It is currently 23 Oct 2017, 14:30

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

UCLA FEMBA vs. UCI FT with Fellowship

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35
GPA: 3.15
UCLA FEMBA vs. UCI FT with Fellowship [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Jun 2017, 15:12
Hey Folks,

Good luck to those waiting for their decisions R3 and beyond!

I was admitted to UCLA'S FEMBA program and UCI's full-time program with a fellowship. I was thinking about leveraging the fellowship at UCI to see if I could maybe gain some fellowship opportunity at UCLA. Does anyone have any insight into this, and if it's typical/OK to do that? I'm definitely leaning toward UCLA regardless...

Thanks for your help!

Expert Post
Founder
Founder
P

Kudos [?]: 28574 [0], given: 5115

GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Jun 2017, 18:25
Congrats! Definitely Anderson is a better option even as a femba experience.

As to scholarship, it is late in the season and there is probably not a whole lot more ey left but does not hurt to try. Schools are not super willing to Tien every offer into anauction but sometimes they will do something. Do a search on negotiating a scholarship.

Congrats and good luck!

Posted from my mobile device

Kudos [?]: 28574 [0], given: 5115

Intern
Intern

GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35
GPA: 3.15
UCLA FEMBA vs. UCI FT with Fellowship [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Jun 2017, 00:07
Thank you for the quick response! The general consensus I've read about it just to ask, you never know, so ask I will.

I should mention that I already accepted my offers from both schools and put in my deposits (one gave me a decision in March while the other was in late May, so you can see what my dilemma was in securing my seat in at least one program). But it doesn't hurt to ask I suppose, as long as it's nicely and respectfully.

Will report back if and when they decide. In the meantime I found a few articles for anyone who is also curious about his/her own situation:

http://www.amerasiaconsulting.com/blog/ ... -the-offer

UCLA FEMBA vs. UCI FT with Fellowship   [#permalink] 20 Jun 2017, 00:07

UCLA FEMBA vs. UCI FT with Fellowship

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: OasisGC

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap