GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 17 Aug 2018, 02:55

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Ultimate GMAT Quantitative Megathread

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Math Expert
V
Re: Ultimate GMAT Quantitative Megathread  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Dec 2017, 05:02
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 16 Dec 2017, 09:04
Can't thank you guys enough.

Sayan. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Math Expert
V

Show Tags

New post 18 Dec 2017, 05:01
Math Expert
V

Show Tags

New post 02 Jan 2018, 01:56
Math Expert
V

Show Tags

New post 11 Jan 2018, 02:27
Math Expert
V

Show Tags

New post 31 Jan 2018, 06:26
Math Expert
V

Show Tags

New post 02 Apr 2018, 02:51
Intern
Intern
Ultimate GMAT Quantitative Megathread  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 May 2018, 13:05
Hi OP, I was wondering, is it true that the GMAT Official Guide Bundle are too “basic”? I currently score around 640 on the GMATprep software. I usually score between 45 and 47 on Quant, and around 34 on Verbal. I haven’t purchased any books aside from a Kaplan book, and I’m considering buying the OG 2018 Bundle and/or the Manhattan series and/or the Powerscore bibles. I’m not sure which ONES I should purchase (as in, if I purchase the Manhattan series, should I purchase the ten books or just the Quant books? Should I purchase the verbal books from Powerscore? Would I still need the OG by then?). My weakest areas are reading comprehension (since English is my 3rd language) and combinations/permutations. Thank you for helping me out on this! Oh and I forgot to mention: my goal is to score around 720!

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum
Manager
Manager
S
GMAT 1: 670 Q46 V36
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 09 Jun 2018, 16:57
bb Bunuel I was wondering what tool was used to generate the GC Math Book PDF? Btw is there a doc file for it by any chance? I notice that we have the "Print view" option but that shows the equations in Latex format, which isn't easy to read, as shown in the attached screenshot.

Does GC have any feature to convert any post into a PDF, allowing the user to highlight or do whatever one wants with that PDF? If not, do you have any recommendations for any specific third party tools that might be handy to do this?

For example, this thread "Ultimate GMAT Quantitative Megathread" has so many great links and I would want the post to be in some format (i.e. PDF or doc) so that I can mark what I find useful to me and only review the marked stuff again when I'm revising the concepts. For example, one might have gone through some other guides already such as Manhattan Prep quant guides and would only want to highlight/annotate stuff that might be new in these posts. Having the GC Math Book PDF is really useful for annotating/highlighting but it would be even better if one could add other articles to it if there was any way to generate a PDF/doc file for other articles not covered in the book.

I want to copy some posts to a word document or PDF with keeping the equations readable. Currently, if we copy a post with some equations, the equations are really hard to read because they are formatted using Latex for GC posts and they might look slightly different when pasting them to a text or doc file. For example, if I copy this equation: \(R = \frac{n!}{n} = (n-1)!\), it shows up like this: R=n!n=(n−1)! (So we can't even tell if it's a fraction).

Thanks!
Attachments

Print View.png
Print View.png [ 319 KiB | Viewed 817 times ]

Everything You Need To Know About Verb Tenses

Founder
Founder
V
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 09 Jun 2018, 17:25
We use a highly scientific tool. I’m not sure if you would be able to master it but I will try to give you some directions ;-)

Take your mouse and click at the beginning of the post and then drag it down to the end.

CTRL C

then go to MS Word and CTRL V

then you can print or save as PDF or save as a doc file. That’s how we made the math book. :-)

Posted from my mobile device

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here...
OG2019 Directory is here! - New!
Verbal OG2019 Directory is here! - New!

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Manager
Manager
S
GMAT 1: 670 Q46 V36
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 09 Jun 2018, 18:01
bb wrote:
We use a highly scientific tool. I’m not sure if you would be able to master it but I will try to give you some directions ;-)

Take your mouse and click at the beginning of the post and then drag it down to the end.

CTRL C

then you can print or save as PDF or save as a doc file. That’s how we made the math book. :-)

bb Haha! Voila (says a man from the stone age ;)). What's the use of "Print View"? It shows the equations in Latex format "\(C^n_k = \frac{n!}{k!(n-k)!}\)", which aren't pleasant to read. "Print View" would be a lot more useful if it could show the formatted equations as we see on the forums. In that case, we could either print it or save it as a PDF. Is there any other way besides "Print View" to print the posts with formatted equations? If I just Ctrl+P on a forum page, it would print all the extra stuff on the side column such as ads, GC Rewards and links to other forum threads.

Everything You Need To Know About Verb Tenses

Founder
Founder
V
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 13 Jun 2018, 18:39
They don't build things like they used to in stone age. Now they fall apart after one use. :-o
In any case, we have enabled formulas to be used in the print view. Enjoy!

dabaobao wrote:
bb wrote:

CTRL C

bb Haha! Voila (says a man from the stone age ;)). What's the use of "Print View"? It shows the equations in Latex format "\(C^n_k = \frac{n!}{k!(n-k)!}\)", which aren't pleasant to read. "Print View" would be a lot more useful if it could show the formatted equations as we see on the forums. In that case, we could either print it or save it as a PDF. Is there any other way besides "Print View" to print the posts with formatted equations? If I just Ctrl+P on a forum page, it would print all the extra stuff on the side column such as ads, GC Rewards and links to other forum threads.

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here...
OG2019 Directory is here! - New!
Verbal OG2019 Directory is here! - New!

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Re: Ultimate GMAT Quantitative Megathread &nbs [#permalink] 13 Jun 2018, 18:39

Go to page   Previous    1   2   [ 32 posts ] 

Ultimate GMAT Quantitative Megathread

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap