GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 16 Jun 2019, 01:53

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

V28 . Where did it go wrong ?

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
B
V28 . Where did it go wrong ?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Jul 2017, 22:31
Hi , I attempted Gmat prep practice cat -3 and performed horribly in VA(28). I went with the mindset of doing well in first 10 questions( Saw few simulations run by gmatclub member and they were rooting for this to work ) really well. However it didn't turn out a good strategy for me. Below is the split .

Q 1-13 C- 12 W -1

Q 14 - 29 C - 10 W- 6 ( No string of wrong answers involved more than 2 questions )

Q 30 - 39 C- 3 W - 7 ( Ran out of time and had to guess on a lot of questions ) - This looks to be a cause of poor score .

Q 40 , 41 Left unattempted.

I scored V31 & 36 in my previous two GMP practice cats and worked really hard to improve on my weak areas. TBH before the test I was feeling very confident of doing well in VA and was expecting to score around 40. However seeing this score which much worse than my previous scores I am feeling a bit demotivated. Also , I am writing GMAT in Sep last last week and hence have only so many days to improve. On Quants I am doing decent enough , have been scoring 49-50 in all the CATS. But with this sort of performance in VA even Q51 will amount to nothing.

Could you guys help me understand my mistakes ? Where did I lose it totally ? Or is there something I did horribly wrong. ?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
P
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
GPA: 3.76
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: V28 . Where did it go wrong ?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Jul 2017, 22:41
Oh you have done more mistakes in last 2 sets of questions....it depends on the level of questions....if u are doing mistakes in 650 level questions or below 650, then it means you wont be getting high score. I is crucial to have 90%+ accuracy in easy to medium level questions. I am sure you have made more mistakes in easy questions....practice a lot...try to solve sc in less than 1.30 mins...

Sent from my SM-T235Y using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Current Student
P
WE: General Management (Aerospace and Defense)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 30 Jul 2017, 22:55
Top Contributor
booksknight wrote:
Hi , I attempted Gmat prep practice cat -3 and performed horribly in VA(28). I went with the mindset of doing well in first 10 questions( Saw few simulations run by gmatclub member and they were rooting for this to work ) really well. However it didn't turn out a good strategy for me. Below is the split .

Q 1-13 C- 12 W -1

Q 14 - 29 C - 10 W- 6 ( No string of wrong answers involved more than 2 questions )

Q 30 - 39 C- 3 W - 7 ( Ran out of time and had to guess on a lot of questions ) - This looks to be a cause of poor score .

I scored V31 & 36 in my previous two GMP practice cats and worked really hard to improve on my weak areas. TBH before the test I was feeling very confident of doing well in VA and was expecting to score around 40. However seeing this score which much worse than my previous scores I am feeling a bit demotivated. Also , I am writing GMAT in Sep last last week and hence have only so many days to improve. On Quants I am doing decent enough , have been scoring 49-50 in all the CATS. But with this sort of performance in VA even Q51 will amount to nothing.

Could you guys help me understand my mistakes ? Where did I lose it totally ? Or is there something I did horribly wrong. ?

I think you have missed the timing here. Your last 12 questions had 9 incorrect answers. GMAT punishes heavily if you missed to answer any question. Work on your timing.

Best strategy, if you are running out of time, get one question correct and guess the next one. And repeat the same. Never leave any questions unanswered.
D
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V40
WE: Management Consulting (Consulting)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 31 Jul 2017, 18:33
booksknight wrote:

Q 1-13 C- 12 W -1

I guess you probably had a few wrong answers on a trot in Q30-39. That was one of the reasons.

Another big reason was the fact that you had 2 unanswered questions. Never ever leave questions unanswered. It is worse than answering them incorrectly.

You'll have to work a bit on ur speed to fix this.
CEO
CEO
V
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V169

Show Tags

New post 31 Jul 2017, 19:17
booksknight wrote:
Try to finish the test well, and don't compromise the last set of questions in an attempt to get the first 10 correct.
Re: V28 . Where did it go wrong ?   [#permalink] 31 Jul 2017, 19:17

V28 . Where did it go wrong ?

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: DisciplinedPrep