating a brand value.

I know that these things wont matter much, so I am looking for some advise on which of these would offer me a better future for me and my goals?

Thanks,
- MM

- MM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 175 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: Management Consulting
Schools: Ross 2012
 Q50  V44
WE 1: 5 Years at Fortune 50 Company in Manufacturing
Send PM
moneyminter wrote:
JinJJa wrote:
moneyminter wrote:
Hi Guys,

I am in too!!

Please advise.

Thanks in advance,
- MM

Congratulations.

Thanks for the reply. I got admit for Part time in Pittsburgh.. After living in Bay Area for 1.5 years i knw California is the place to be...but as far as my future is concerned, location doesnt matter if the course is good.

Did you apply to Tepper? I would have never thought had i not followed the application process more closely. While UCLA is a very good brand for part time MBA and one of the top for entrepreneurship, I didnt find the adcom communication that effective and the application process was not student friendly. Till last week I didnt even knew that there was a 3rd round that was introduced. Though I had applied in R2, but I would have loved to hear the change in the process. At the same time, Tepper, communicated everything at regular intervals and also have a very good marketing in terms of creating a brand value.

I know that these things wont matter much, so I am looking for some advise on which of these would offer me a better future for me and my goals?

Thanks,
- MM

- MM

As PT programs go, I think UCLA is the way to go. Although I might be bias looking at my name but hear me out. UCLA has been like top PT program last couple of years. Also with PT programs, you want a program that allows you to recruit with the FT program (which if you saw the protect at booth this year, not all schools do). I think CMU is limited since the FT program isn't concidered a elite program and Pittsburg is pretty limited with tons of great programs in the northeast.

Side Note, go look at BW to see the on going debating if PT people should be able to recruit with Full time people.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 175 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: Management Consulting
Schools: Ross 2012
 Q50  V44
WE 1: 5 Years at Fortune 50 Company in Manufacturing
Send PM
leahpea10 wrote:
Very cool man :) way to go!!
mine still says 'Your application is complete for committee review.'

Well I know the wait stinks so hang in there![/quote]

Whooo whoooo congrats!!!! This has been a great season!!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
moneyminter wrote:

Thanks,
- MM

- MM

If you want to compare the two programs (UCLA FEMBA vs CMU PT) based on merit and repuation, then I think most publications and rankings would rank UCLA FEMBA ahead.

I think location matters especially for PT programs because you would need to hold down a job. Do you really want to move to Pittsburgh from SF and live there for 3 years while working and attending school? Also finding a new job is rarely easy these days.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Any more admits or dings today?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, General Management, New Product Development, Entrepreneurship
Send PM
i havent heard anything but I have a question for R1 applicants, the decision deadline was February 4, 2010 . Did all R1 applicants get a response from UCLA on Feb 4 (reject,accept,waitlist) or are some of them out there without any decision so far?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
JinJJa wrote:
moneyminter wrote:

Thanks,
- MM

- MM

If you want to compare the two programs (UCLA FEMBA vs CMU PT) based on merit and repuation, then I think most publications and rankings would rank UCLA FEMBA ahead.

I think location matters especially for PT programs because you would need to hold down a job. Do you really want to move to Pittsburgh from SF and live there for 3 years while working and attending school? Also finding a new job is rarely easy these days.

Thanks! I think even I am more inclined towards UCLA :). Moreover, moving from bay area to LA seems less painful than moving to Pittsburg :D

btw...are you in LA or u also gonna relocate?

- MM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
moneyminter wrote:
JinJJa wrote:
moneyminter wrote:

Thanks,
- MM

- MM

Thanks! I think even I am more inclined towards UCLA :). Moreover, moving from bay area to LA seems less painful than moving to Pittsburg :D

btw...are you in LA or u also gonna relocate?

- MM

I live in LA. As you might be aware, the LA economy is very different from SF. LA isn't nearly as high-tech oriented.

Good luck with your decision.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
abhinavsarna wrote:
i havent heard anything but I have a question for R1 applicants, the decision deadline was February 4, 2010 . Did all R1 applicants get a response from UCLA on Feb 4 (reject,accept,waitlist) or are some of them out there without any decision so far?

If you're a R1 applicant that hasn't heard ANYTHING yet, i would definitely contact the Admissions Office at this point.

Even if you have received some response, I don't think it hurts to let them know you're still jonesing for an admit... remember, the Squeaky Wheel :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I am actually R2 applicant, my decisions deadline is tomorrow. I was wondering if they respond to all applicants on the deadline date and wanted to know if all R1 applicants got their decisions.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
abhinavsarna wrote:
I am actually R2 applicant, my decisions deadline is tomorrow. I was wondering if they respond to all applicants on the deadline date and wanted to know if all R1 applicants got their decisions.

I believe all R1 applicants received their decision (admit, ding, WL) on or before the R1 decision date.

I imagine the same would happen to R2 on June 9th.

The WL process probably would take longer than June 9th to settle since they need to decide on all the waitlisters based on the yield (admits who decide to matriculate) of R1 and R2.

Originally posted by JinJJa on 08 Jun 2010, 13:55.
Last edited by JinJJa on 08 Jun 2010, 18:11, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks folks.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I live in LA and would love to go to UCLA's FEMBA program at Andersen... need to learn more about it.

Need to kill it on the MBA to even have a chance...
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16