Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 04:35 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 04:35

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72876 [5]
Given Kudos: 18863
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [1]
Given Kudos: 73
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V40
GPA: 3.08
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [1]
Given Kudos: 36
Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.09
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72876 [1]
Send PM
Re: US News MBA 2018 Rankings! [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
By the way, a quick shameless plug for a popularity rankings I put together (a few weeks ago) that are based on the number of applicants on GMAT Club - https://gmatclub.com/forum/school-ranki ... 35933.html

You can see some interesting correlations with the 2018 US news
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72876 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
yodboy wrote:
Hot news :) Thanks for posting.

Goizueta actually was ranked #19 last year.

Thank you for pointing out - I have removed my rash comments (noticed that they went down a notch when I did the 2017 vs. 2018 comparison). However, in that sea of Red, it is still not bad... speaking of the sea of red - not sure how it is even possible to have so many negatives and so few positives.

P.S. I am happy for Stern. Glad they came back. I was holding my breath for them. I felt bad last year.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Send PM
Oh I just noticed that the screenshots you posted include figures on GMAT and % employed at Graduation.

A question: does graduation means the day they get the degree, or the day coursework finishes?
Founder
Founder
Send PM
US News MBA 2018 Rankings! [#permalink]
Expert Reply
yodboy wrote:
Oh I just noticed that the screenshots you posted include figures on GMAT and % employed at Graduation.

A question: does graduation means the day they get the degree, or the day coursework finishes?

Interesting question. Do you think those 2 dates are very different?
Graduation is when you receive your diploma and thus you get the degree. If my memory serves me right, the course work usually finishes just a few days before that time (not more than a week at most) and if you finish your course work early or late, then you will graduate at an earlier/later dates.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
bb wrote:
yodboy wrote:

Interesting question. Do you think those 2 dates are very different?
Graduation is when you receive your diploma and thus you get the degree. If my memory serves me right, the course work usually finishes just a few days before that time (not more than a week at most) and if you finish your course work early or late, then you will graduate at an earlier/later dates.

I'm not sure about US but in my undergrad, I finishes coursework in Feb and the graduation ceremony is in November. I guess it's not the case in the US then?
Founder
Founder
Send PM
US News MBA 2018 Rankings! [#permalink]
Expert Reply
yodboy wrote:

I'm not sure about US but in my undergrad, I finishes coursework in Feb and the graduation ceremony is in November. I guess it's not the case in the US then?

No, definitely not in the US Business Schools. That would be very deceiving.... even if you get your degree in Dec, you will be a contingent of a very small graduation but usually you will get your diploma then. Only in a few random situations one would have a gap.

In most cases, the measure indicates that students found a job pre-graduation and pre-finishing their degree, which is really awesome as it minimizes down-time and demonstrates strength of the school's recruiting (or caliber of students). There is always the chicken and the egg argument/dilemma - are the HBS students finding the jobs because they graduated from HBS or are they finding the jobs because HBS recruits the most successful students?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Wharton tied Harvard at #1
Manager
Manager
Send PM
bb Could you please share the screenshot of Marketing Ranking? I want to see where Emory is :)

Thanks
GMAT Club Bot