Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 15:34 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 15:34

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 79
GMAT 1: 660 Q48 V33
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 247 [0]
Given Kudos: 24
WE:Consulting (Education)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Send PM
Re: USA B schools for my profile [#permalink]
Hi Sridhar - Those schools all might be in reach but it's really hard to say without seeing more of your profile and background, understanding your positioning, etc. We're not trying to punt on the question but bschool admissions is a holistic evaluation and you have a variety of disadvantages to your profile to overcome. Not sure what the numbers are next to each school, are those meant to indicate their ranking? If so that's an inexact way to select your targets. Also you say that you prefer McCombs, UNC, Emory & Kelley due to location but that's confusing, they're all in different parts of the U.S. and the school on the very bottom of your list is also in Texas just like McCombs, so we're not quite understanding (also don't know about the 'lifestyle' comment and what that means).

Basically, any bschool can help you get into consulting. It sounds like you're going about it the right way in terms of speaking to people about the different schools but we're not quite sure what the criteria you're using actually are. In our experience, it's often easier for people to get into Rochester than it is into Emory (as a very rough overgeneralized statement) and at the same time, many of these schools are rather comparable in terms of the range of GMAT score etc that they will accept. That's why we can't say any more definitively if you have a greater chance at one versus another. Sorry that we can't be more helpful but we'd really need to dig into the details of your profile to say more. If you're really stuck you could sign up for our Comprehensive Profile Review which is just what it says it is and we can drill down into EVERYTHING - read about it here and specifically check out the reviews that others have left; GMAT Club members get a $10 discount if you click through from this page).

Good luck with everything!!
EssaySnark
Manager
Manager
Send PM
essaysnark wrote:
Hi Sridhar - Those schools all might be in reach but it's really hard to say without seeing more of your profile and background, understanding your positioning, etc. We're not trying to punt on the question but bschool admissions is a holistic evaluation and you have a variety of disadvantages to your profile to overcome. Not sure what the numbers are next to each school, are those meant to indicate their ranking? If so that's an inexact way to select your targets. Also you say that you prefer McCombs, UNC, Emory & Kelley due to location but that's confusing, they're all in different parts of the U.S. and the school on the very bottom of your list is also in Texas just like McCombs, so we're not quite understanding (also don't know about the 'lifestyle' comment and what that means).

Basically, any bschool can help you get into consulting. It sounds like you're going about it the right way in terms of speaking to people about the different schools but we're not quite sure what the criteria you're using actually are. In our experience, it's often easier for people to get into Rochester than it is into Emory (as a very rough overgeneralized statement) and at the same time, many of these schools are rather comparable in terms of the range of GMAT score etc that they will accept. That's why we can't say any more definitively if you have a greater chance at one versus another. Sorry that we can't be more helpful but we'd really need to dig into the details of your profile to say more. If you're really stuck you could sign up for our Comprehensive Profile Review which is just what it says it is and we can drill down into EVERYTHING -

Good luck with everything!!
EssaySnark

Hello Essay Snark Team,

Finally after a lot of rejects from Krannert, PSU, Foster and Fisher, I now have admits from 3 schools with good scholarships.

1. Tulane Freeman - 60% scholarship
2. Mason School of Business - 60% scholarship
3. George Washington University - 50,000 $ scholarship.

Please could you help me choose the best among these from an Indian student's point of view. Since all these schools are providing me almost the same scholarship, I would like to choose the best school in terms of placements for International candidates, cost of living in/around campus and a better university in terms of facilities.

Also, I intend to be a strategic consultant in the manufacturing industry after my MBA.

Please help me in choosing which one.

Regards,
Sridhar
Send PM
sridhar9504 wrote:
Hello Essay Snark Team,

Finally after a lot of rejects from Krannert, PSU, Foster and Fisher, I now have admits from 3 schools with good scholarships.

1. Tulane Freeman - 60% scholarship
2. Mason School of Business - 60% scholarship
3. George Washington University - 50,000 $ scholarship.

Please could you help me choose the best among these from an Indian student's point of view. Since all these schools are providing me almost the same scholarship, I would like to choose the best school in terms of placements for International candidates, cost of living in/around campus and a better university in terms of facilities.

Also, I intend to be a strategic consultant in the manufacturing industry after my MBA.

Please help me in choosing which one.

Regards,
Sridhar

Congratulations Sridhar!! That's awesome news!

Unfortunately we're not in a position to help you on this one - it's going to come down to a lot of soul-searching and question-asking directed to the school communities themselves. We have a gazillion posts on the EssaySnark blahg about this "problem" of deciding between multiple offers, including one that went up just yesterday (which probably isn't totally relevant to your situation but still may help): https://essaysnark.com/2014/02/more-on-c ... nt-factor/

You should be looking at employment reports and geography and talking to students and alumni at the schools. That's the best way to figure out which one is the best fit for you. These three schools are all good and you will be fine whichever one you pick!

Yeah, we know that's not helpful. :-D

There's many more posts on our site to help you identify the angles that you should be considering on the decision - dive in with those and let us know where you end up!
EssaySnark
GMAT Club Bot