Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 14:01 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 14:01

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: USC MACC interview coming up--pretty scared [#permalink]
Has anyone interviewed with anyone other than Cathy?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
^ me. I interviewed with Shirley.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I interviewed with Shirley too and was accepted.

For anyone interviewing with her, she was really nice, and it was a laid back interview...probably lasted around 10 minutes. She asked:
Why USC
Why do you want to relocate to LA
What are my goals after the program- she asked more specific questions for me on this b/c I have worked through college and have unique work experience and a goal other than Big 4

Good luck to everyone with upcoming interviews!!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
congrats knight08!

care to list your stats?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Knight, can you also share when you received an interview invite and if you were accepted on the spot? Congratulations and thanks! My app just turned complete on 4/1, so I'm trying to gauge how long I need to wait before I hear from them again.

Superel and bparker, have you heard anything yet?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Yeah, I just confirmed my interview with Cathy for Monday. I'm extremely nervous! Do you know of anyone that has received and interview and been rejected?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
bparker wrote:
Yeah, I just confirmed my interview with Cathy for Monday. I'm extremely nervous! Do you know of anyone that has received and interview and been rejected?

Yeah, I was interviewed and rejected last year. I haven't heard of any this year. By the way, congratulations! When did you get your interview invite?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Oh no! Do you remember any of the ?'s they asked? I heard back on Monday and I think my application was marked as complete on March 20.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I read on USC's website that all qualified candidates receive an interview. Does this mean that anyone who has a GPA above a 3.0 and a GMAT score above 600 receives an interview?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Bparker: We mainly talked about the reasons for my GPA being on the lower side, what I was doing at the time since it said that I wasn't currently working on my resume, and general basic questions like why I want to be in the program and what I can bring to the accounting field.

My advice is: You will definitely need to have good reasons for any flaws in your application (i.e. low GPA, etc.). Know what you want from the program and what you can offer to it or the accounting profession. Have a good reason for why you want to go into the accounting field. Know your career goals and your reasons for having those goals. They will also want to know what you have been doing since you have turned in the application if it says on your resume that you are not currently working or attending school. You should probably have questions for the interviewer.

Miami, not sure about that. I think it depends on the applicant pool and when you apply.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Bparker, could you please let us know how your interview went after you're done? Thanks.

For the people who interviewed already, I'm just wondering...did you send a thank you note to the interviewer? Is it necessary?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi ,

I had my interview last Tuesday with Cathy.It was pretty casual.She said I would hear from them within a week.Those of you who had an interview and have already received an offer, please share how long did it take to hear from them.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I'm really not sure because they told me I was in after my interview. I would imagine they would make a decision within a week.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi gooseman515 ,

whom did u interview with? were you told on the spot that you've been accepted??? Have you received any written communication yet?Pls share when was your interview.

gooseman515 wrote:
I'm really not sure because they told me I was in after my interview. I would imagine they would make a decision within a week.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
My interview was last Tuesday. I was interviewed by both Shirley and Cathy last Tuesday, although I talked more with Shirley. Before the interview was even finished, Shirley told me I was accepted into the program. When I got home (1 hour drive) I had an email from USC with my CIR. Other than that, the interview was easy going and more conversational. Shirley is some kind of communications consultant, so I think she's looking for people who are good communicators.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
My interview was with Shirley and it was EXTREMELY casual! Her voice is really calm and she makes you feel comfortable. She asked me only one ? and it was about a country that I had visited! She gave me the feeling that I was accepted, but I still haven't received anything.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Good luck, bparker! Did you send her a thank you note? I have an interview coming up w/ Shirley on Friday, and I'm a bit nervous. Is it ok to call her Shirley? Did you apply for the Macc or MBT program?
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   
Moderator:
Senior Moderator - Masters Forum
3137 posts