Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 16:17 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 16:17

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: UCLA FEMBA (and USC MBA.PM) Fall 2008 [#permalink]
Good thread to start..keep track of people applying and getting admissions decisions.

I applied to both programs a couple of weeks ago. UCLA is my first choice but I have at best, average GPA and GMAT scores. I have some good work experience 11 years total and 3 years out of that of management experience so i think i have a slim chance at UCLA.

Had an interiview on the Nov 10th at UCLA which i think went off very well. Unfortunately i dont believe the interview weighs too much so i dont think my performance at the interview will do that much to help me get in.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Quote:
I have some good work experience 11 years total and 3 years out of that of management experience so i think i have a slim chance at UCLA.

I hope UCLA would value experience more leverage than GMAT and GPA scores. From my last info session at SC, they mentioned that experience was a good weighing factor in the admissions along with GPA & GMAT. I have over 10yrs working experience and almost 4 years mngmt. Good luck!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
What is the status of your USC application? Though i sent in my docs over a month ago, the system still does not show them as received and my status is incomplete
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Dinky wrote:
What is the status of your USC application? Though i sent in my docs over a month ago, the system still does not show them as received and my status is incomplete

Fall 2008 admission is not due until May 1, 2008. So, I plan on starting my essays after new years and submitting my app sometime in Mar or Apr.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Dinky wrote:
Good thread to start..keep track of people applying and getting admissions decisions.

I applied to both programs a couple of weeks ago. UCLA is my first choice but I have at best, average GPA and GMAT scores. I have some good work experience 11 years total and 3 years out of that of management experience so i think i have a slim chance at UCLA.

Had an interiview on the Nov 10th at UCLA which i think went off very well. Unfortunately i dont believe the interview weighs too much so i dont think my performance at the interview will do that much to help me get in.

What is the appropriate GMAT score for UCLA? I have about 13 years experience with 4 years in mgt, and 680 gmat. Is that a good starting point?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
FountainHead wrote:
What is the appropriate GMAT score for UCLA? I have about 13 years experience with 4 years in mgt, and 680 gmat. Is that a good starting point?

That more than what i have so i guess i would have to say yes that is a good starting point :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Send PM
I just applied to the UCLA EMBA program (last week). I hope I get in.

My profile:
work experience: 12 years (10 in management). pretty solid work experience including my own company, etc.
GMAT: 730 (96th percentile)
undergrad GPA: 2.6 at UC Berkeley

I sat in on a class and visited the campus for an info session.

RVD.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Send PM
good news! i'm in for the UCLA EMBA program. it's a great program and i'm certainly happy i'm in. chances are pretty high that i'll be going. wharton west was my first choice and maybe it still is but i'd have to fly up north to San Francisco every other week so it's not quite as tempting (it's also $50k more expensive).

RVD.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Concentration: Marketing, International Business
GMAT 1: 610 Q44 V28
GMAT 2: 670 Q46 V36
GPA: 3.46
WE:Sales (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Just submitted the app [#permalink]
Anybody going to Super Saturday for the FEMBA program?

Just finished everything today. have yet to mail the transcript.

690 GMAT, 4 years work experience by the time I start. 1 promotion, 0 mgmt experience. when i shear the numbers being thrown out there by others " 13 years work exp inc 4 in mgmt", makes me feel like Joe Schmo.

Good luck to everybody applying...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I think we have similar profiles: a few years of work experience with promotions, no mgmt exp. I think that is more the norm than 10+ yrs exp. Though I'm sure it's normal for applicants with only a few years exp to have small amounts of mgmt exp.

I went to the open house Sat Jan 12. I'm just starting to get my app together. Let me know how Super Saturday goes!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Concentration: Marketing, International Business
GMAT 1: 610 Q44 V28
GMAT 2: 670 Q46 V36
GPA: 3.46
WE:Sales (Consumer Products)
Send PM
axion1565 wrote:
I think we have similar profiles: a few years of work experience with promotions, no mgmt exp. I think that is more the norm than 10+ yrs exp. Though I'm sure it's normal for applicants with only a few years exp to have small amounts of mgmt exp.

I went to the open house Sat Jan 12. I'm just starting to get my app together. Let me know how Super Saturday goes!

The open house was fun. I interviewed with an alum. Fingers crossed now!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
So, is anyone getting their applications for UCLA and USC ready? I plan on submitting mine by the end of the month.
GMAT Club Bot