GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 21 Oct 2019, 12:00

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

V03-06

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Find Similar Topics 
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: IIMA PGPX"20 (D)
GMAT 1: 640 Q47 V30
GMAT 2: 540 Q42 V22
GPA: 3.7
Re: V03-06  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Oct 2018, 05:57
sayantanc2k, Bunuel, GMATNinja - I follow the explanations above. My view regrading option D and E is - the word 'certainly' in first part of sentence is looking for contrast such as despite or even though. It means to Even though she is not as efficient she is certainly progressive. Same goes with 'despite'.
Intern
Intern
B
Re V03-06  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Oct 2018, 07:44
I think this is a poor-quality question and I don't agree with the explanation. She is an ambiguous pronoun. "She" could refer to either the new mayor or her predecessor. Something needs to clear up who is less efficient.
Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 22 Nov 2018, 13:32
could anyone explain the usage of "as" and its function? I feel that another as is missing when read the sentence... Would not it sound much satisfactorily if it was "she is not as efficient as ..
Intern
Intern
B
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 27 Nov 2018, 08:05
Hi,

I did not understand why option B is incorrect. Even though 'however' is not required in option B, using it does not make the sentence incorrect either.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40

Show Tags

New post 07 May 2019, 09:49
Though both option A & D are grammatically correct but option A is more close to meaning conveyed by the original sentence.
Yes it is true that the intended meaning of the words such as though, despite or but can be daunting to some people, so in such scenarios always go for the option which uses the words that are as close as possible to the words mentioned in the original sentence.
Re: V03-06   [#permalink] 07 May 2019, 09:49

Go to page   Previous    1   2   [ 25 posts ] 

V03-06

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderators: chetan2u, Bunuel