It is currently 19 Oct 2017, 13:19

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Umm, excuse me, where is the entrance of 710 club?Q:50 V:35

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 21 Jul 2006
Posts: 21

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Location: Istanbul, Turkey
Umm, excuse me, where is the entrance of 710 club?Q:50 V:35 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Oct 2006, 08:56
It is OVER! I have to thank to all who contribute to the site by sharing their experiences, studying methods, questions & answers etc. The road to GMAT would be a lot painful without GMATClub.

I could start studying for the test in just August because of school load and the internship I was doing. I have always been good at maths but verbal part was a real headache for a non-native speaker such as me. So, I focused on verbal part as I was feeling confident about quantitative.

Although I had limited time, I cannot say that I was that hardworking: no error logs, no other helpful materials mentioned and used by other members (but that's just me, please take those advices seriously. Time to time, I felt the need for a good error log) and not many practice tests (PrincetonReview 1: 650, PR 2: 690, GMATPrep: 760). The last test I took was 3 weeks before (the new semester began, so I didn't have much time for prep. tests).

There was a cool morning in Istanbul today. I woke up at 5:45AM (I had scheduled the exam for 9:00AM) and left home at 6:30. For those who know Istanbul, I took a bus to Kadikoy first then took the boat to European side. For those who haven't seen Istanbul yet (you're missing alot), I enjoyed the great view of Bosphorus during the trip.

About 9:00AM the test started. AWA part was better than I was expecting. The quantitative part was also OK but as the end of the test approached, I got nervous and thought that everything was getting worser. During the break, I streched some and washed my face. I can't say anything much about the verbal part as I couldn't focus on it. Unconsciously, I began to answer the questions like a machine. When the section ended, I had 10 minutes left. I began to pray for a 650 but wasn't sure if I would be able to see even a 630-640. When I saw 710 on the screen, I couldn't believe my eyes!

Now, I have some articles waiting for me for my undergraduate thesis. But you know what I'm doing? Plugged in my dear '95 American Deluxe Strat Plus to its amp, counting down the seconds to play some real music. Thank you everyone, I'll be around :)

Time to rock, time to roll!

Last edited by Eren on 20 Oct 2006, 10:44, edited 1 time in total.

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
User avatar
Joined: 21 Aug 2006
Posts: 37

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Location: LA California
Congrats [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Oct 2006, 09:33
Hey Congrats ... Very Well done ...
Definitely time to party
_________________

Solus Intendo
http://www.orkut.com/Profile.aspx?uid=17847665836556266371

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 04 Aug 2006
Posts: 117

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Oct 2006, 11:21
Congrats! Welcome to the 700 club!

I got very similar to yours....Q51, V35, but total was only 690(91 percentile)!

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 04 Aug 2006
Posts: 117

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Oct 2006, 11:23
Quote:
When I saw 710 on the screen, I couldn't believe my eyes!


You mention on your title that you got 700. In the post you say 710. Which one is it? Or you probably mean 700 club.....which means 700 or over...so 710 then?

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 21 Jul 2006
Posts: 21

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Location: Istanbul, Turkey
 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Oct 2006, 11:34
Hindustan wrote:
Quote:
When I saw 710 on the screen, I couldn't believe my eyes!


You mention on your title that you got 700. In the post you say 710. Which one is it? Or you probably mean 700 club.....which means 700 or over...so 710 then?


I was asking for the entrance of the club and yes, I got 710 :)

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 02 Aug 2006
Posts: 212

Kudos [?]: 342 [0], given: 0

Location: Taipei
Re: Umm, excuse me, where is the entrance of 700 club?Q:50 V [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Oct 2006, 01:10
Eren wrote:
It is OVER! I have to thank to all who contribute to the site by sharing their experiences, studying methods, questions & answers etc. The road to GMAT would be a lot painful without GMATClub.

I could start studying for the test in just August because of school load and the internship I was doing. I have always been good at maths but verbal part was a real headache for a non-native speaker such as me. So, I focused on verbal part as I was feeling confident about quantitative.

Although I had limited time, I cannot say that I was that hardworking: no error logs, no other helpful materials mentioned and used by other members (but that's just me, please take those advices seriously. Time to time, I felt the need for a good error log) and not many practice tests (PrincetonReview 1: 650, PR 2: 690, GMATPrep: 760). The last test I took was 3 weeks before (the new semester began, so I didn't have much time for prep. tests).

There was a cool morning in Istanbul today. I woke up at 5:45AM (I had scheduled the exam for 9:00AM) and left home at 6:30. For those who know Istanbul, I took a bus to Kadikoy first then took the boat to European side. For those who haven't seen Istanbul yet (you're missing alot), I enjoyed the great view of Bosphorus during the trip.

About 9:00AM the test started. AWA part was better than I was expecting. The quantitative part was also OK but as the end of the test approached, I got nervous and thought that everything was getting worser. During the break, I streched some and washed my face. I can't say anything much about the verbal part as I couldn't focus on it. Unconsciously, I began to answer the questions like a machine. When the section ended, I had 10 minutes left. I began to pray for a 650 but wasn't sure if I would be able to see even a 630-640. When I saw 710 on the screen, I couldn't believe my eyes!

Now, I have some articles waiting for me for my undergraduate thesis. But you know what I'm doing? Plugged in my dear '95 American Deluxe Strat Plus to its amp, counting down the seconds to play some real music. Thank you everyone, I'll be around :)

Time to rock, time to roll!



Merhaba Eren ,

It's the magic of Bogazici that brings you to the 710 club!

Congrts~~ Turkyie rocks!!!

Kudos [?]: 342 [0], given: 0

GMAT Instructor
avatar
Joined: 04 Jul 2006
Posts: 1259

Kudos [?]: 335 [0], given: 0

Location: Madrid
 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Oct 2006, 03:22
It's nice to see beautiful scores coming from a beautiful city!

Kudos [?]: 335 [0], given: 0

Director
Director
User avatar
Joined: 07 Jun 2006
Posts: 513

Kudos [?]: 145 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Oct 2006, 11:09
Congrats and welcome!

In a completely unrelated matter - I saw a fascinating documentary on Istanbul and how there are roman aqueducts under the city..very cool.

Kudos [?]: 145 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 21 Jul 2006
Posts: 21

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Location: Istanbul, Turkey
 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Oct 2006, 12:11
necromonger wrote:
Congrats and welcome!

In a completely unrelated matter - I saw a fascinating documentary on Istanbul and how there are roman aqueducts under the city..very cool.


Merhaba All,

necromonger, there are also some tunnels that were used by Byzantines, most probably for evacuation. It is rumoured that one can reach any part of the city using those tunnels. Istanbul is full of such things, I don't know how many more wonders she has :) (you have to come and see them for yourself). But I must admit that we don't look after them the way we should :(

I wonder if there are any other cities with such a slow progress of subway (or should I use metro?) construction? Want to learn why? Each time the municipality wants to speed up the work, it finds itself digging the remains of an old settlement :) I love this city...

By the way, it is so great to see people who know about Istanbul (even the Turkish name for Bosphorus ;) ). I hope you enjoyed your visit or what you saw.

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

VP
VP
User avatar
Joined: 02 Jun 2006
Posts: 1257

Kudos [?]: 106 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Oct 2006, 13:43
Congrats 710 buddy (I got the same score..)good to see a great ending to hard-work.

Good luck with the apps/

:P

Kudos [?]: 106 [0], given: 0

  [#permalink] 20 Oct 2006, 13:43
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Umm, excuse me, where is the entrance of 710 club?Q:50 V:35

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: EMPOWERgmatRichC



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.